Teddy Sheringham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

T,mc !!...
Same age mate !..Knew him as a kid.. went to a few of there gigs which usually ended up in mass brawls akin to a wild west saloon.. fucking happy days..
New wave scene splintered of into lots of little scenes then. Skins.. mods.. new romantic.. lefty punks.. always loads going on ... sure it was tc that drove a van through the nags head in hackney road one night!( later to be the hackney cab)
Great to know good people are still about mate...cheers.

incidently. remember a nf march through Hoxton! ( pitfield st to be exact) leading up to Hoxton square where dd was the main speaker.. brilliant off outside the lion boys club and st johns church with the anti Nazi league...think I was 12 or 13! remember it like yesterday.. possibly my first taste of mass violence and the buzz from getting involved ... loads of old bill but then they just let you get on with it until it got out of hand..
Yes mate ,that's him.
He lives just past Harlow these days.
He came along to a couple of the stags head doos last year.Great listening to the stories of Hoxton about what it was like.Trouble was, he seemed to know every other person up Hoxton Street,so it was a slow walk
He told a good tale about when Bryan Robson won young player of the year( i think) and decided to celebrate with a couple of mates in on of the pubs in the market..They didn't stay long, apparently :)

Last edited:
Yes mate ,that's him.
He lives just past Harlow these days.
He came along to a couple of the stags head doos last year.Great listening to the stories of Hoxton about what it was like.Trouble was, he seemed to know every other person up Hoxton Street,so it was a slow walk
He told a good tale about when Bryan Robson won young player of the year( i think) and decided to celebrate with a couple of mates in on of the pubs in the market..They didn't stay long, apparently :)

thing was then everyone knew each other!.. a real sense of community then that the younger people on here would find very hard to understand.. tmc was very popular!lots of lads became skins around that time! at times we could get up to 150 handed mid late teen lads when a big fight was brewing with packington or Mayville.
black fella who was one of us became a skinhead which was actually hilarious!.. remember the rock against racism day march day ... was being attacked by both sides in Bethnal green road.. rascist skins because he was black.. and the anti Nazi lot who marching throwing things at him and abusing him thinking wtf!.. a black rascist skinhead !!.
even though we where very mixed in at that time .. say 50/50 yids and goons the black fella became a hate figure to many of us in the end and is well known for what he done the shitcunt fuckpig slag!.. was a yid.. then disappeared of the face of the earth... later turned up running with d's (rip) goon lot when they had our number for a couple of years!. (strange, but they did! ) they actually got fed up of him in the end and pushed him to the front of a row at west ham and his arse went so they fucked him off.

tmc still goes all cross eyed when someone mentions the Packington.Mind you,he has good reason.
Talking off D, he was from the Noel Park in Wood Green,and by all accounts was one of ours before joining the goons.He use to go over there on occasion with mates,some of ours got wind of it and gave him an ultimatum..He chose them.
Never knew the fella ,so not sure if its true.
Theres a good story about them being ran by ours from manor house all the way back to Packington area in the late 70s. Football Hooligans?! the Olympic marathon team should have signed them up...
Again, not sure how true but is, but heard it from several people.
Did you ever get in the Hope and Anchor with the Hoxton lot? Heard a few tales from that place with run ins with a mob that went on to bigger and better(?!) things.

dm730.jpg

:vdvcry:

Love Teddy Sheringham, disappointed when he left us for Utd. He talks pretty well for an ex-pro, shame it's not Hoddle who talks like this about his footballing past.

Derek Day...He was a nutter.
Anyone who wants a glimpse of what he was like check out the sex pistols film "the filth and the fury"
He's the loon that climbs out of his window to have a go at the reporter.
Not sure if its one of your mates, but I was at a mates wedding with a nephew of Lenny's.Cant remember his name,but he's a biker and looks a lot like his Uncle.

