The "I'm a student and I need help with my dissertation" thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hello, I am a masters student studying sustainability at the University of Salford and am writing a dissertation on sustainability in football. Part of this includes asking Premier League fans to answer a short questionnaire on the topic. Given Spurs' sustainable reputation, it would be great to hear from you, the fans. The questionnaire itself is short and will only take at most 5-10 minutes and is completely anonymous. It is available on the University of Salford Survey website at the following address Sustainability in Football
If you are over 18 and could answer this it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Honestly, I’m a football fan. Tottenham is where I come to engage on football. Not sustainability or national cultural issues. Please keep this shit away. You want to do something meaningful on sustainability, engage governments and global business. You want to learn about football? Welcome. You want to focus on sustainability in football? You’re wasting your life mate.

Hello!

I am currently in the process of gathering data for my final Masters level research project. This project is centred around English football spectator behaviour. More specifically, the development of legislation used to control spectator behaviour and the social implications such authoritative measures have facilitated. As such, the analysis of the study will focus on the socio-legal environment created within English football over time, and the affect this has had on the spectator experience.

My data collection method for this research is a short online survey that looks to collate the thoughts, opinions and experiences of English football spectators. The only conditions for this survey are that you are over-18 and an English national/resident. Any correspondence with this survey would be hugely appreciated and will provide invaluable when forming my final analysis. I have attached the link to the survey down below:

Completion of the survey should take between 5-15 minutes, dependent on answer length.

If you have any further questions regarding the study, or would like to view the finalised research once it is completed, please do not hesitate to email me at [email protected].

Thankyou!
Jordan (Sheffield Hallam University)
Sometimes we go “Hooray “ sometimes we go “ Oh bother!”

Please feel free to ask anymore questions

Done...

And I would kill to see standing back at Football grounds.. The atmosphere would improve massively..

Although would be fun to see them all standing in the Olympic Stadium, you'd have to remove the Meccanno chairs and everyone could stand on the running track..

All done mate.

All for safe standing in English football. Most stadiums have a section of fans who stand for the full 90 'unsafely', most of the south lower is standing and usually all away fans are on their feet too. Surely its in every clubs interest to provide those fans with the option of safe standing. At least that way it becomes easier to steward those standing in a seated area. Just my opinion but I'm sure the majority of the Park Lane would agree.

Fan blogs
There are many, many more but for personal choices I read these. Here you will get a feel of how the fans feel about the finances, stadiums, transfers etc. As their opinion matters too, not always in-sync with the club/manager Good luck sifting through the BS.
dml
TOTTENHAM ON MY MIND
http://blog.martincloake.com
Home
http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum

Facts & History
To understand new developments IMO you need to know whats driving them.
My Football Facts & Stats | Tottenham Hotspur FC
Spurs First Team & Development Squad Player Contracts
ohwhenthespurs.co.uk
A Romance of Football - The History of Tottenham Hotspur F.C.

Finances/Stadium
The Swiss Ramble: Tottenham Hotspur - Moving On Up
The Spurs Report
A four minute summary

Fuck me, a lot of this stuff is available just by simple online searches. Surely you should do a bit of work to get a fucking degree, not just wait for us to lay it on a plate for you.

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F06%2FJack-Nicholson.gif

This fucking bunch of self serving cretinous Government haven't got a fucking clue.

I was hoping some of you may take 5 minutes out of your day in order to complete my shit questionnaire.

:dembelefingers:

I'm sorry but fuck off.

Just because you're a student, doesn't mean you're not being a spammy cunt.

Sick of all these things. Do what every other student does and fucking pretend you received loads of responses that suited your agenda (or whatever spin get you the best marks).

Last edited:
This is the Tommy Robinson and American Politics discussion forum, for 2hrs at weekends we discuss Tottenham Matches and for transfer windows we talk total bollocks about the possible move of every single professional footballer, these aren't the droids you are looking for Jill

This is the Tommy Robinson and American Politics discussion forum, for 2hrs at weekends we discuss Tottenham Matches and for transfer windows we talk total bollocks about the possible move of every single professional footballer, these aren't the droids you are looking for Jill
Don't forget perverts wrestling ladies for money as well

Hello.

I'm conducting a research study into the wellbeing of football fans across the UK and I would love to hear from Spurs fans.

I am particularly interested in the psychological benefits of following the club and how that relates to football fans in other divisions, regions and steps in the pyramid.

Below is a link to the survey. It's very straightforward. I'd be extremely grateful for your time and honest opinion in responding as this will form the centre-piece to my psychology degree.

Football fandom survey link: https://openss.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3E0yn0aecIVVNHL

Please feel free to share the link with family and friends too - regardless of which club they follow. The more responses I get, the better.

If you're interested in the results, I'd be delighted to send you the final report - there is opportunity to leave your email address at the end of the survey.

Thank you ever so much in advance for all your help and efforts. if you have any questions about the survey, please email me, Jill Desmond at: [email protected].

Jill Desmond

1. Are you a girl between the ages of 18 and 40?
2. If so, would you consider yourself to be attractive?
3. Do you like wrestling?

If the answer to all of the above is yes, I will answer your question, no problem.

Back
Top Bottom