Thank you Poch

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have lost a bit of my love for the club tonight. He got us to the Champions League Final. He made us dream. 2016/17 was the most fun season I had watching Spurs. Was it worth taking a step back for a shiny new stadium for this? Fuck no.

Thank you Poch.

Poch, even if a new manager comes in and wins a trophy I think I will still love you more than that guy. You made me feel things for my club that I dreamed of feeling when I was a kid while at that time such dreams were only available to my glory supporting mates. Your magic transformed us. You forced the rest of the league to take us seriously, and even when they resisted the need to do so you kept at it until even the most bias fan, player, manager, pundit could no longer sustain their wish to openly express their wish for us to fail. It doesn't matter that it went wrong in the end, I will always be grateful to you for all you have done. You are a legend at Spurs, of that there is no question.

What a manager, and what a man.

When I fell in love with this club, the concept of having one of the best squads in the league and being consistently competitive in multiple competitions was completely foreign.

Pochettino took the beautiful, attacking side of Spurs, developed individual players, and made them work.

I hope, and am after reflection almost completely confident that Mourinho is the man to win the league and domestic & European trophies. However, he would not have been able to come into this club and do that without what Poch has done, and the foundations he has built.

Thanks Mauricio. You're magic.

First manager that I have felt a real connection with on a personal / philosophical level. He brought a whole new energy and perspective to the club and pushed us even more than I initially thought we could.

Really going to miss this bloke and hope he goes down as one of the clubs best ever, as I think he deserves.

2:0 vs Chavs and City when we completely outplayed tnem

We were bit time then playing like a big club - one of the best in the league and everyone fucking feared us

So sad

I was bought up in the 90's and let's face it we were a laughing stock. Never thought I'd see the day when the big teams start to fear us, and we become a team that everyone wants to avoid. Poch took us to that level.

I'm just sad that he wasn't given the time to learn how to pronounce 'Wolves'.

'Boolf' isn't even close.

- 5-3 vs Chelsea
- The CL run
- Unbeaten at the final season at WHL
- The late goals
- The shithousery
The 3-1 win over Real Madrid, the only football match I've watched 3 times. From the BBC website:

Mauricio Pochettino's name was sung loud and long at Wembley as his exciting Spurs side played in the manner that has become the Argentine's trademark.

Real Madrid were on the receiving end of a performance in pressing intensity, pace and power as Tottenham's manager conducted affairs, standing yards from counterpart Zinedine Zidane on the touchline.

Pochettino has yet to bring silverware to Spurs since his appointment in May 2014 but there can be no denying the progress they have made, nor the regard in which he is held by his squad.

He received plaudits when Spurs earned an excellent draw at the Bernabeu on 17 October. The manner of their win here had his imprint all across it.

Spurs may be waiting to cross that bridge to winning a trophy but this is a team and manager on an upward trajectory, as Real Madrid have discovered.

The scenes of elation that swept around Wembley at the final whistle proved how far Tottenham have come in a year - and how they can sit comfortably alongside the Champions League elite.

Last edited:
I love you Mauricio, man! The best manager I have seen at the club and a hell of a man, what an example for our young players and although there was a sense of inevitability about all this I feel so empty about this loss. The man achieved near miracles on a shoestring budget, the squad is in tatters, good luck to his successor. One of the best recent moments for me would be 3-0 thumping of Borussia Dortmund at home in the Champions League with big Jan MOTM.

You will be missed, Poch :(

Not only Poch, but big thanks to Jesus, Toni and Miguel. They did some great work for us, and personally, I would have loved Jesus Perez to stay.

I have lost a bit of my love for the club tonight. He got us to the Champions League Final. He made us dream. 2016/17 was the most fun season I had watching Spurs. Was it worth taking a step back for a shiny new stadium for this? Fuck no.

Thank you Poch.

And for football. Seb Staffors says it well: Spurs is now a colder, more cynical place

Back
Top Bottom