Thank you Poch

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm so torn with this. I always hoped Poch would stay and turn things around, but Poch didn't have the balls to make the big changes when needed.
If we want to win things I think we had to get rid of Poch, but is Jose the man to do it?

Something screams, free and easily available rather than building for the future.

I will never, to my dying day, forget his celebration at Fulham when Winks got the winner.
I know it's not going to happen but I would really love to see some sort of permanent tribute to him at the ground, it didn't end well but look what he did for this club. I'd throw in a few quid, wouldn't touch Levys money. Like I said it's not going to happen. He'll be in our hearts for ever. Thank you lovely man

I love every tribute I am reading here, and it's difficult to add anything

We are two nil down away at Ajax and things look very bad for us. You put Llorente in and changed the game completely. I thank you, Poch, for how you made me feel that it was possible, for that moment I had in the last minute of extra time, when I was still feeling that "we got this".
I thank you for the emotions , the beauty and the joy that you gave me as a Spurs fan in all these years, and I wish you the very best.

On to the next chapter now

Not only Poch, but big thanks to Jesus, Toni and Miguel. They did some great work for us, and personally, I would have loved Jesus Perez to stay.

It will be interesting to read peoples’ opinions in a couple of years when it finally dawns on them that this guy won absolutely nothing with one of the clubs most talented sides.
My opinion won't change, he simply lacked the killer touch that makes him and his team winners.

He built the best team we had, he just couldn't take them the whole way.

Thanks for the very fond memories. For a couple of seasons being a Spurs fan was the most fun it's been in my lifetime.

However for the past eighteen or so months it has felt a bit like he's not been that bothered about the job. At least now we get to have a manager who won't say infuriating things during press conferences. Oh...

Thats not a small thing to lack.

And he didn’t build this team - he inherited most of it.

He turned them into a team worth watching and a team fighting for honours.

He's the reason why we are in a position that Mourinho is here now because we went for Mourinho before and were seen as beneath him.

Get some fucking reality.

We are Tottenham Hotspur. If you want trophies and instant glory you picked the wrong club. Pochettino made the majority of us believe and dream.

He turned them into a team worth watching and a team fighting for honours.

He's the reason why we are in a position that Mourinho is here now because we went for Mourinho before and were seen as beneath him.

Get some fucking reality.

We are Tottenham Hotspur. If you want trophies and instant glory you picked the wrong club. Pochettino made the majority of us believe and dream.

So did Jol, so did Redknapp, we have been good enough to silverware or the last 15 years and yet have 1 trophy to our name.

The reason we are on this position is because of Mauricio? We are 14th and have one of the worst records in the league on 2019 - it’s quite something that this is being completely ignored by some.

As for Jose, he is here because he needs to rehabilitate himself and because we are his level now. But let’s not pretend that we aren’t a massive draw - Ancelotti said back in 2012 that the Tottenham job interested when it looked like Redknapp was on his way. We signed Ramos, the hottest managerial property in Europe back in 2008. All of this before the Mauricio reign.

As for him making you dream - that’s precisely the issue the likes of yourself, you have lived in a endless fantasy over the last couple of years. Everything you convinced yourself turned out to be false and everything I predicted turned out to be true.

Instant glory - it’s been 12 years since we last won a trophy, nearly 30 years since our last FA Cup win. I wish I could be so meek and passive about winning silverware like you this but I want the club to live up to the standards it set itself in the past.

Bottle of Malbec and a signed copy of his book. Top top man. (And met Jesus and Toni as well. Great guys).

And what would have been my best memory -
Missed the chance to spend a day at the training ground with him and the training team due to me being on holiday. Will always be gutted about that.

But things change very quickly in football. That’s their lifestyle.

Good luck to him and all of them. Been a great half a decade.

Back
Top Bottom