Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Loved Poch for his early work but he really deserved the sacking, for doing a bad job in the post cl final season, and for insisting on taking control of transfers and bringing in Lo Celso, Ndombele and Sess. Not one of them contributed anything and crippled us for years.

Levy loved Poch, but several factors led to the sacking

- Ndombele and Lo Celso came it; and weren't suited to our formation or style. We then didn't adjust anything to accommodate them. Makes me wonder if these were Poch signings or forced on him.

- Dele Alli was the best young footballer EVER. Whether it was mismanagement or something else, we lost one of the clubs greatest assets when Dele's form disappeared.

- Eriksen. Poch refused to sanction the sell and threatened to quit of he was sold. Knowing the player wanted to leave he needed to let this one go and focus on the replacements.

Although if he went along, got a taste of their Korean Fried Chicken, we might be able to offload him to a K-League team? 🤔
thats racist GIF

- Dele Alli was the best young footballer EVER. Whether it was mismanagement or something else, we lost one of the clubs greatest assets when Dele's form disappeared.

I was one of Dele's bigger fans, but this statement is hilarious.

- Eriksen. Poch refused to sanction the sell and threatened to quit of he was sold. Knowing the player wanted to leave he needed to let this one go and focus on the replacements.

Can you substantiate any of that in any way?

That’s not “ever” though. It’s from 2015 onwards and focuses solely on goals and assists which rules out some pretty fantastic goalkeepers, defenders and midfielders.
Dele being the “Best young footballer ever” is a pretty bold (& I’d say inaccurate) statement.
Perhaps “Best young footballer ever” needs its own thread.

Then again …

I asked you to substantiate this:

"- Eriksen. Poch refused to sanction the sell and threatened to quit of he was sold. Knowing the player wanted to leave he needed to let this one go and focus on the replacements."

Try again maybe?

As for your fun-time Dele stats:

1. "Best EVER" ought to stretch back further than 2015, you clown.

2. Those figures are utter BS anyway. Mbappe is only 23 now.......If you knock off the last 2 seasons he still has 80 league goals and 35 assists.

3. Leroy Sane had already started scoring league goals before 2015.

4. LOL... WALOB.

Last edited:

- Ndombele and Lo Celso came it; and weren't suited to our formation or style. We then didn't adjust anything to accommodate them. Makes me wonder if these were Poch signings or forced on him.

Ndombele and Lo Celso were 100% Poch signings

With all the outcry about footballers receiving online abuse these days, what I’m reading here is just as bad. Who’s to say Ndombele doesn’t read this forum from time to time, or if people show him what’s being wrote here. The guy obviously has some form of mental health problems however minor they may be. His transfer hasn’t worked out, for many reasons no doubt but that doesn’t give people on here the right to call him a fat fuck every chance they get. Let the guy move on and wish him the best for his future. If you don’t have anything nice to say then keep your mouth shut.

Bored Over It GIF

There is absolutely no way anyone knows any of this.
No one knows what goes on behind the scenes. No one knows if the summer of 2018 was down to Levy, down to Poch, or both.
This is all behind the scenes and speculating is pointless.

My theory - 2018 was a bit of both. There was a limited budget (Levy) but a coach who didn't understand how to strengthen a squad.

You might lose games but you’d rarely lose the midfield with him around, City and Liverpool included.

We will have to trust Levy to negotiate. Hope he does not piss them off by lowballing.

No way Levy only bid 31 mill.

As I said the other day: the best and most exciting signing since Van der Vaart in 2010 for us

- this thread (2019)

That’s not “ever” though. It’s from 2015 onwards and focuses solely on goals and assists which rules out some pretty fantastic goalkeepers, defenders and midfielders.
Dele being the “Best young footballer ever” is a pretty bold (& I’d say inaccurate) statement.
Perhaps “Best young footballer ever” needs its own thread.

Then again …

The figures themselves are BS anyway.

I knew who the disagree was going to be from before I even clicked on it!

It is common knowledge he wanted both players and got them as thanks for getting us to the CL final. The only player he didn't want that summer was Jack Clarke, which has been equally reported.

Just take it as whenever he disagrees with something the opposite is 100% true.

Back
Top Bottom