The Football Connoisseurs Vs Bournemouth Sat 15th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sanchez would probably play well at all 19 other PL clubs... Not 'cos they're all necessarily better than us, just 'cos they're NOT us!

Same with Richardson, look at the difference between him and Gabriel Jesus...
I guarantee had HE gone to the Gooners, and we'd signed Jesus, it would be Richi Laa knocking them in for fun for them, and Jesus struggling in front of goal for us...

We could sign prime Messi, Ronaldo and Haaland and we'd make them look like cloggers!!

It's the management system that's wrong, not the players.

Do you know HOW GOOD you've got to be to make it in Professional football... let alone PL...?

Sanchez may not be very bright, but he's a decent player, we're just not bringing the best out of him due to poor coaching/management...

The fact the fans have now taken it out on him doesn't help in the slightest... and if anything, will turn the rest of the players against us.

4th wasn't gone before yesterday, but it sure as shit has now.

Our 3 hardest games are coming up, and we've recently dropped 10 points in 4 of our supposedly 'easier' games.

That don't bode well.

Reckon the fans that boo think their voices are making a difference and their self entitlement is actually managing the team and decisions.

They booed the Lucas/Bergwijn sub under Nuno, they booed Emerson Before he was subbed under Conte and now this.

The club really need to fix this
In fairness to the club Dan, how do they stop it, booing isn't classified as discriminatory though, stupid, counter productive yes it is.
The problem is a social one that every club struggling encounters, how you deal with that I don't know.
The booing of Sanchez was wrong and I said as such yesterday during the game, but the anger of fans is visible, and I think a lot of it was aimed at Levy for the huge mess we are in.

Making fans pay the highest prices for the shittest football is going to give them a sense of entitlement.

Football in general has been trying to force out the old school support for many years now and they are reaping what they have sewn.

I have no sympathy.

Not sure how Stellini and co can have a job tomorrow. Losing to Bournemouth is unacceptable.

Sacked Conte for being shit then gave his job to his sidekick.

Levy is a genius.
What did Levy, the board and us expect from an assistant manager who’s only senior job led to relegation, and now who is so desperate not to upset Conte ahead of his next payday as his assistant?

It’s all on Levy. Another way of saving pennies I’m not sacking the whole coaching team, and waiting until the summer to sell another dream.

He’ll be fucked in the summer when Kane decides he’s out and actually gets his move. That’s been his get out of jail card for almost a decade.

Making fans pay the highest prices for the shittest football is going to give them a sense of entitlement.

Football in general has been trying to force out the old school support for many years now and they are reaping what they have sewn.

I have no sympathy.
See though I agree with some of what you say. There's more wrong here than the mythic 'old school' supporter being forced out. The average age of supporters at EPL matches is pretty much fifty years old. Young loud men just can't afford to go any more it's had a very real effect on the match day vibe. But you show me nearly anything from sport to art that hasn't been ruined by money, it don't exsist

I have no sympathy.
See though I agree with some of what you say. There's more wrong here than the mythic 'old school' supporter being forced out. The average age of supporters at EPL matches is pretty much fifty years old. Young loud men just can't afford to go any more it's had a very real effect on the match day vibe. But you show me nearly anything from sport to art that hasn't been ruined by money, it don't exist
You calling me 'average'??

See though I agree with some of what you say. There's more wrong here than the mythic 'old school' supporter being forced out. The average age of supporters at EPL matches is pretty much fifty years old. Young loud men just can't afford to go any more it's had a very real effect on the match day vibe. But you show me nearly anything from sport to art that hasn't been ruined by money, it don't exsist

I should have said 'old school type' supporter. They have priced out the next generation of 'old school supporter'

100% this. I’m just not at ease with him in goal anymore.
Don’t get me wrong he isn’t the only problem , but when your drink driving captain comes back from injury and you drop the goalie who was doing well to fit him straight back in, what kind of message does that send to the team?
It’s like Son all season, even though his form was shit we played him and didn’t give others a chance , if I’m a player in that dressing room I’d be thinking what’s the fucking point of trying hard in training as the team is picked on past merit and not performance !
Still all those wishing poch back need tb be careful as I remember saying the same about him , but I’m his defence he hardly had a good squad to pick from so his hand was some what forced

I see no possibility of us making top 4 in this form and under this management and team confidence level.
Personally I'd like to see us flood the team with the best youngsters we have, to give them some experience and hopefully drop out of the European positions - particularly the conference level comp, with an eye on not overloading whatever we end up with as a first team under the new manager.
We need to do some serious restructuring

I see no possibility of us making top 4 in this form and under this management and team confidence level.
Personally I'd like to see us flood the team with the best youngsters we have, to give them some experience and hopefully drop out of the European positions - particularly the conference level comp, with an eye on not overloading whatever we end up with as a first team under the new manager.
We need to do some serious restructuring
We don't have sheikhs backing us. Need that CL/Europa money

I should have said 'old school type' supporter. They have priced out the next generation of 'old school supporter'
That’s the thing nutty , my family was working class when I was growing Up but my old man could afford to still take us to spurs and thus my addiction was born .
probably looking at close to £250 to take a small family to the ground now and have something to eat ! It’s disgusting really!

I have no sympathy.

And at a time when most people are struggling with bills, COL etc etc.

Paying a premium to watch these multi millionaires fanny about for 2hours isn’t my idea of fun.

Back
Top Bottom