the EVERTON AWAY match thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dembele isn't fully fit, he came off slightly limping. He would never have been substituted if he was at full fitness.

I'm so cunting livid right now.... Mainly cos of the manner of the result but also, at 1- 0 up, I'd prepared myself for 1-1... It's just what we do.. But 2-1, like THAT is bordering on cruelty... Simply unbearable...
Same I was sat there on 85 mins thinking "I wouldn't be gutted with a draw"

There is no god.

Personally feel we have to hire one or more sportshrinks... I'd say it's a mentallity problem we've been having this season. Mandatory sportshrink sessions, both private and group might sort that shit out! :levyeyes:

Dembele isn't fully fit, he came off slightly limping. He would never have been substituted if he was at full fitness.

I think we are nursing him till the window opens and we can sign in a decent replacement for while he has surgery.

Can see why its the minority opinion.

Benny back = natural LB = playing natural CB (Verts) in his proper position = no Gallas = Caulker having a settled partner = more stability = better understanding = less mistakes.

Sorry about all the '='

And our shit record at Everton continues....

If there is a positive, we have played all the top teams away from home (expect Chelsea) and still joint 4th.
Our fixture list coming up looks good, especially when we have Parker, BAE and Bale returning. Also Kaboul should be back in the new year.

You know what rankles LOADS, is the look of shock and surprise on our players faces, that a team 0-1 down going into the 90th+ minute might actually not only try and equalise, but then have the temerity to go on and WIN, rather than settling for the draw!
Us v Wigan this season was a prime example, whether we got what we deserved or had battered the fuck out of them with no reward... as soon as they scored, you could see the confidence drain, and the 'here we go again/one of them days' mentality sink in...
had WE gone for the equaliser then like Everton did today, maybe WE'D have come out of that game with an unlikely, dramatic last minute victory...
...but as it is, when OTHER teams do it, we get caught out and look as if it's the LAST thing we'd expect them to do, mainly 'cos we didn't think of doing the same thing when we're in that position!

...where the fuck is our killer instinct and winners mentality?

oh, and curse of the ex... don't get me started! OUR version of the C.O.T.E is Adebayor scoring at ArseAnal, then getting sent off and handing the initiative back to them on a fucking plate so that their fans can howl and jeer and laugh and point and gloat and feel smugly fucking satisfied with their lot 'cos THEY WERE PROVED RIGHT...
THAT isn't how the Curse of the Ex is supposed to work... PEANUT-HEAD TODAY IS HOW IT'S FUCKING DONE THOUGH!
:avbcringe: :avbfacepalm: :defoe: :carrollwtf: :dempsey: :gomes: :jenaswtf: :parker:

...bollocks, not enough ANGRY SMILIES TO TRULY SUM UP MY MOOD!

I have to say fair fucking play to David Moyes, his players never ever give up and run through walls for him.

To quote a famous song....
Do you think if the players REALLY knew what we're going through, they'd understand why we can't smile tonight!

Can see why its the minority opinion.

Benny back = natural LB = playing natural CB (Verts) in his proper position = no Gallas = Caulker having a settled partner = more stability = better understanding = less mistakes.

Sorry about all the '='
I get all that, but I don't think Benoit is any good. Certainly not good enough for a team with top four aspirations. Good backup, but definitely a weak link in a back five of Hugo, Walker, JV, Eunice and Benoit. Shit knows who else out there could replace him though, so maybe he's as good as we can get.

Back
Top Bottom