The boo-boys of White Hart Lane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think if the players clearly aren't trying, then it's acceptable to boo. Doesn't happen that often, but for me it's something that can't be excused.
In all the years I've gone the the Lane I've never seen a side not try. No matter how much people think that's the case.

Booing is unacceptable.

Support or fuck off I say. The shelf is a shadow of what it once was these days. Bitchy boozed up arseholes who enjoy slagging off more than singing the praises.

Just because the team is boring, doesn't mean we should be.

For fuck sake this forum is mirror of the lane ,Stats opta stats football manager for fuck sake some of the middle class twaddle regurgitated on this forum ............and woah were suprised at the old eatonian support we are now attracting ,travelling back from the baseball ground midweek soaking wet shit game on a shit pitch and nursing a broken nose did we boo fuck of we sang and danced had a fucking row 10 in the back of the transit getting fucking hammered,booing your not spurs your cunts .

We've always had fair weather fans. Just like every other club known to man. The facts about our piss poor support are obvious but let's not have some pious nobs acting as it they are the "real generation" of spurs fans. No doubt you are the cunts some if us were moaning about twenty ears ago. Honestly, the sanctimony in some if the posts in here, from people who don't shell out their money and dedicate their time going to games (whether they live in uk or not)

We've always had fair weather fans. Just like every other club known to man. The facts about our piss poor support are obvious but let's not have some pious nobs acting as it they are the "real generation" of spurs fans. No doubt you are the cunts some if us were moaning about twenty ears ago. Honestly, the sanctimony in some if the posts in here, from people who don't shell out their money and dedicate their time going to games (whether they live in uk or not)
Steady sonny were not saying that ,we are saying the percentage of instant glory boys are growing .

Respect bro a real football fan .Puts your post in context .COYS.

For more context mate, you're certainly not the kind of person that comes across pious! Just as much as I can't stand the pissers and moaners, and happy clappers, I can't stand the old guard who hate newcomers just because they're newer. Fuck, does that leave anybody left I don't hate. Well, hopefully haha

Love non-league football, went to my local team tonight.

Marlon Harewood was playing against them for Nuneaton Town.

That cunt? Lol. Yeah I love getting to non league football. For years I fancied it, now I just can't afford as many spurs games as I used to, I got more into it. Sitting there drinking pints/tins, having a smoke if feel like it, good banter with away fans (no aggro), it's a laugh. Plus, I'm shit at football but still basically as capable as half the players, lmao

Christ we have this debate EVERY season.

Some think we should blindly support the team
The more jaded amongst us think if you spend a shit load every year you have the right to rollock the team for being a shower of spineless cunts.

The fact is BOTH sides are wrong.

We are shit because our net spend is shit and we have a bang average team. One person to blame. LEVY.

LEVY IS A CUNT. Which coincidently is another debate we have every season.

Fuck me supporting Spurs is boring. Death to you all. Xx

In all the years I've gone the the Lane I've never seen a side not try. No matter how much people think that's the case.

Booing is unacceptable.

Support or fuck off I say. The shelf is a shadow of what it once was these days. Bitchy boozed up arseholes who enjoy slagging off more than singing the praises.

Just because the team is boring, doesn't mean we should be.
Fair play mate, if that's your perception of things.

I demand the players give 100% in any competitive game, because it's an honour to wear that shirt. If someone is struggling or just plain shit but giving their all, I will be their biggest supporter. I've shouted plenty of encouragement to everyone from Soldado to Justin Edinburgh. But if someone is not respecting the fans with their performance, I will let them know as well. I often feel this with Eriksen and his way of bottling challenges as well as people like Adebayor (I've never booed these players but I have let them know how I feel about them!)

I've definitely seen some performances when the team as a whole have given far less than 100%. West Brom away a couple of seasons ago springs to mind, when we were 3-0 down after about 20 minutes. Fulham away in the cup when we lost 4-0 under Redknapp. I didn't boo at either of those games but I don't begrudge someone booing under that kind of circumstance. The thing is when you've followed Spurs through thick and thin over the years all over Europe, the least you can ask for is for the players to try their best, and also to pay respect to the fans at the end of the game.

I've actually only booed once or twice in my entire time watching Spurs. Once was at the league cup defeat at home to Birmingham, around 2000. They were a lower league side at the time. This was the game that was followed by a mass protest against Sugar. The team was not properly trying that night! (IMO of course).

Last edited:
One problem is that people expect the team to do better every year. Because we finished 5th last year, people demand us to finish 4th this year. Looking at it rationally, that's too much to demand. But 5th is boring for some people because we've already done that...the sooner we accept that top 6 is a good achievement for us at the moment, all things considered, the better our support will be. Of course we should strive to do as well as possible, but we have to be realistic in what we consider to be a successful season.

Theres a difference to say Lamela is shit on a forum, or to my mates...doesnt mean Id shout it at his face during a game.

This "forum negativity" mantra needs to be wound in. Its not affecting the players or their performances, its a place to discuss spurs, the good the bad and the ugly, not just be happy.

Its been the same the whole time, just different people doing it. Some people criticising now were happier under other managers, some who were doing the same shit then are happier now.

Thats life.
But the thing is, its indicative of the general attitude isn't it. If people are moaning on here, its what they're doing elsewhere. I dunno, maybe its a british thing, but i don't understand the negative attitude.
The way some people go on, you'd think their life savings and family safety were dependent on a tottenham win.

Negativity breeds negativity. If people come on here being boring miserable cunts, and other people join in, its just going to get more boring, more miserable, and more cuntish. Id much rather have a bunch of people saying "ah fuck it we lost, but I'm pissed and I've lost my voice from singing the whole game. Cant wait till next weekend to do it all again".

One problem is that people expect the team to do better every year. Because we finished 5th last year, people demand us to finish 4th this year. Looking at it rationally, that's too much to demand. But 5th is boring for some people because we've already done that...the sooner we accept that top 6 is a good achievement for us at the moment, all things considered, the better our support will be. Of course we should strive to do as well as possible, but we have to be realistic in what we consider to be a successful season.
Couldn't agree more. I don't understand why finishing in the top 6 is talked about like a failure! Of 92 league teams we finished above 86 of them, and the ones above us are spending hundreds of millions to be there. Finishing top 6 is a fucking success. Its not a trophy, granted. But Chelsea and City and now United are spending billions to try and win trophies.

Also, i have a question.

When was the first time you heard booing at football?

To me, it definitely feels like a modern thing. The massive dehumanisation of footballers we have in this day and age makes football feel like a trip to the cinema or something.
People don't go to a theatre and boo if someone messes up a line. Because you'd look like a massive cunt and those are actual human beings upon that stage.
Similarly, if you were sat at your desk and accidentally deleted and excel file or something, you wouldn't take kindly to someone in the office booing you either. Weird that some people think its acceptable at football though.

I just don't understand it. Yeah, its expensive these days, but when you spend the £50, you're paying that money to watch a football match. Not to watch your team win. You pay that money with the explicit understanding that they might not win.

Back
Top Bottom