Ndombele21.7102
Son19.4138
Hojbjerg16.6132
Winks1542
Sissoko14.478
Doherty13.176
Kane12.196
Doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

This is why I would play Lamela and Ndombele today if they are fit.

Going back to city away last season, Lamela was our best player. He played in between the lines of the city defence and midfield, eventually scoring a goal from there. Persistently applying pressure on the ball. It's obvious but you can't allow City to pass the ball through midfield easily.

De Bruyne gets credit for creating chance, but cutting out the pass before into de Bruyne in my opinion is more important. This is where Lamela, Tanguy and Son come in. Only thing with Lamela is that he gives away stupid fouls.

Wish they'd went into more about us/the subs instead of how bad Rodri was but nice note about Stevie B's positioning, who hasn't been mentioned much in the match thread but I thought was a brave choice over Bale or Lucas.

Thought Kane's comments about how we had planned a mid-block but dropped too deep in the first half and realized we needed to push up a bit more in the second were interesting too, because I'd thought this was the first time we'd really executed Mourinho's game plan completely :p I did feel we were a little too deep in the first half for comfort, so good to see that wasn't necessarily the plan but something we could see and adjust.

Top Bottom