The homecoming 3rd April Tottenham versus Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Come on man, 'early' means when I finally got through to the selecting ticket part. What do you think I am some kind of greenhorn?! And of course it's not Levy's fault if I'm busy (more like screwed as I said). I'm just convinced that members haven't been given their fair share of tickets for this game. And why the hell are we paying this Member Plus shit if we can't get a bit of priority for this game?

So when did you get in the queue then?

Some peeps here saying they started at 9.... Ultimately, you snooze, you lose.

(FWIW: I was queuing from 9.40 myself I didn't get a ticket this morning either.)

In the simplest terms, with more members than members tickets, your membership is not a guarantee of a ticket.

So when did you get in the queue then?

Some peeps here saying they started at 9.... Ultimately, you snooze, you lose.

(FWIW: I was queuing from 9.40 myself I didn't get a ticket this morning either.)

In the simplest terms, with more members than members tickets, your membership is not a guarantee of a ticket.

I was queuing from around 9:00 also. So no bloody snoozing on my part. Knew it would be tricky getting a ticket but that allocation was simply bollocks. Membership Plus my arse.

I was logged in at 9, but it clearly kicked me out, i didnt leave it inactive for that long, but really they should turn the site off and then back on again at 10

I was queuing from around 9:00 also. So no bloody snoozing on my part. Knew it would be tricky getting a ticket but that allocation was simply bollocks. Membership Plus my arse.

As I keep saying the Monday allocation has always been a similarly small proportion with the bulk released the following day.

Your complaint that you won't get to go because of the allocation is moot.... It's not sold out yet. If you don't get one it's cos you're not in the mix when the main allocation is released.

As I keep saying the Monday allocation has always been a similarly small proportion with the bulk released the following day.

Your complaint that you won't get to go because of the allocation is moot.... It's not sold out yet. If you don't get one it's cos you're not in the mix when the main allocation is released.

So basically this membership plus thing really is a waste of time as you'd think on the really important occasions 'the bulk' of tickets would be reserved for those paying the extra. Bizarre logic the club has

I was logged in at 9, but it clearly kicked me out, i didnt leave it inactive for that long, but really they should turn the site off and then back on again at 10

I tend to agree. Switch the site off at 9.30, back on at 10. I got logged out at some point after all the tickets had been sold. I know this because I was seriously considering doing what Airfixx Airfixx "joked" about and try to stay logged in until tomorrow. But no dice I'm afraid.

I really could do with getting through to the TO in my case as I need to relocate my season ticket so I can sit with my daughter. I phoned consistently on 2 landlines from 9:59:15 (I'd timed the uninterruptible outgoing message before the options become available) and the best I got was an engaged tone, the other response was an automated voice telling you that all operators are busy and then cut you off.

I think my girl is going to be shit out of luck. But I'll definitely try again tomorrow.

So basically this membership plus thing really is a waste of time as you'd think on the really important occasions 'the bulk' of tickets would be reserved for those paying the extra. Bizarre logic the club has

If your core gripe here is that OH should have a more distinct advantage over Lilywhite members, fair enough.

However, the Levy/corporate end of your rant seems hastily conceived... Would you still be similarly embittered if you were one of the fortunate ones this morning? ...I suspect not.

Last edited:
If your core gripe here is that OH should have a more distinct advantage over Lilywhite members, fair enough.

However, the Levy/corporate end of your rant seems a hastily conceived... Would you still be similarly embittered if you were one of the fortunate ones this morning? ...I suspect not.

It's definitely the OH+ thing. Complete con. But I still don't think even tomorrow when 'the bulk' go on sale that there will be much...will wait to be proved otherwise.

I tend to agree. Switch the site off at 9.30, back on at 10. I got logged out at some point after all the tickets had been sold. I know this because I was seriously considering doing what Airfixx Airfixx "joked" about and try to stay logged in until tomorrow. But no dice I'm afraid.

