Thank you Poch

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thanks a lot for everything, gaffer. Sad to see you go like that but I guess that’s life. Today was like a marriage where you love your partner but you know deep inside that you have to end it.

Good luck for the future!

In all the years I've supported spurs (bearing in mind it was mostly through the 90s and 00s) he was the only manager which developed a team where I was believing that we could win a match no matter the opposition.

It was an amazing time to be a spurs supporter and slightly surreal that the onus was on us to win the game.

First: thanks Poch, loads of great memories, and you will always be welcome back. We might have been too hasty here, who knows, and I'm sad to see him go on a personal level because I really liked him.

But can I pore some cold water over the flaming pile of saccharine bullshit in the photo? We lost the worst champions league final in memory to a team that didn't turn up after riding our luck to the final. That isn't to dare is to do. That's an opportunity missed, and truly great teams and managers take their chances.

Honestly if I was to think about the best memories from my lifetime as a Spurs fan, out of the top 20 I think about 80% of them would have been during Poch's reign. The best period to be a Spurs fan, people can talk about trophies, formations and diamonds, but this produced so many of my favourite moments in my life. Jumping around in my living room embracing my dad after beating Ajax is a moment I will always cherish.

Farewell Poch, it was magic.

Levy Finally had a manager to provide the consistency to get the stadium build, our record that season unbelievable, as I said on other thread so many of my favourite memories are under his watch

Back
Top Bottom