Thank you Poch

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You feel nothing all year, unless there is a trophy at the end of it?

Don't be so fucking shallow.

If you wanna spew critique and detraction fuck off to another thread please.

No, but there's a difference between losing, say, 2-0 to a genius Barca side and getting edged out by league rivals in a very low-quality match that neutrals hated watching. I take no pride whatsoever in it.

Poch is a great guy, I'll always like him and his achievements at our club are considerable. I'm not yet convinced sacking him is the right call. But I don't have blind faith either and I can see when he got things wrong. That doesn't invalidate my genuine gratitude to him. It's seeing both sides of the coin.

No, but there's a difference between losing, say, 2-0 to a genius Barca side and getting edged out by league rivals in a very low-quality match that neutrals hated watching. I take no pride whatsoever in it.

Poch is a great guy, I'll always like him and his achievements at our club are considerable. I'm not yet convinced sacking him is the right call. But I don't have blind faith either and I can see when he got things wrong. That doesn't invalidate my genuine gratitude to him. It's called balance.

Well aren't you a wise and righteous, cunt.

I couldn't give a fuck for your so-called "balance"....

If the journey to the final means nothing to you cos we didn't win it fine, but I say again fuck off and peddle this shite in another thread..... Please.

- 5-3 vs Chelsea
- The CL run
- Unbeaten at the final season at WHL
- The late goals
- The shithousery

The pride, the hope, the belief, the joy, the passion, the tears..... The whole fucking ride!!!!

This guy >>>>> :pochhail::pochhail::pochhail::pochhail::pochhail::pochhail::pochhail:

- 5-3 vs Chelsea
- The CL run
- Unbeaten at the final season at WHL
- The late goals
- The shithousery
The 3-1 win over Real Madrid, the only football match I've watched 3 times. From the BBC website:

Mauricio Pochettino's name was sung loud and long at Wembley as his exciting Spurs side played in the manner that has become the Argentine's trademark.

Real Madrid were on the receiving end of a performance in pressing intensity, pace and power as Tottenham's manager conducted affairs, standing yards from counterpart Zinedine Zidane on the touchline.

Pochettino has yet to bring silverware to Spurs since his appointment in May 2014 but there can be no denying the progress they have made, nor the regard in which he is held by his squad.

He received plaudits when Spurs earned an excellent draw at the Bernabeu on 17 October. The manner of their win here had his imprint all across it.

Spurs may be waiting to cross that bridge to winning a trophy but this is a team and manager on an upward trajectory, as Real Madrid have discovered.

The scenes of elation that swept around Wembley at the final whistle proved how far Tottenham have come in a year - and how they can sit comfortably alongside the Champions League elite.

Last edited:
The 3-1 win over Real Madrid, the only football match I've watched 3 times.

Beating Dortmund home and away in back-to back seasons was pretty damn nice.

...As was watching Dembele destroy Juventus away.

Ending City & Chelsea's 'unstoppable' winning streaks.

Poch, even if a new manager comes in and wins a trophy I think I will still love you more than that guy. You made me feel things for my club that I dreamed of feeling when I was a kid while at that time such dreams were only available to my glory supporting mates. Your magic transformed us. You forced the rest of the league to take us seriously, and even when they resisted the need to do so you kept at it until even the most bias fan, player, manager, pundit could no longer sustain their wish to openly express their wish for us to fail. It doesn't matter that it went wrong in the end, I will always be grateful to you for all you have done. You are a legend at Spurs, of that there is no question.

Poch, even if a new manager comes in and wins a trophy I think I will still love you more than that guy. You made me feel things for my club that I dreamed of feeling when I was a kid while at that time such dreams were only available to my glory supporting mates. Your magic transformed us. You forced the rest of the league to take us seriously, and even when they resisted the need to do so you kept at it until even the most bias fan, player, manager, pundit could no longer sustain their wish to openly express their wish for us to fail. It doesn't matter that it went wrong in the end, I will always be grateful to you for all you have done. You are a legend at Spurs, of that there is no question.

Said it better than I have managed to.... :adesalute:

Fuck all the 'no trophy' caveats and 5 years of constant naysaying from many joyless pricks within out midst.... This shit ran deeper....

Vivo Pochettino.

He did so much for us, whilst working with relatively little. Changed the club forever and became an iconic figure in football in such a short time. And of course an all-round great guy. I wish him all the best in his life and career.

I love you Mauricio, man! The best manager I have seen at the club and a hell of a man, what an example for our young players and although there was a sense of inevitability about all this I feel so empty about this loss. The man achieved near miracles on a shoestring budget, the squad is in tatters, good luck to his successor. One of the best recent moments for me would be 3-0 thumping of Borussia Dortmund at home in the Champions League with big Jan MOTM.

You will be missed, Poch :(

Where are you now, so lost, i'm faded. I think this song sums up my current head space, I can't actually envision a bright new future-everything feels a little lost and hopeless.

Dele just made me cry.....bastard. Proper choked for the fella. He made us feel important again..
I fell asleep crying last night,woke up this morning and now I'm crying again Mourinho! noooooo , the most hated men in football, why? We will be just another episode in his career, won't last

Well aren't you a wise and righteous, cunt.

I couldn't give a fuck for your so-called "balance"....

If the journey to the final means nothing to you cos we didn't win it fine, but I say again fuck off and peddle this shite in another thread..... Please.

Not everything is binary. It hardly means nothing to me but I don't feel proud either, not sure what the problem is there. Made my thoughts clear on t'other thread, so will leave it there.

More positively, the exciting games we won like Real Madrid and Dortmund in the CL years before will live long in the memory. As will the crazy last minute win against Ajax.

Thanks Poch. COYS

I just can't process that this is all actually happening. Being a bit sleep deprived isn't helping with how surreal it feels. It's so fucking sad. I had actually let myself believe that this club could be different, special. That we could build something real, with a consistent identity, connection and substance. That we wouldn't just be another ruthless, soulless, reactionary business with constant churn, a revolving door for mercenaries who don't give a fuck, who we pretend to 'love' so long as they are producing results.

But we are no different. There is no romance left in football. Just the harsh reality of numbers and the bottom line. I wasn't born into supporting Spurs, I chose this club in the hope that we could grow together into something special and lasting, doing things the proper way, something I could feel good about supporting. I had one false dawn with AVB, and then I told myself that the Poch era was the real one, that he would make this club in his image and be its heart and soul for a long long time. Suffice to say I feel very disillusioned with football today. I don't know where the club and I go from here.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the awesome memories, Poch! There will be some that without a doubt will live with me until the day my time on this planet will be up. So many awesome games that we won under him...

I have been in "Poch out" camp from the end of August already, that does not mean I would not appreciate the things he have done for us. Just the circumstances were such, that there was no other way out.
I would have nothing against him returning one day, more experienced and club being in better position.

Gracias, Poch and all the best for the future!

Back
Top Bottom