The Dawson Derby, AKA The Andy Reid Derby, AKA The Brennan Johnson Derby - AKA EVERY FUCKING PLAYER EVER- AKA Forest Away - 15/12, 8pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well, for once the team selection should be as clear as a day.

Unchanged XI for this, please and thank you!

Five full days of rest as well, so everyone should have been recovered.

Surely they will park the bus, but after seeing good creativity from Kulu in the middle and much sharper wing-play by Son-Johnson in Sunday, I have a feeling we will create chances. If we manage to put them away as well is more difficult of a question. But hoping for the best.

Would be really happy to see Veliz get some minutes up top as well. Maybe like last 15 minutes if scoreline allows. To have otherwise well-functioning machine producing him some chances to make his mark.
Sounds very much like pre spam game saying give so and do 15 minutes etc. You do know beating NF is not a foregone conclusion. Let’s go out like v toon, play our , create chances, try to put few away without conceding much and blood just win the game. Forget all the stats of previous games going on about how many shots, passes, poccesion. Most can be ignored as I’ve said before you could have tame effort from outside the box that is blocked or goes well wide and that is counted as a shot.

Yeah, against low blocks we need the width and we need wingers need to go round the outside.
Exactly been saying it all season! Get BJ on the right to beat his man and cross like Sonny does on the left. Neither inverted wingers did that in previous games. Hence we couldn’t beat spam.

Yep. Cloughie was a genius. RIP.
He's in the Pantheon of the Football Gods, no doubt.

Easy to forget that unlike most of the other legendary managers, he achieved supreme greatness with two old-school but nevertheless very unfashionable teams.

Forest and Derby fans of that time must have thought they were tripping.

Compare and contrast with Pep Guardiola and countless others.

And an anti-fashion style icon to boot. I know that if I were a Forest fan I would permanently have a baggy misshapen green sweatshirt that I'd wear with pride.

Requiescat in pace indeed.

0_Nottingham-Forest-legend-Brian-Clough.jpg

We'll do them 4-0. Horrible backline, Elanga and Gibbs-White the only goal threats, and a mess of a squad.

Bournemouth, Toon and United are their next 3. I reckon they'll lose the lot and Cooper's out the door.

Considering that was 43 years ago and they have since been a yo-yo club for a few decades; I'm not sure that really holds much tactical relevance tomorrow night.

Well this season they have lost 8 games. Out of 16.

In the two seasons they won the European cup they played 84 games and lost 6.

So it’s fair to say they are absolutely shit now.

Times change. A photo story to prove my point.

43859107-9654673-image-a-18_1622882933472.jpg

images

He's in the Pantheon of the Football Gods, no doubt.

Easy to forget that unlike most of the other legendary managers, he achieved supreme greatness with two old-school but nevertheless very unfashionable teams.

Forest and Derby fans of that time must have thought they were tripping.

Compare and contrast with Pep Guardiola and countless others.

And an anti-fashion style icon to boot. I know that if I were a Forest fan I would permanently have a baggy misshapen green sweatshirt that I'd wear with pride.

Requiescat in pace indeed.

0_Nottingham-Forest-legend-Brian-Clough.jpg

Their fans do love a green jumper. But fuck looking like a hobo.

Do feel a bit sorry for the scruffy bastards when I see them on the train and I’m dressed nicely topped off with a smart Peacoat and my favourite Russell and Bromley boots.

Also my overriding memory of girls from Nottingham is they would often go out sans knickers. And loved a southern accent.
Probably all fed up with green jumper wearing menfolk.

What a great world we live in.

Exactly been saying it all season! Get BJ on the right to beat his man and cross like Sonny does on the left. Neither inverted wingers did that in previous games. Hence we couldn’t beat spam.

With Son as our main central striker, there was zero point crossing balls into the box - he's never going to win them; so instead we preferred to play through the defence and patiently wait for openings.

With Richy back, we have a target man who will fight for the ball and throw himself at crosses. So I fully expect us to start putting more balls with pace into the box this game.

Their fans do love a green jumper. But fuck looking like a hobo.

Do feel a bit sorry for the scruffy bastards when I see them on the train and I’m dressed nicely topped off with a smart Peacoat and my favourite Russell and Bromley boots.

Also my overriding memory of girls from Nottingham is they would often go out sans knickers. And loved a southern accent.
Probably all fed up with green jumper wearing menfolk.

What a great world we live in.

Where is this magical place again?

Well this season they have lost 8 games. Out of 16.

In the two seasons they won the European cup they played 84 games and lost 6.

So it’s fair to say they are absolutely shit now.

Times change. A photo story to prove my point.

43859107-9654673-image-a-18_1622882933472.jpg

images
I actually quite like Alan Brazil, he’s pretty level headed for a talkshite presenter and seems a decent character

Cooper is on the verge of being sacked because they are so shit. Fulham absolutely molested them 5-0 just two games ago.

With the way we've typically begun matches, if we take out chances we should destroy them, but if they just have 10 behind the ball we will find it hard. It'll come down to how clinical we are.

Back
Top Bottom