The Football Connoisseurs Vs Bournemouth Sat 15th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Cant have 7 more weeks of this. Slow demise and rudderless. Weve had enough time to decide who we want as next boss. I'm really concerned how we are going to play away from home last few games under current manager. Today was rock bottom. Look a spent team. At least try for top 4 last 7 games. Waste of everyones time otherwise.
Top 4 is gone now for sure

It´s not their fault they are still at the club is it??? No player in history has ever become better by getting boo´s from your own fans.

I'd dislike Sanchez less if he tried hard but made clangers, instead of what he's actually done when given the chance this season which is be a lazy bastard and make clangers.

I'm on hols so didn't see this game, but in other performances this season his lack of effort to track runs or get back in position has been stark. That kind of stuff will get the stadium on your back.

I'd dislike Sanchez less if he tried hard but made clangers, instead of what he's actually done when given the chance this season which is be a lazy bastard and make clangers.

I'm on hols so didn't see this game, but in other performances this season his lack of effort to track runs or get back in position has been stark. That kind of stuff will get the stadium on your back.
Don't blame Sanchez. Porro is the weak link. Bring back Doherty. Why are we considering buying Porro.

I just don’t know what to think anymore. It’s really strange as we are in a somewhat crisis and yet above Liverpool and Chelsea and fighting for top 4.
It’s not about where we are in the league, it’s about the style of football we are dishing out and continue to do so despite every fan knowing how dull it is and letting their feelings known.
The booing of Sanchez was hard to watch, he’s so nervous because he’s afraid in case he makes a mistake.
Never in my life have I booed a spurs player and as bad as he is at the moment, that will not change.
The same goes for players having to delete social media because of the abuse, what the fuck is wrong with people? Do they think that it will make them better players? It has the opposite effect.
Instead of looking forward to the next game, Porro is probably dreading it and wishing he never signed.

This is a season to forget on every level and until we get a manager who is prepared to entertain us, it will not get better.
I wouldn’t even like to think what I’ve spent this season watching this shit, the only two real enjoyable results/performances was beating West Ham and Chelsea, but both are a given and surely we deserve more than beating two lower table/relegation fodder teams.
I won’t be at the Man Utd game as I’ll be in Budapest but usually I would decline the offer as it clashed with a home game. This is how shit it’s become.

People always talk about their club needing a total rebuild but there is no club that is more relevant to than us.
It’s toxic at the moment and this all boils down to the way the club is run and it’s rubbed off to the managers and players.
Conte and Mourinho were right with their comments and unless the main owners are willing to listen and act now, I’m afraid it will be a long time before we make any progress.
LEVY SHOULD NOT BE THE MAIN DECISION MAKER AT THIS CLUB!!!!!

Absolute shit show.

As we said yesterday. It is a really enjoyable day out that is ruined by the 90 minutes of football we are being served up.

I think the fact I have woken up this Morning and not absolutely raging about the result and the way we played says it all. They have reduced us to expecting this now and that is the really sad thing..

Booing doesn't help the players, but fans didn't boo Sanchez because of one mistake, but because it the same mistakes every time he players, the same mistakes he's made for 5 years, he has most afternoons after training where he could work on his mistakes, his lack of control, or lack of ability to pass under pressure,

Well yesterday was 'fun' while it lasted!

Only WE could go 1-0 up early on at home to Bournemouth, and it be a disadvantage...

Then to equalise on 88mins, with SIX more to play, and we STILL let THEM back in it to win...
It defied all the football logic that I've learned watching football for over 40 years: you equalise late on, the oppo are on their knees, and you go on to win.... THAT'S HOW FOOTBALL WORKS!

we must be the only club for whom a late sucker punch equaliser GALVANISES the opposition!

That's 10 (TEN) points thrown away now against bottom sides from winning positions!
Southampton, Everton & Leiectser away... and now yesterday.

Fulham, Crystal Palace & Man City showed us how it's done.... (and Bournemouth gave us a pretty good lesson too!)

