Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wearing a hat indoors.
And it's on the wrong way around.
He either does not prepare food in that kitchen or his cleaner is the best in the west.
I'm going to have to resort to wearing a hat 24/7 if I can't get to a hairdresser some time soon!! And after four weeks being stuck indoors, my kitchen is super-duper clean (but probably a quarter of the size of his!)

I like the fact that he seems to have taken Mourinho's criticism on the chin and is now willing to work with 1 on 1 with Mourinho on his fitness.
That shows he doesn't have a chip on his shoulder. I think if he is willing to put the hard yards in we could have a proper player.

So Mourinho had to physically go and see him to train him rather than just do it online like ALL the other players.

Why?

Was he refusing to do it or does he have a Nokia 6210 and no internet?
I like the fact that he seems to have taken Mourinho's criticism on the chin and is now willing to work with 1 on 1 with Mourinho on his fitness.
That shows he doesn't have a chip on his shoulder. I think if he is willing to put the hard yards in we could have a proper player.
I'd rather hope that it was the second scenario

Quotes about Jose

“When he said we need more champions in the dressing room to become better, I just believed everything he said. Everything he said seemed to happen for us.

“In my career, he has been the best manager by a long way.

“If he had have said, we could have gone to the moon, I think he would have every player – and I am being serious – going or at least trying.”

The detail he and others brought to Chelsea was so forward-thinking at the time," Lampard told Lineker.

"Every training session had immense detail and was planned and structured so that you'd know what you were doing from the start. I don't think that was so evident for me before that, it was more you'd turn up for training and it would just happen.

"He would give you reasons for what was happening and it would be on the clock. That was something I certainly appreciated as a player and the modern player expects now. I liked that and responded well to that."

[QUOTEJose Mourinho has been a father figure to Essien since his arrival at Stamford Bridge 13 years ago. When signing for Real Madrid on loan, another chance to play together, the midfielder repeatedly referred to him as “daddy” during his first press conference. Mourinho has even ventured back to Essien’s home in Accra to meet his real family. There is no doubt of a special bond with the special one.][/QUOTE]

And, as Sidwell – who had only joined the Blues that summer – explains, there was not a dry eye in the room when he told his players of his exit.

“Jose came down to the dressing room to say his goodbyes and gave a speech about how proud he was and the relationships he built with the players,” the ex-midfielder said.

There is this belief that Mourinho is a loner, a cold hearted man that doesn't get on with people. This says otherwise. This says he forms very tight relationships with those that earn it and they last. It is possible he just doesn't suffer crop players and a lack of effort.
All the Mourinho haters might wish to look at how Pochettino came to the club and ostricised numerous high profile players. There's no real difference..
Redknapp was lauded for his man management yet publicly ridiculed a few players in his time.

Let's hope Mourinho and NDombele get it on.

Quotes about Jose

Jose Mourinho has been a father figure to Essien since his arrival at Stamford Bridge 13 years ago. When signing for Real Madrid on loan, another chance to play together, the midfielder repeatedly referred to him as “daddy” during his first press conference. Mourinho has even ventured back to Essien’s home in Accra to meet his real family. There is no doubt of a special bond with the special one.

There is this belief that Mourinho is a loner, a cold hearted man that doesn't get on with people. This says otherwise. This says he forms very tight relationships with those that earn it and they last. It is possible he just doesn't suffer crop players and a lack of effort.
All the Mourinho haters might wish to look at how Pochettino came to the club and ostricised numerous high profile players. There's no real difference..
Redknapp was lauded for his man management yet publicly ridiculed a few players in his time.

Let's hope Mourinho and NDombele get it on.

I don't think any of us have a problem with that, most of us accepted it when Pochettino did it, but what some of us are less tolerant of is him scapegoating a player so that his own tactics aren't criticised and talked about and when it's proven that that player was actually not even worse than other players in the same game at doing the things Mourinho singled him out for.