I really could do with getting through to the TO in my case as I need to relocate my season ticket so I can sit with my daughter. I phoned consistently on 2 landlines from 9:59:15 (I'd timed the uninterruptible outgoing message before the options become available) and the best I got was an engaged tone, the other response was an automated voice telling you that all operators are busy and then cut you off.

I think my girl is going to be shit out of luck. But I'll definitely try again tomorrow.

TBH, a little pop-up that says "try again tomorrow" would go a long way. It's the grey area of it all the makes the process so stressful.

p.s. I'm more than stubborn enough to do what I 'joked' about earlier. :angryscouser:

Impossible for me to try tomorrow so officially screwed. There might be more member tickets than previously but not for this game - Levy has sold a whole swathe of them off to the highest bidder.

Should have been around 10K plus seats available. I got on the site early around 10-ish but there was fuck all to choose from. Very dodgy. So must have been 'reserved' for a bunch of fucking cronies, package tours and corporate wankers.
When you deduct season tickets, corporate, and away fans, there's approximately 7,000 tickets left.

As per every other season, the priority for Bronze/+ members is a limited release of tickets, previously 1,000 apparently, now probably 1,500-2,000ish, on sale the day before they go on sale to all members.

Basically, your + membership gives you a shot at the limited amount, and then a further chance with the other members. I got on via my phone, having loaded the page on there just before 9am. I eventually got through to buy what seemed like the last ticket (or at least one of) in this small priority allocation about 10.20, so was in the queue for quite a while to get that.

I understand your frustration, and even now I'm wondering if it's going to be worth the extra money each season to remain a + member when there's such a small chance of gaining any advantage over regular members, but then I did get a ticket so I guess I did have an advantage.

IF they didn't hold back a reasonable amount for ALL members, there'd be no point most people bothering to join One Hotspur at all. There's apparently around 150,000 members, all of which presumably want to be able to buy a ticket at some point. Around half of those (if my season ticket waiting list is anything to go by) have paid the extra for + membership. If you're competing against 70,000-75,000 other plus members then you really shouldn't be surprised if you don't manage to get a ticket. Less than 1% of members will be successful.

When you deduct season tickets, corporate, and away fans, there's approximately 7,000 tickets left.

As per every other season, the priority for Bronze/+ members is a limited release of tickets, previously 1,000 apparently, now probably 1,500-2,000ish, on sale the day before they go on sale to all members.

Basically, your + membership gives you a shot at the limited amount, and then a further chance with the other members. I got on via my phone, having loaded the page on there just before 9am. I eventually got through to buy what seemed like the last ticket (or at least one of) in this small priority allocation about 10.20, so was in the queue for quite a while to get that.

I understand your frustration, and even now I'm wondering if it's going to be worth the extra money each season to remain a + member when there's such a small chance of gaining any advantage over regular members, but then I did get a ticket so I guess I did have an advantage.

IF they didn't hold back a reasonable amount for ALL members, there'd be no point most people bothering to join One Hotspur at all. There's apparently around 150,000 members, all of which presumably want to be able to buy a ticket at some point. Around half of those (if my season ticket waiting list is anything to go by) have paid the extra for + membership. If you're competing against 70,000-75,000 other plus members then you really shouldn't be surprised if you don't manage to get a ticket. Less than 1% of members will be successful.

Thanks for enlightening me. Never fully knew how this worked. Now that I do, this member Plus thing hardly seems worth it. Funny how they don't tell you all this when you're signing up, hey. Bastards.

After watching a few clips online of how loud it got even at half full... this place is going to absolutely be rocking when its a capacity. It really will be a an intimidating place to play. Can't wait for next Wednesday!

Thanks for the numbers. Should finally put things into conclusive perspective....

It's normally quite close to the match day, but I don't know if they'll be doing it for this match.
I think you're thinking of the ticket exchange, the club's resale platform that replaced StubHub.

Ticket Share is for people to transfer their ticket direct to somebody within their network. I'd have thought it'd be available now that the tickets have gone on sale, but maybe it'll be from the proper ticket sale tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom