Thank you Poch

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Very sad day but I think he bumped up against his limitations at the very highest level. It might not be true but I think that some of our players believe that they would have won something by now with another manager (they of course share responsibility but I think they started questioning his tactics in the biggest matches).

All I can say is that for 3 glorious years we were as good as anyone in Europe, went to the top clubs with an expectation of a result rather than hoping for one and we got our Spurs back after years in the wilderness.

I'm not sure he can be readily replaced tbh.

2:0 vs Chavs and City when we completely outplayed tnem

We were big time then playing like a big club - one of the best in the league and everyone fucking feared us

So sad

Last edited:
- 5-3 vs Chelsea
- The CL run
- Unbeaten at the final season at WHL
- The late goals
- The shithousery

The pride, the hope, the belief, the joy, the passion, the tears..... The whole fucking ride!!!!

This guy >>>>> :pochhail::pochhail::pochhail::pochhail::pochhail::pochhail::pochhail:

Favourite game was the 3-1 victory over Real Madrid.

It was a truly great night topped off by our 'Ole's' around the 70th minute. People were almost laughing as they did it!

A night we truly landed on the European stage.

Obviously loved all the games mentioned so far.
There was a game against West Brom in January 2017, near perfect performance, just got totally engrossed in the play. Know they weren't the most illustrious opponents and it was just a league game, but think that was one of the few occasions that I actually watched and enjoyed a Spurs game without feeling we were going to cock it up.

Probably posted already but I can’t stop watching and rewatching this.
😍

For all of those who seem to have forgotten so swiftly after his departure just how high Poch set the bar for both the players' performances and our expectations of them, the title challenges, the cup semi finals and finals, the four years of Champions League appearances, the unbeaten run at The Lane, the worldwide awareness and perception of Tottenham as a top Club, making Spurs so popular that they can sell out a 60,000 seater stadium every week, I have attached this video in tribute to and to help continuation of perpetuating Poch's achievements.

I thank him for the time when it felt like we could beat any team we were playing against. When we dominated the opposition and the players were enjoying their football. This is what I want to remember him for.

Poch, even if a new manager comes in and wins a trophy I think I will still love you more than that guy. You made me feel things for my club that I dreamed of feeling when I was a kid while at that time such dreams were only available to my glory supporting mates. Your magic transformed us. You forced the rest of the league to take us seriously, and even when they resisted the need to do so you kept at it until even the most bias fan, player, manager, pundit could no longer sustain their wish to openly express their wish for us to fail. It doesn't matter that it went wrong in the end, I will always be grateful to you for all you have done. You are a legend at Spurs, of that there is no question.

Said it better than I have managed to.... :adesalute:

Fuck all the 'no trophy' caveats and 5 years of constant naysaying from many joyless pricks within out midst.... This shit ran deeper....

Vivo Pochettino.

Thats not a small thing to lack.

And he didn’t build this team - he inherited most of it.

He turned them into a team worth watching and a team fighting for honours.

He's the reason why we are in a position that Mourinho is here now because we went for Mourinho before and were seen as beneath him.

Get some fucking reality.

We are Tottenham Hotspur. If you want trophies and instant glory you picked the wrong club. Pochettino made the majority of us believe and dream.

Gave the guy stick but he provided some of the greatest moments of my spurs supporting life, that period post Amsterdam I dont think i stopped smiling to the point it was annoying the hell out of my wife.

Thank you Benny from Crossroads.

It was never a fucking penalty!

Agree with all the above.

One thing I'd like to put on record is my utter fucking disgust at some of the reworking of history that's going on, the worst example of which was the comment "His tears at Ajax were for himself".

:pochcmon:

Oh, and any cunt that called him a "fraud".

Back
Top Bottom