The “They’re really going to have a World Cup in QATAR?” Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What is your point? That people shouldn't care at all about the issues in Qatar?

or that if someone feels strongly about something immoral,they should be aware of ( and feel strongly about) every single immoral issue on planet earth?

My point is, if you're boycotting the world cup then you better boycott everything else associated with the middle east :) (including the premier league for letting the saudis buy a team)

Btw, I don't remember this much outrage in 2018, a couple of years after russia annexed crimea?

My point is, if you're boycotting the world cup then you better boycott everything else associated with the middle east :) (including the premier league for letting the saudis buy a team)

Btw, I don't remember this much outrage in 2018, a couple of years after russia annexed crimea?
Awareness of something gives people the ability to make a decision. When the Crimea situation was happening, I bet about 5% of Brits could tell you where Crimea is, whats there, and thus it's not covered as much as it should be because the news doesn't sell.

The fact Qatar has the largest sporting event on earth there, means it sells headlines, so it garners interest and then peoples opinions are swayed. It's actually pretty simple. I'm sure plenty of people have heard Saudi Arabia isn't great, but they probably couldn't tell you why.

I'm in California unfortunately for at least the next week visiting family. Watching the build up and listening to the amateurish ill informed punditry over here is painful. Tables surrounded people who clearly know less than our average forum member spouting complete sh!t about nothing. The only decent one is an English woman presumably from our national team.. They also have the effrontery to make statements about how much better the USA team is compared to Wales amongst others. I hope Wales smash them tomorrow.
The only thing that's worse than having the WC in Qatar is having to watch it here. I may have to turn off the sound..!! Even our absolute worst English commentator is so much better than these guys who just simply love themselves and the sounds of their own voices....

Just watched the Netflix doc on the Qatar world cup.. Oh my dear god, how in the world is this still goin g ahead? anyone with an ounce of decency would have pulled out..
It's beyond disgusting how the decision was reached not to mention what's gone on since it all started to take shape..

The worst decision in sporting history.
The Netflix doc was a real eye opener , wasn’t it ?

I'm in California unfortunately for at least the next week visiting family. Watching the build up and listening to the amateurish ill informed punditry over here is painful. Tables surrounded people who clearly know less than our average forum member spouting complete sh!t about nothing. The only decent one is an English woman presumably from our national team.. They also have the effrontery to make statements about how much better the USA team is compared to Wales amongst others. I hope Wales smash them tomorrow.
The only thing that's worse than having the WC in Qatar is having to watch it here. I may have to turn off the sound..!! Even our absolute worst English commentator is so much better than these guys who just simply love themselves and the sounds of their own voices....
I preferred them 15/20 years ago when they referred to the goal as a cage, a pen was a PEEKAY etc. At least then it was mildly comical.

Nah, the point is that your take here is extremely tired, puerile and not nearly as smart as you've convinced yourself it is.

There's no wrong time to start giving a shit.

Oh my god...don't these guys ever shut up....?? I "watched" an NFL game on Thursday night and that was non stop talking but at least they know what they're talking about...this is just embarrassing and painful....volume off....it's enough...how do American sports fans put up with these motor mouths?

Oh my god...don't these guys ever shut up....?? I "watched" an NFL game on Thursday night and that was non stop talking but at least they know what they're talking about...this is just embarrassing and painful....volume off....it's enough...how do American sports fans put up with these motor mouths?
Oh Spaniel, they survived Trump, that's a trifle!
Happy Birthday Cake GIF by Storyful

Back
Top Bottom