Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bad decision (s).
So you'd rather have seen Winks/Sissoko over Ndombele

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

Yep, was just about to post that. He was far too easily bypassed on the first goal, being a playmaker is all well and good but you have to offer more to the team when we defend. If you’re standing on the edge of our penalty box you can’t let people just breeze past you.

That’s the biggest difference between him and Dembele. He was a brick wall, I only ever saw Yaya Toure and Pogba cause him any serious trouble. Tanguy by contrast is a dream to play against, like playing against a training cone most of the time.
Attacking v Tanguy = Dream
Defending v Tanguy = Nightmare

I'm a big fan of Ndombele but VERY dissapointed for what he did with the 1st goal. That's the reason people don't rate him that's why he doesn't get into the team. He has to improve on that and its not even particurlarly hard tbh just requires a bit more effort.
The entire back 6 was awful on that goal. The defensive solidity of the squad through the first 3 matches seemed to have been based more on the players than the tactics, at least at this point.

Regardless of his sins, he needs to be reincorporated into our starting 11. He’s miles ahead in terms of talent compared to our other midfielders and has a skill set the others simply don’t.

A midfield three of Ndombele-Hojbjerg-Lo Celso needs to be the ultimate goal if we genuinely want to compete.

Had some nice spells. Next step needs to string it all together for 90mins....

I fear the Chavs game is a step too soon for him to save us a very tough day at the office.

Palace game a real missed opportunity it feels.....

Back
Top Bottom