Not sure what age you are,but my mate who's 53(I think) is an Hoxton boy,and on his mums side comes from a fairly well known local family.He was the bassist in the 4skins.Even though its been ponced up, I still like Hoxton.
Like Clerkenwell, it has retained some of its character.
They had the end flat ground floor on colville estate the Days. Right on Hyde road roundabout. you're talking about my area. Live on Pitfield Street. Have done all my life.
The lion club is gone, loved that place, and the Pitfield.
Its changed, everyone has gone except a few.
Andersons the bakers has recently closed. Going to be a £10 a sandwich bistro.
That's the last of it now really, just the pie and mash shop left and the undertakers.
I know all the pubs, all gone bar 2 and they are no longer pubs. Lenny used to have the sweetshop at the bottom of my block when I was a kid, Thomas was about 8 yrs older than me, but I knew of him. Didn't he used to have it with Suggs and there was an incident.

They had the end flat ground floor on colville estate the Days. Right on Hyde road roundabout. you're talking about my area. Live on Pitfield Street. Have done all my life.
The lion club is gone, loved that place, and the Pitfield.
Its changed, everyone has gone except a few.
Andersons the bakers has recently closed. Going to be a £10 a sandwich bistro.
That's the last of it now really, just the pie and mash shop left and the undertakers.
I know all the pubs, all gone bar 2 and they are no longer pubs. Lenny used to have the sweetshop at the bottom of my block when I was a kid, Thomas was about 8 yrs older than me, but I knew of him. Didn't he used to have it with Suggs and there was an incident.
Tom and Suggs were in the same loose group of mates,but i think Suggs sort branched off and then pretty much disowned all his old mates when the band took off.Ironically it was his friendship with one of the few he kept in touch with that came back to bite him on the arse in 1986.
Yeah, its a shame what they are doing to the old areas of London.Nothing against improving an area,but the total reinvention and removal of the past is a disgrace.

Last edited:
Love Teddy Sheringham, disappointed when he left us for Utd. He talks pretty well for an ex-pro, shame it's not Hoddle who talks like this about his footballing past.

I was more disappointed when he went to coach at West Ham.

I understood the Man Utd move - he left, won almost everything there was to be won in a short space of time, then came back.

Last edited:
Former Spurs striker Teddy - childhood fan - Sheringham says the current star players at White Hart Lane, Harry Kane, 23, and Dele Alli, 20, do not need to leave the club to win trophies as he did.

"Tottenham wasn’t a stepping stone for me, I wanted to get to Tottenham and have what Harry Kane has got now.

This has to be the most exciting time at Spurs since Terry Venables. There’s no need for Harry to go anywhere else.

The way the club is going, it could be the biggest in London.

Why would he want to go to Manchester, Barcelona or Real Madrid, when everything is here for him?

Dele Alli, exactly the same - performing at the top of his game, a regular for England.

They don’t need to leave to win trophies. You don’t have to go anywhere else when Tottenham are progressing.
"

Well, whilst I was living under my rock, this happened....................

Christ! That's like one of those Spanish/Italian TV clips you'd see on a clip show hosted by Clive James or Johnathan Ross in the 90's where you're just left thinking 'what the fuck is that'... 'What drugs are they on over there'?

Well, whilst I was living under my rock, this happened....................

Christ! That's like one of those Spanish/Italian TV clips you'd see on a clip show hosted by Clive James or Johnathan Ross in the 90's where you're just left thinking 'what the fuck is that'... 'What drugs are they on over there'?

I used to like this programme, not for the singing or the panel comments, but the unmasking at the end. I tried to watch the USA version, but didn't know who most of them were, so not the same, and I didn't bother watch it.
I was very surprised to see Teddy take part, as he's not the best singer. I think our Reggie should take part, he's got a decent voice.

Last edited:
I'm not one of his biggest fans (never could feel the same about any player who 'dumps' us, no matter how justifiable his reasons may be - that's just me). However, he always struck me as being able to talk quite intelligently about the game and surprised that he hasn't got a regular punditry slot. Heck, some of the ones that BBC/ITV have recently appointed I've never even heard off!
Having said all that, thanks Teddy for putting the mockers on it!

I'm not one of his biggest fans (never could feel the same about any player who 'dumps' us, no matter how justifiable his reasons may be - that's just me). However, he always struck me as being able to talk quite intelligently about the game and surprised that he hasn't got a regular punditry slot. Heck, some of the ones that BBC/ITV have recently appointed I've never even heard off!
Having said all that, thanks Teddy for putting the mockers on it!
Now this is why women should stay away from football. They get so emotionally involved :mourweird: I'm probably on thin ice but i'll take my chances.

Back
Top Bottom