The Final Dash - Stoke City vs. Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What is st totterigham day? confused

The day Scum fans named in honour of their obsession with us. Since the dirty cunts stopped winning doubles and going seasons unbeaten, finishing above Spurs became the new cup final for them.

How the mighty have fallen. The highlight used to be winning the league at WHL....now its waiting til the last day of the season to finish one point above Spurs, or perhaps GD.

One team improving immeasurably from a decade ago, and one going backwards from that era.

This forum is infested with the gobby little cunts lauding their failures as something to be proud of.

When you aim for the quadruple, and scrape top 4, you'd think they would be too ashamed to boast about it..

Says it all

7465551stokestats.JPG

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22505742

"The Tottenham goal was under siege for much of their game at Stoke. While the entire Spurs back four battled admirably, it was Lloris who provided the commanding presence in his own box and gave his defence great confidence. An excellent performance from the France international - particularly on crosses."

-Garth Crooks

I'm sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but what the actual fuck.

What a dick.

Mmmm Stoke away.
Horrible manager, fans, team, stadium. Hate em'.
Shame they're not teetering on the edge of relegation. Would love to send them down.
It's a must win for us - as simple as that.
I'm glad Woolwich aren't playing before us - if we win we can enjoy it for a while.

And what if Chelsea lose both?

Oh, thats right, that will mean also lose both ours!

It's crazy I guess... if we had either Chelsea or ArseAnal's two remaining fixtures (Villa a/Everton h, or Wigan h/Newcastle a) we could find perfectly legitimate reasons why OF COURSE we wouldn't win both... whereas if either of them had our games against (probably safe) Stoke & Sunderland, we'd be bemoaning the fact the fixture list had been kind to allow them to avoid 2 teams fighting for their lives!

...yet somehow, I can see Chelsea/ArseAnal winning them both without even breaking sweat, whereas you just know Stoke will somehow pull out all the stops to 'shove it up us Southern nancy boys' and Sunderland on the last day will be totally relaxed and out to impress Di Facistio!!

Hopefully, ONE of Wigan/Newcastle can take at least 2 points off them... I'm not even daring to think Chelsea won't win one of their remaining games, which of course will put them out of reach with their fucking goal difference! Shame WE couldn't have spanked ANYONE this season at least once... both Arse (Southampton & Newcastle) AND Chelsea (Villa) have hit SOMEONE for 6/7 or 8 this season...
Sometimes, when we win a game, we REALLY need to win it well!
It's an aspect to our game we have been sadly lacking since we tonked Wigan 9-1!!

Aurrrgh football sometimes!!!!

It's easy to say, we should have beaten so and so, or we shouldn't have dropped points there. But we did, the brilliant thing about the Premier League is that the lowliest relegation threatened team can beat the teams going for the title. It's unpredictable. We aren't the only ones to have dropped points against the lesser lights of the league. Both Chelsea and City lost to Southampton. The fact is we have had a season of change, a season littered with injuries to key players, and as such at times we haven't been consistent. I prefer to think that if we had got a draw at Woolwich or at home to Chelsea, or beaten United in the snow, then we would be qualified by now. These are the teams we have to take points off. And we can, last nights match could have gone either way. We have looked short of squad players this year, and at times have been playing with VERY tired legs (like against Fulham)

IIRC, Defoe definitely has scored with a header. But he's poor in the air and it's one of his biggest weaknesses. One of the big reasons why I thought Crouch was better than him, as he offered much more aerial threat.

Luckily Crouch is now in decline, and I think we should manage him ok. I hope JV plays at LB. I'm thinking draw again ATM, may change though when team sheets come out. On the whole Wigan have given us hope after yesterday, so pleased it didn't go to extra time. Still looks like 5th for us though as things stand.

Defoe scored against Chelsea at Chelsea with his head Iirc.

I feel quite calm today. I'm in a que sera sera place. I have accepted the Europa and I feel fine.

Back
Top Bottom