Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You cannot expect someone to build their rhythm, confidence and matchfitness in 15 mins. He needs minutes and for Jose to show faith in him.

My expectation of him is that he comes off the bench and influences the game. That’s his job, although I have to be honest and say I did not really think that was going to happen on Sunday. I sort of knew he would run on. Arse about a bit and I would end up fucked off again.

my real expectations of him are based on last season where I did not anticipate that he would run away from a tackle against Wolves, that in some games he would contribute less than nothing and that he would never ever dare to tell his manager that he does not feel like playing this week, just because - which sadly was the situation.

the only expectation I have for him now is that he continues to disappoint until he is shipped out on loan. I hope I am wrong. I really do. But I can’t fathom how Grealish was too expensive at £25 million and this guy is more than double that price and despite money being tight someone signed him. It’s just weird.

sorry if my frustration comes through, it’s not aimed at you in reply. I do understand what you mean. I am perhaps at the point where I have no time left for what I see as unreasonable excuses. I am of course not necessarily right.

My expectation of him is that he comes off the bench and influences the game. That’s his job, although I have to be honest and say I did not really think that was going to happen on Sunday. I sort of knew he would run on. Arse about a bit and I would end up fucked off again.

my real expectations of him are based on last season where I did not anticipate that he would run away from a tackle against Wolves, that in some games he would contribute less than nothing and that he would never ever dare to tell his manager that he does not feel like playing this week, just because - which sadly was the situation.

the only expectation I have for him now is that he continues to disappoint until he is shipped out on loan. I hope I am wrong. I really do. But I can’t fathom how Grealish was too expensive at £25 million and this guy is more than double that price and despite money being tight someone signed him. It’s just weird.

sorry if my frustration comes through, it’s not aimed at you in reply. I do understand what you mean. I am perhaps at the point where I have no time left for what I see as unreasonable excuses. I am of course not necessarily right.
It was not that Grealish was too expensive but that Levy thought he could get him cheaper and prolonged the deal until Villa got financial backing and would no longer sell at any price. This is one of the occasions that John Thomas would be right that Levy was at fault but not at the price but in not getting the deal done quickly.

Exactly.

Why on earth is Ndombele being compared to James Rodriguez?

I think the point was that James was considered to be a bit lighweight for the EPL but took to it well; both being looked towards to provide their teams with creative impetus.... For one reason or another both have the expectation of a so-called quality player.

I think the point was that James was considered to be a bit lighweight for the EPL but took to it well; both being looked towards to provide their teams with creative impetus.... For one reason or another both have the expectation of a so-called quality player.

It seemed more like a pointless comparison to bash Ndombele to me.

They don't play the same position. Ndombele came on and played deep midfield as a way of passing through the lines. Rodriguez pretty much played right wing and was their go to guy for everything creative.

So why the need for a comparison?

Ndombele scored on his Premier League debut by the way.

It seemed more like a pointless comparison to bash Ndombele to me.

They don't play the same position. Ndombele came on and played deep midfield as a way of passing through the lines. Rodriguez pretty much played right wing and was their go to guy for everything creative.

So why the need for a comparison?

I can't answer that....

Ndombele scored on his Premier League debut by the way.

I'm aware of that.

Just offering up a rationale.

I can't answer that....

I'm aware of that.

Just offering up a rationale.

I think Hojbjerg and Rodriguez would have been a better comparison if he was looking at comparing two players, who don't play the same position, same way or have the same job.

Both making their debuts and looking to make an impression. Rodriguez succeeded. Hojbjerg didn't.

It was not that Grealish was too expensive but that Levy thought he could get him cheaper and prolonged the deal until Villa got financial backing and would no longer sell at any price. This is one of the occasions that John Thomas would be right that Levy was at fault but not at the price but in not getting the deal done quickly.

Levy does that stalling and waiting tactics all the time. It hardly ever seems to benefit the managers, if it’s not the strikers for Ramos it’s the Mouthino deal for AVB or the Berhino saga, sometimes you end up with a Dempsey and Dembele window. Others you end up with Frasier Campbell and egg on your face. One time it appeared to work really well with VDV. Once.

We can reflect and ask if the Grealish deal become the final lesson learned ? And the answer appears to be a thunderous “Nope“. Again, started a season without the squad finished and with obvious problems. Still we can assume that he and super Steve will be fixing these problem if they can be bothered to of course and assuming Steve is not playing Skybet Roulette while chatting to the coffee serving staff at a social distance. I was in a meeting at work today. And I hate meetings at work, same way Steve hates the Transfer window.

as for N’dombele. I think he has a lot more excuses than he does appearances.

EiIowBOWoAwIRzQ

Time for Mourinho to stop being a dumb cunt and start Ndombele.

If he burns out at 60 minutes, fine. Bring on a sub. He is too good for 10 minute cameos at the end of games, anyone who disagrees with that is a cockwomble.

:mourglasses:

He has to be a regular starter because we don't seem to have much of a pattern play to create much so we need individual brilliance to do so, which is often what Mourinho teams rely on.

Time for Mourinho to stop being a dumb cunt and start Ndombele.

If he burns out at 60 minutes, fine. Bring on a sub. He is too good for 10 minute cameos at the end of games, anyone who disagrees with that is a cockwomble.

:mourglasses:

He should have started tonight. If Jose doesn't want to start him, it's not fitness related, it's because he doesn't trust him.

Back
Top Bottom