The boo-boys of White Hart Lane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The last 3-4 months of Jol's reign was fucking beautiful.

We couldn't beat anyone, but we played with spirit and the atmosphere was incredible.

Stand up for Martin Jol, tears in his eyes.....Kaboul in the 4-4 jumping into his arms and the whole squad in a mass bundle in the dugout.......

:dempsey:

Miss it for real...just the sheer vibe around the club.

Stand up for Martin Jol, tears in his eyes.....Kaboul in the 4-4 jumping into his arms and the whole squad in a mass bundle in the dugout.......

:dempsey:

Miss it for real...just the sheer vibe around the club.
We are Tottenham, defiantly sang for 10-15 minutes at a time. Usually while trailing. Unbelievable.

Yep. We try & kid ourselves that we are 'better' supporters than Woolwich or the lottery winners but while that may well have been true even a few seasons ago, it is fairly obvious it is now a myth.
I disagree when it comes to Woolwich. Sure, both clubs have some good fans and some shocking fans, but they have a lot more complete wankers than we do. Some of their lot even admit as much. They have more corporates, more tourists, more armchair fans who never go to games, and more fans who started supporting them because they were "trendy" and would not go watch them if it all went to shit. We have a bigger hardcore support than Woolwich.

Chelsea, despite all their gloryhunters, still have a decent core support. I hate them more than Woolwich but this is my honest opinion.

The last 3-4 months of Jol's reign was fucking beautiful.

We couldn't beat anyone, but we played with spirit and the atmosphere was incredible.

Loved love loved Jol. Him and Arnesen were a good team. Thank fuck Santini was a flake. Another Lev special appointment. Arnesen had a good influence on our league transition from dark days to Europe regulars. It was him that pushed to get Jol into the big seat after the Santini debacle.

The one season in the Champions League ruined a large section of our fan base, I wouldn't say much more than 20% but still large. I remember when finishing above Villa was a great season to be celebrated. Now if we are not competing with Man U in the transfer market and winning the European Cup while playing attacking football, people melt and want everyone sacked. Don't know what would get rid of the MLBs now though, except relegation, which no one wants.

There's a worrying trend happening here... one that is systematic of today's generation... let alone just the football fan... Spoilt. Arrogant and spiteful when things don't go their way.

I know this makes me sound like an old cunt who harks back to the days of plain kits and relegation... but fuck it. The self-centred, gimme it now Generation X-Box is where our Cuntry is going... if it ain't pre-wrapped in a ready made winning team, they don't wanna know...

Well try supporting a Spurs team with Bobby Mimms, Mitchell Thomas, Terry Fenwick, Ramon Vega, Paolo Tramezzani, David Kerslake, Jason Dozzell, Ruel Fox, Chris Armstrong, Andy Booth and Gregorz Raziak in it.... try attempting to find the positives each week, and working out when or where the next win is coming from with THAT lot wearing the FAMOUS COCKEREL!

Some people don't know they're fucking BORN!

I'm sick of all the whingeing. I remember going to a game against Benfica, I think, where a dude sitting in front of me was slagging off players from the first minute. If I wanted to spend 90 minutes hearing people cunt off spurs players I would go to the Emirates.

I don't care if we're shit, I really don't. All I read on this forum is "this or that isn't acceptable" but we have no choice to accept or not. Let's just go and support the team and have a laugh.

I'm sick of all the whingeing. I remember going to a game against Benfica, I think, where a dude sitting in front of me was slagging off players from the first minute. If I wanted to spend 90 minutes hearing people cunt off spurs players I would go to the Emirates.

I don't care if we're shit, I really don't. All I read on this forum is "this or that isn't acceptable" but we have no choice to accept or not. Let's just go and support the team and have a laugh.

Theres a difference to say Lamela is shit on a forum, or to my mates...doesnt mean Id shout it at his face during a game.

This "forum negativity" mantra needs to be wound in. Its not affecting the players or their performances, its a place to discuss spurs, the good the bad and the ugly, not just be happy.

Its been the same the whole time, just different people doing it. Some people criticising now were happier under other managers, some who were doing the same shit then are happier now.

Thats life.

Theres a difference to say Lamela is shit on a forum, or to my mates...doesnt mean Id shout it at his face during a game.

This "forum negativity" mantra needs to be wound in. Its not affecting the players or their performances, its a place to discuss spurs, the good the bad and the ugly, not just be happy.

Its been the same the whole time, just different people doing it. Some people criticising now were happier under other managers, some who were doing the same shit then are happier now.

Thats life.
I'm saying that because people are so negative on forums, on Twitter and on Facebook that then changes the way people talk about Tottenham in the pubs and that makes its way to the ground. I've been going to Tottenham for years and it's got so much worse recently even though on the pitch it was a lot worse in the 90's.

I'm not saying to stop being negative, especially as some love it so much, I'm just saying that we need to conciously leave it on the internet and not take it into real life.

I'm saying that because people are so negative on forums, on Twitter and on Facebook that then changes the way people talk about Tottenham in the pubs and that makes its way to the ground.
I've been going to Tottenham for years and it's got so much worse recently even though on the pitch it was a lot worse in the 90's.

I'm not saying to stop being negative, especially as some love it so much, I'm just saying that we need to conciously leave it on the internet and not take it into real life.

When there was no Twitter or Facebook... funny that!

As a slighty (ahem!) more mature supporter, it dismays me how people act at Spurs. Don't get me wrong, I have experienced horrible results watching Spurs and on the odd occasion, when it was really bad, I have resorted to leaving early, and my language can get a bit colourful, but I have never booed the team or a player, I find it quite tasteless and counterproductive. Of course I want us to win every game and play stylish football, but I live in the real world and know that is not going to happen every week. I also blame the endless coverage in both the press and media - if there isn't a story to report, then they construct one from a non-event.

As a slighty (ahem!) more mature supporter, it dismays me how people act at Spurs. Don't get me wrong, I have experienced horrible results watching Spurs and on the odd occasion, when it was really bad, I have resorted to leaving early, and my language can get a bit colourful, but I have never booed the team or a player, I find it quite tasteless and counterproductive. Of course I want us to win every game and play stylish football, but I live in the real world and know that is not going to happen every week. I also blame the endless coverage in both the press and media - if there isn't a story to report, then they construct one from a non-event.
Yep. The only player I've ever booed at the lane was he who shall not be named. And he was wearing a red and white shirt!

This is an excellent article that I completely agree with. There are many people both in London and around the world who can never afford to go to a match. If you can get to a game, get behind every member of the team and love the shirt. If you want to boo stay at home and piss of your neighbours especially any goons :bentalebscream:

Back
Top Bottom