The “They’re really going to have a World Cup in QATAR?” Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This World Cup does not feel right especially as it’s in a corrupt, sexist, anti-gay country and it’s mid-season. But for whatever reason we are here now so let’s get in with it and get past it and consign it to that terribly corrupt fifa era when Blatter was in control. Hopefully those corrupt cunts who have taken the beautiful game to the brink of destruction will rot in hell

Still a country where they routinely kick people out of their homes, murder them and some vermin move in.
Vermin?

Hats off!

Calling people vermin - we used to do that in Germany for a while.
Were assholes, after only 12 instead of 1000 years by Americans, Soviets, French and - of course! - got shown by the English where to go - Nuremberg!

As I was born in 1960, I am very happy about this, which is why I also share the opinion of our former Federal President, Mr. Richard von Weizsäcker, that May 8th, 1945 was a day of liberation!

Because of bugs and such..!

FIFA have seriously fucked the World Cup. There used to be just one World Cup, but now even Scrabble has a World Cup. So what do the morons at FIFA do? They turn what was the most prestigious single sport tournament in THE WORLD, into the most embarrassingly corrupt one in THE WORLD. And just in case anyone still has the enthusiasm for another football World Cup, they are going to bore the tits off them by adding another 16 teams. Yes that’s 48 fucking teams and 60 fucking matches. And all in the land of NFL, ice hockey, and yes… fucking Budweiser.

I’ve run out of popcorn ffs. Need to pop to the garage.

...Seriously though; I'm starting to think this lot are a bit dumb.

Pay (bribe) someone for good media & press; if you then renege wouldn't you expect to get shit-talked by those same people?

Same as the bevy-blag.....

I'm surprised there were any left alive to invite!

This is all so fucking obvious.... (and dare I say, hilarious!) They got what they paid for....

I thought Russia was the most corrupt, bought World Cup .. seems this one is gonna blow it out of the water!

The Qataris paid their money, they get to choose... they're not even bothering to hide what an odious, corrupt, double standard nation they are...

Ban beer, stone gays to death, let migrant workers die.... what bit of it IS Haram?
the gay bit, or the locking them up in prison bit?

As long as Allah is happy, eh?
thumbing all his Qatari banknotes on the twerking asses of 72 virgins! (or whatever is waiting for them in Paradise, to reward them for treating women as 2nd class citizens, and homosexuals as criminals!)

I'd hate to be a kid right now, if THIS is the first word cup they remember!

I had '78 & '82... (although, having watched the FIFA documentary, Argentina '78 was as corrupt as it gets... hindsight, eh?)
All true and Argentina was pretty fucking corrupt not far off this lot. My sis in law lives above a flat whose family disappeared because a colonel wanted the place as bolthole in Buenos Aires when the tournament was on. This is just a minor story of a mountain of no good

Vermin?

Hats off!

Calling people vermin - we used to do that in Germany for a while.
Were assholes, after only 12 instead of 1000 years by Americans, Soviets, French and - of course! - got shown by the English where to go - Nuremberg!

As I was born in 1960, I am very happy about this, which is why I also share the opinion of our former Federal President, Mr. Richard von Weizsäcker, that May 8th, 1945 was a day of liberation!

Because of bugs and such..!
the ones who kill others and then steal their houses are not vermin? of course they are.

Ok, made me chuckle

71b3vz.jpg

World Cup 2022: Gary Lineker in Qatar to 'report, not support' controversial tournament​

Last updated 40 minutes ago
Gary Lineker says he is in Qatar to "report, not support" the World Cup and will discuss the issues surrounding the "tainted" tournament on air.

The host nation has been criticised for its stance on same-sex relationships, its human rights record and treatment of migrant workers.

Lineker said there was a "queasy feeling" surrounding the tournament.

"This is our job to come and report it and show people what it's about at home and hopefully in a fair way," he said.

Speaking to BBC sports editor Dan Roan, Match of the Day presenter Lineker said: "There are significant issues around this World Cup, obviously with human rights issues, what has happened with the building of the stadiums and workers' rights and homophobia and various things they have here.

"I am accustomed to it as I've spent most of my life in the build-up to World Cups talking about issues other than football, but when the football starts you tend to stop talking about it. But that is how sportswashing works so you have to be careful."

Qatar has been accused of sportswashing - the act of using sport to improve reputation and project a positive image of a country - but World Cup organisers have promised openness and inclusivity.

Referring to Russia's invasion of Crimea before the last World Cup in 2018, former England captain Lineker added: "I felt we were sportswashed in Russia. I don't think the world stood up about what had happened in Crimea and I include ourselves in that.

"It didn't seem like the world objected as much as they have done about Russia invading Ukraine. You learn lessons. This is where the World Cup is. It's here and we are here to report the World Cup and not support it. We will raise the issues and talk about them.

"Whether that makes any change here, I suspect it won't, but I think it's important to talk about the various issues going on, as well as the football."

Back
Top Bottom