the EVERTON AWAY match thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We've been in good form recently and ok, we lost 2-1 at Everton today. It's annoying the way it happened but no need for despondency after today's game IMO.

Feeling slightly more philosophical now; if we'd won it would've been a fucking lucky win, deflected shot and Everton probably edged the balance of play.

A draw was probably a fair result and it's gutting that we let a point slip......but it's only 1 point - hopefully we'll get the rub of the green or learn from this and end up picking up wins elsewhere.

We've been in good form recently and ok, we lost 2-1 at Everton today. It's annoying the way it happened but no need for despondency after today's game IMO.

I think it's more due to expectation management.... At half -time and up until the 75th minute it had 0-0 written all over it, and I'm sure Everton would've felt hard done by, but as soon as WE scored we were into bonus territory.... The fact that we threw it away... And then threw it away again makes it so painful.
It's like having a lottery ticket but not really expecting to win.... But if. EVERY number is one out from the ones that come up, you'd be ROYALLY pissed off!

Everton are somehow not shite, so it's not the worst result in the world. Somehow not shite, because Baines is the only player of theirs that would get into our team. Doubt Screech would even get a game.

The point about expectation is right though. We can't keep performing well for 80 minutes then chucking it away. Are we unfit? Under confident?

I think it's more due to expectation management.... At half -time and up until the 75th minute it had 0-0 written all over it, and I'm sure Everton would've felt hard done by, but as soon as WE scored we were into bonus territory.... The fact that we threw it away... And then threw it away again makes it so painful.
It's like having a lottery ticket but not really expecting to win.... But if. EVERY number is one out from the ones that come up, you'd be ROYALLY pissed off!
brick-loud-noises-b.jpg

I don't believe we'd concede half as many if any goals at all with a proper defence.

Proper: Benny back, Vert in the middle, Kaboul available, no Gallas.

The mistake aside, how fucking good does Caulker look for a 20 year old center back in the Premier League?

I think I just climaxed a little bit.

I said it before but |I still think we dont keep the ball well enough and at times struggle to move it quickly enough in midfield.

I would absolutely jizzpunk all over the place if we got Moutinho or another classy midfielder who players can ping the ball into and be confident we wont lose it or be hurried into making bad passes.

I really think we are only a few players short from a big old leap in quality.

As ever in defeat, how we respond is pivotal to the players and team development. AVB needs to drill into them (although how they don't know is beyond me) that a game lasts until the referee blows the final whistle. The result is depressing...I'm little fed up but tomorrow I'll be thinking about how we'll beat Swansea.

As ever in defeat, how we respond is pivotal to the players and team development. AVB needs to drill into them (although how they don't know is beyond me) that a game lasts until the referee blows the final whistle. The result is depressing...I'm little fed up but tomorrow I'll be thinking about how we'll beat Swansea.
I think that's half the problem, players must be aware of it now, how we keep conceding late on. So they come to the back end of games thinking 'right, do not concede, do not concede' therefore just going into defensive mode inviting pressure rather than taking the fight to the other team and pushing them back like United do.

We haven't pounded anyone yet, it feels like we are more organized and know what we are doing more under AVB yet feel less likely to score as many goals

The most frustrating for me is that we were containing any late 'onslaught' after we took the lead. Everton's players looked more tired than ours to me, and we looked more likely to score on the break in my view. It wasn't like previous games (Norwich for instance) where the equalizer had been coming. When Coleman or whoever it was got to the byline in the 90th minute I thought 'OK, this is the one token scare there was bound to be before full time. Just see this one out...'

As a whole I think we are improving. Like Dru just said, we do seem a lot more organized. I felt after we went 1 up initially we played well, kept pressing them and didn't just let them have a go. Of course we fucked it away in the end but I think we're on the right road. Still doing well in the league and have a nice few games coming up. After calming down from earlier I can say I'm feeling confident about the season. Bring on Swansea

Fuckin ell...

I'm amazed you're not currently sitting in puddle of your own piss in a padded cell eating crayons after that!

I once got 4 numbers and the other two were one up and one down from the ones i had. Missed out on being a millionaire thanks to my pen being one millimetre away from the last winning numbers.

Now THAT hurt

Back
Top Bottom