Everything about yesterday was wrong.... the mood in the stadium was dull to start, then turned toxic... I still don't get how booing your own players, or demanding the owner leave (especially at 1-0 up) or chanting the name of an ex-manager is supposed to help the players, but there you go!

Levy wasn't listening, Poch wasn't there, and Sanchez crumbled to a husk and had to be hauled off 'cos of it.

Bizarre!

The only plus was....

Nope, no plusses!

We even broke THIS site yesterday evening so we couldn't even come on and vent our spleen!!

Oh, actually, one plus, it just dawned on me that if Bournemouth was in Sweden, they'd be BJORNMOUTH!

That is LITERALLY all I got!

I think the booing of Sanchez is more a message to Levy. I don't agree with it and it serves no purpose. They would be much better focussing their frustration and voices in the "we want ENIC out" chants.

The booing of Sanchez, the Poch song, they both have more people joining in than "Enic out". Was very noticeable yesterday in the ground around me. It is very strange. Very mixed views from those around me as well, some for Poch, some dead against, some booing players, some not.. The performances on the pitch are doing a great job of dividing the supporters.

Booing doesn't help the players, but fans didn't boo Sanchez because of one mistake, but because it the same mistakes every time he players, the same mistakes he's made for 5 years, he has most afternoons after training where he could work on his mistakes, his lack of control, or lack of ability to pass under pressure,
It's exactly this. He isn't learning, the coaches aren't learning. They players may be rallying round Sanchez but they know he fucks them over.

£42m we spent on this cunt.

Stellini once again seemed baffled about retreating after scoring and defended the tactics, and lamented the "individual mistakes". But we've heard that excuse about ten times or more this season.

This isn't true is it? I mean I don't know what Emerson's defensive stats are, but I know Porro had awful defensive stats. Someone posted a bunch of graphs showing his defensive contributions when we signed him, and it wasn't good reading. Was always very clear he's an ultra offensive minded fullback with big deficiencies defensively.
Makes you wonder what the point of having 'stats' is then... if no-one within the club takes a blind bit of notice of them!

No children on here. And if there are then it's their choice.

Going to a ground and hearing that language constantly is not cool.

I swear like a navvy. But not in front of children twice every 39 seconds.
That's quite a specific time frame....
either you had a stopwatch, or he had barely 40 seconds worth of vocabulary before repeating himself!

This was the one I recalled.

Christ.... what's the point?

Sanchez and Porro’s names need to be sung proudly next week. I noticed that poor bastard Sanchez was crying after he got subbed off thanks to Stellini’s garbage tactical decisions. And then after the game Porro deleted all of his social media accounts. We have one job when we’re in that stadium - and that is to give the players confidence no matter what

It’s one thing venting about a player on the forum or on social media, I always do it. But when you let a player know directly what you think in a negative way, that is disgraceful. I can’t stand watching the likes of Sanchez and Winks over the years but I’d never even think of directly abusing them when I’m in the stadium or on social media

What a shitshow. Incredible how a sunny afternoon ended up being a toxic mess
It's not incredible though .. It's Spurs!

Our support is a 3-way split between the toxic, protesting haters, the tourists, and the rest of us!

Sadly, it feels like many of us week-in-week, out die hard supporters are starting to find ourselves in the minority!

Many of our new found fanbase don't really give a shit, and just want Sonny's shirt... and the other third are just not very nice human beings!

I'm not for one minute saying I love Levy, or ENIC... but chanting for him to leave barely 5 minutes after we've scored defies all logic of what a supporters role is!

.. and as for Sanchez in tears, and Pedro Steve-O Porro deleting his account... that's modern football for ya!

Cunts this team

Can't hold onto a lead against Saints botton of the table
Can't hold on against 10 men of EFC, they might be relegated
Can't hold on to a lead against another team fighting relegation

We're not going to get CL now, we might as well avoid Thursday night crap games in Eastern Europe and beyond
Both those teams just got whipped at home as well!

Back
Top Bottom