The "I'm a student and I need help with my dissertation" thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The biggest myth that the 'Football Authorities' perpetuated throughout the late late '80's/early '90s was that anyone and everyone who stood was a potential hooligan.

WRONG. Those who picked a fight with the opposition at the train station, or in the streets outside the ground were hooligans. I'd be surprised if many of them even made their way into the ground in time for the match! ...and those who did, were too busy picking a fight with the away fans to even bother with the game.

Wanting to stand up during a game to watch the match isn't a sign of wanting to fight... it's a sign of wanting to stand, and sing, and support.

I don't get where the 2 wires were crossed!

The survey is still up & running ... please spare 2 minutes ... Introduction
Completed and signed.
I like the question about ever having your view obscured by standing (that leads you to think you'd be in favour of all seating)
,,,well yes, yes I have had my view obscured (mainly 'cos I'm 5'Fuckall") but that would in no way hinder my desire to see a standing section, in which I would happily stand, occasionally have my view obscured, but not give a shit...

At least it's not 2 fucking great big East Stand support Poles which continually obscure the view of many of those sitting for 90 minutes!) At least people standing can move about a bit!

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F06%2FJack-Nicholson.gif

This fucking bunch of self serving cretinous Government haven't got a fucking clue.

Does nobody think it perverse that authorities guilty of murder on terraces and a subsequent cover up are today making decisions about terrace safety? The cheek of the cunts.

They ignore any evidence anyway.

The experts - we need to legalise pot, it's not that dangerous and keeping it illegal helps gangsters, wastes money, hurts people and damages the relationship between the police and the people

Government - yeh but drugs are bad because my mum told me so (apart from the ones our corporate friends produce like tobacco, alcohol and prescription drugs).

The experts - we need more social housing

Government - sell the housing stock we don't need it

The experts - the benefits system is a mess

Government - let's make it worse

Did you really expect anything else from these numpties. if they got told safe standing will cure cancer they would still make it illegal.

We also need to bring back the excitement with safe flares lit by stewards at designated locations, and allow safe pitch invasions at certain times e.g. when a career record goal is scored, when a winning goal is scored in the dying minutes, when the title or a cup is won etc.

They ignore any evidence anyway.

The experts - we need to legalise pot, it's not that dangerous and keeping it illegal helps gangsters, wastes money, hurts people and damages the relationship between the police and the people

Government - yeh but drugs are bad because my mum told me so (apart from the ones our corporate friends produce like tobacco, alcohol and prescription drugs).

The experts - we need more social housing

Government - sell the housing stock we don't need it

The experts - the benefits system is a mess

Government - let's make it worse

Did you really expect anything else from these numpties. if they got told safe standing will cure cancer they would still make it illegal.
If experts come out with something that the government's core voter base and the swing voter base are likely to agree with, the government will seize it and make it policy. If the experts come out with something that the core and swing voter bases won't agree with (like drugs, social housing, benefits), they'll ignore it.

Experts are only listened to when convenient. I guess the DCMS has researched whether safe standing would be a popular policy vote-wise, and found that it wouldn't be.

Liverpool have just announced they have banned The Sun newspaper journalists from entering the stadium and also from any press conferences.

Despite what many fans (our own included) thinks about Liverpool and its' fans, you have to applaud this.
The Sun proper shat on them in 1989 after Hillsborough... yes, Heysel was a different case entirely only 4 years before (and I feel skewed many people's 'opinion' of Hillsborough) but make no mistake, the Liverpool fans who died weren't at fault... yes questions were asked about the thousands outside, pushing their way in... but how were they to know the ineptitude going on inside from South Yorkshire Police?

Remember... we were in a very similar position against Wolves in 1981... imagine if Hillsborough had've happened to us? It easily could have... and we'd now be the target of Papers like the Scum, trying to generate hatred at our expense... we were hardly angels in the early '80s... it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility if Spurs fans had been tarred with the same brush!

That said, Liverpool fans don't half go on about it!!!!!

I am a final year University student currently undertaking a research project studying the effects of Premier League football clubs’ social media activities on fan loyalty.

I am looking for Spurs fans who use Social Media to complete a short survey, which will take no more than five minutes.

If anyone is able to help, please like this post and I will post a link to the survey.

Many thanks.

I am looking for Spurs fans who use Social Media to complete a short survey, which will take no more than five minutes.

I have Facebook and Twitter et al, I just don't ever say anything on them, I suppose it's more of an anti-social media thing for me. Do I still qualify?

Back
Top Bottom