The Impact of Covid on Spurs & Football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Surely it needs to be Aurier... just to prove a point that you can't go flouting the rules 2/3 times without consequences!!!

Will probably end up being one of the players or staff who Aurier hugged when they all came back to training!!

Surely it needs to be Aurier... just to prove a point that you can't go flouting the rules 2/3 times without consequences!!!

Will probably end up being one of the players or staff who Aurier hugged when they all came back to training!!

"Not a key first team player" apparently.

OK, so I said that there was no way we'd play again this season. I was wrong. Stupidity and greed won.

The impact on football, for me at least, is that my negative emotions outweigh my love of the club and the sport. We've let everyone down and we've let the greedy bastards win.

But as long as it's not your family, right?

I'm ashamed of this country. Not of this club. It has very little choice and the players have none (career > risk). But accepting 500 avoidable deaths a day is cuntbaggery of the highest order. This isn't Flu. It's not fucking FLU, it's a 1 in 10 chance of death for anyone going to hospital. Even if it were only 1 death a day, if that was your mum. Would that be acceptable? Tough luck, eh?

Fuck everyone who thought this was acceptable.

OK, so I said that there was no way we'd play again this season. I was wrong. Stupidity and greed won.

The impact on football, for me at least, is that my negative emotions outweigh my love of the club and the sport. We've let everyone down and we've let the greedy bastards win.

I'm ashamed of this country. Not of this club. It has very little choice and the players have none (career > risk). But accepting 500 avoidable deaths a day is cuntbaggery of the highest order. This isn't Flu. It's not fucking FLU, it's a 1 in 10 chance of death for anyone going to hospital. Even if it were only 1 death a day, if that was your mum. Would that be acceptable? Tough luck, eh?

Playing football matches in this controlled way won’t cause any deaths.

If not now, when?

Wait for the vaccine? This virus is similar to the common cold. We have been trying to get a vaccine for that for 50+ years. Even the regular flu vaccine is often ineffective against seasonal strains.

1 in 10 chance of dying if you go into hospital. Well actually, using the figures of 280k cases, 40k deaths - you have a 14% chance of dying if you catch it. Of course, it is the case that many more people have carried the virus without being tested.

Its it a flu? Well yes, it is, and it's spread should demonstrate the seriousness to Anti Vaxers the importance of vaccinations and how they stop the spread of virus's.

Just wondering, if anyone knows, if football restarting has had any consequences in germany in terms of the virus spreading or anything like that?
I'm not following it too closely in that regard. But it seems to differ from club to club. Köln have hade a few players test positive since they restarted. But they already had problems with the virus before that.

Dynamo Dresden in the second tier had to wait an extra 3 weeks to restart due to the virus going through their squad.

But I don't really have a clue in regards to German society as a whole.

Very few deaths for anyone under 45 which includes all the players. Managers, coaches and others in attendance more at risk but so are many key workers and they have gone to work on the packed London tubes throughout.

Very few deaths for anyone under 45 which includes all the players. Managers, coaches and others in attendance more at risk but so are many key workers and they have gone to work on the packed London tubes throughout.

Roy Hodgson had better keep the PPE on?

Last edited:
Wonder if the club ever considered having the players stay at the training ground with the facilities we have.

Back
Top Bottom