Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was at the game today and paid special attention to Tanguy.

His off the ball work is dreadful. It's honestly like playing with 10 men.

His on-the-ball stuff today was poor, with the exception of one bit of skill.

Couldn't agree more.

Watched him a lot off the ball and he very rarely showed for the ball. 'Hiding' would be the best description. He was shouted at by Holjberg, Romero and Dier on different occasions for being out of position.

I'm actually surprised it took so long for him to be replaced.

Couldn't agree more.

Watched him a lot off the ball and he very rarely showed for the ball. 'Hiding' would be the best description. He was shouted at by Holjberg, Romero and Dier on different occasions for being out of position.

I'm actually surprised it took so long for him to be replaced.
Early in the second half Kane had a give and go, and started running down the left flank after giving it to Tanguy. Instead of playing Kane in, Tanguy passed it backwards.

He also seemed to be on the left wing a lot in the first half. Doing not a lot.

VS VILLA

One of the worst players on the pitch and ineffective in every way. How can our 'creative' number 10 have the lowest number of passes of any player on the pitch????

Lowest number of touches (41)
0 aerials won
1 dribble (lowest of our non-CBs)
Lowest pass succcess rate (72%)
Most dispossessed
Zero tackles
Zero tackles attempted
Zero interceptions
Zero clearances
Zero blocks
Zero fouls
Lowest number of passes
Highest number of lost possessions

He has definitely had better games but I like the fact he takes responsibility for the creative side. Rarely does he pass backwards like Skipp or PEH. Unless you want a midfield 3 of Skipp types we have to accept that a creative player like Ndombele is not gonna have the work rate of a skipp or PEH. Ericsson was not well known for his press either.

For those who say he only last 60 mins. Look at him from 60 mins onwards on a replay
60 mins - looks to press McGinn near corner flag forcing a rubbish pass
60 mins - had his very skilful moment. Outside of Son I don’t think another player could have done that.
61 mins - failed kick from Lloris to Kane. Ndombele was making a break on the basis Kane might flick on. If Kane had Ndombele would have probably been one on one with Martinez.
62 mins - Ndombele tells Kane to press Mings on the right side and Kane says “What you mean by Press?” 😆
62 mins - Ndombele presses McGinn (I think it was)
63 mins - Ndombele tracks back to Spurs penalty area
65 mins - Ndombele presses
66 mins - Ndombele presses
66 mins - Ndombele tells Son to go to the ball whilst he marks Luiz
67 mins - goal to Villa because Skipp then PEH then Romero failed with tackles
69 mins - Ndombele recovers the loose ball after McGinn slip
69 mins - Ndombele sees a bit of space and runs forward and tries to play Kane in
72 mins - part clears a free kick
72 mins - presses Luiz close to Spurs area. Presses. Spurs don’t have ball.
74 mins - presses more. Spurs don’t have ball
75 mins - Replaced.

im not saying he had a great game, but he did seem to press, he did still seem to do defence, he dis seem to care And everytime he got the ball he had his head up looking to go forward.

I criticize everyone when they're due for criticism.
He's kind of a flat track bully like Kane.
Can't perform when we need him to against decent opposition.
Quick, someone send Tanguy this post... :lamelashock:

youre-fired.gif

Too many on here have the knives out for N'Dombele. When on the ball he messed with their heads, because nobody knows what he's going to do next. An absolute magician with the ball at his feet. He's not perfect, but, other than me, I don't know anyone who is.

Cut him some slack. He's very good and will continue to improve once Dele's gone.

He has definitely had better games but I like the fact he takes responsibility for the creative side. Rarely does he pass backwards like Skipp or PEH. Unless you want a midfield 3 of Skipp types we have to accept that a creative player like Ndombele is not gonna have the work rate of a skipp or PEH. Ericsson was not well known for his press either.