What Pochettino did, he did behind closed doors, he did not scapegoat anyone for his own failings.

The ineptitude of any player is no more intolerable than the ineptitude of one of the best paid coaches in the world (who's earning even more than Ndombele) who churns out the kind of outdated tactics we saw against fucking Burnley. Would it be OK if Levy came out post match and said, "honestly I'm so pissed off, I thought I'd hired one of the world's best tactical minds and I've a guy outwitted by Shaun Dyche, he's been here long enough to come up with something more innovative than a 5CB bus park" what would that do for the club, it's image and their working relationship?

Mourinho has done some great things, but that doesn't give him a free pass for eternity to do wanky things, on and off the pitch. And even when he was doing some great things, he did some wanky things too.

And what Mourinho did 10 years ago is not really terribly relevant now. Football evolves. Did the ManU dressing room all blub like babies when he got the bullet from there? I'm pretty sure the Chelsea team that downed tools on him last time round weren't blubbing to much either.

What Pochettino did, he did behind closed doors, he did not scapegoat anyone for his own failings.

The ineptitude of any player is no more intolerable than the ineptitude of one of the best paid coaches in the world (who's earning even more than Ndombele) who churns out the kind of outdated tactics we saw against fucking Burnley. Would it be OK if Levy came out post match and said, "honestly I'm so pissed off, I thought I'd hired one of the world's best tactical minds and I've a guy outwitted by Shaun Dyche, he's been here long enough to come up with something more innovative than a 5CB bus park" what would that do for the club, it's image and their working relationship?

Actions speak as loud as words. When players are fit enough to play but don't get anywhere near the team everyone watching knows the coach has lost faith in that player. Poch would routinely freeze players out.

Back to Mourinho and the Burnley part interests me. Given the dreadful state of our defending and lack of players available by the time that game came around, what would you have done differently?
Aurrier isn't a right back and we don't have anyone else, so why wouldn't we push him further up and have a back 3?
I'll stay neutral. I know Mourino will lose his shit by the end of year 2 and leave under the usual shit storm. But right now the mess is nothing to do with him. He came in halfway through a season to a squad that's more broken than most in the league and THEN they all started getting injured.

Actions speak as loud as words. When players are fit enough to play but don't get anywhere near the team everyone watching knows the coach has lost faith in that player. Poch would routinely freeze players out.

Back to Mourinho and the Burnley part interests me. Given the dreadful state of our defending and lack of players available by the time that game came around, what would you have done differently?
Aurrier isn't a right back and we don't have anyone else, so why wouldn't we push him further up and have a back 3?
I'll stay neutral. I know Mourino will lose his shit by the end of year 2 and leave under the usual shit storm. But right now the mess is nothing to do with him. He came in halfway through a season to a squad that's more broken than most in the league and THEN they all started getting injured.

Tanganga isn't a right back. Aurier is a right back.

The mess Mourinho inherited had nothing to do with him. The mess we have been watching for the last two months, might not be all of his making, but does have something to do with him. The line up and tactics he used at Burnley were very much something to do with him.

And your previous post wasn't neutral, it was very pro Mourinho, calling people who criticised Mourinho "haters". I don't hate Mourinho, I'm just not impressed with what he's done with us so far, and didn't like the bullshit he came out with post the Burnley match.

v3WnTdN.png

I had a shell suit that was virtually identical to this without the tiger back in the 80's.
It was horrendous.

What will come back into fashion next? Jeans with red and green patches on the back? Slip on's with acorn tassles? White jeans? Luminous odd socks?

All stuff I wore in my school years

I had a shell suit that was virtually identical to this without the tiger back in the 80's.
It was horrendous.

What will come back into fashion next? Jeans with red and green patches on the back? Slip on's with acorn tassles? White jeans? Luminous odd socks?

All stuff I wore in my school years

Was this a UK trend or just a Northern Irish thing back in the early 90's?

Back
Top Bottom