For those who say he only last 60 mins. Look at him from 60 mins onwards on a replay
60 mins - looks to press McGinn near corner flag forcing a rubbish pass
60 mins - had his very skilful moment. Outside of Son I don’t think another player could have done that.
61 mins - failed kick from Lloris to Kane. Ndombele was making a break on the basis Kane might flick on. If Kane had Ndombele would have probably been one on one with Martinez.
62 mins - Ndombele tells Kane to press Mings on the right side and Kane says “What you mean by Press?” 😆
62 mins - Ndombele presses McGinn (I think it was)
63 mins - Ndombele tracks back to Spurs penalty area
65 mins - Ndombele presses
66 mins - Ndombele presses
66 mins - Ndombele tells Son to go to the ball whilst he marks Luiz
67 mins - goal to Villa because Skipp then PEH then Romero failed with tackles
69 mins - Ndombele recovers the loose ball after McGinn slip
69 mins - Ndombele sees a bit of space and runs forward and tries to play Kane in
72 mins - part clears a free kick
72 mins - presses Luiz close to Spurs area. Presses. Spurs don’t have ball.
74 mins - presses more. Spurs don’t have ball
75 mins - Replaced.

im not saying he had a great game, but he did seem to press, he did still seem to do defence, he dis seem to care And everytime he got the ball he had his head up looking to go forward.
People only see what they want to see. They'll ignore anything positive but record the negative.
Bit like the people who get a rage on that one BMW out of 10 on their daily drive didn't indicate and ignoring the 9 that did and 27 other cars that didn't.

Not saying he was MOTM by any stretch, but my note for the game was that he was involved an awful lot more than he usually is. A lot of his "bad" stats were born out of him having the ball in the first place to get tackled, or trying an audacious forward pass to fuck it up. There were a few of those that were mere millimetres from breaking the line and sending an attacker through on goal.

He could just stop that and bring his numbers up, but then he'd be a slower version of Winks. We don't want or need that.

I'd like to see the bad TND stats along side every one else who played as well.

There were a few of those that were mere millimetres from breaking the line and sending an attacker through on goal.

He could just stop that and bring his numbers up, but then he'd be a slower version of Winks. We don't want or need that.
Yup . We barely create chances these days. We need brave players who will take the risk.

Because he's inconsistent, lazy and doesn't produce anything like enough moments that actually make a difference to his teams. For a midfielder that isn't defensive minded his goals and assists record is appalling.

When we sell him we'll get 30 million for him tops, if we're lucky.

70 plus million for this chump. Christ.
His heading technique is pathetic

I actually think he's had far worse games for us than he did yesterday. I thought he was average overall, like Kane, but with some good moments, as with Harry. Wouldn't say either were poor.
*if I sneak in “Harry played well* into every random post, in a few days everyone will think he played well*

I think after today it’s clear that Skipp and Hojbjerg are nailed-on starters in a double pivot. So now it’s a matter of discerning whether Ndombele or Lo Celso should accompany them—there’s not room for both.
And both are disappointing

I criticize everyone when they're due for criticism.
He's kind of a flat track bully like Kane.
Can't perform when we need him to against decent opposition.

His best performances in a Spurs shirt for me have come against Manchester City, Liverpool and Bayern (or at least .. Bayern until his fitness went to shit as usual).

He isn't a flat track bully, he just randomly decides when he wants to turn up.

He's much better in the position he played yesterday. Least with Skipp and Hoijberg covering if he does lose the ball (like against Wolves) we're not gonna get caught out.

He's a unique player who can be our most creative player and we just need to keep believing in him.

I thought he was poor, and I usually rate him. Just seemed off the pace, but everyone has those days every so often.

Is that partly because he actually tried to keep things more simple yesterday and keep the ball moving?
It's hard to stand out in those area's unless you're known for being a bit basic.

I watched all but the first few minutes and all I saw was TND trying to be involved in the game.

This has been a question I've asked about various players over the years about performances.
Is it better to make mistakes because you're always involved, or to make no mistakes because you're not?

I would say he fell in to the first category yesterday. As a comparison, I think the poorest example of the latter, was Eriksen before he went. There were times where he was so MIA that we may as well have been playing with 10. Adnd yes, sometimes TND has fallen into that category too.

Back
Top Bottom