The Mighty Spurs - Swansea of Wales

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great result and an overall good performance once we settled into te game. Only real complaint is that a more clinical side could have won that game 4 or 5 nil but maybe I'm being greedy. 3 goals away from home is always good.

I'd say jury is still out on sherwood as he's only had a handful of games but I was impressed to see him adapt the tactics a bit and have the nuts to drop soldado in order to make it work. It slipped under the radar a bit but I thought the Lennon for naughton sub was brilliant. In the past we might have seen someone like Holtby or soldado come on instead just to fill a gap but not do the same tactical job. However sherwood put walker at right wing where he can clearly play in a similar way to Lennon whilst you also have the benefit of his defensive talent.

What's funny is that I think this match was out best overal performance for a while (not counting stoke who were tired and shit) and we were essentially playing the same formation that AVB was caned for (4-2-3-1). The main difference, and something I've banged on about for ages, was we ha a strong, physical and skillful presence up top which I've always felt was vital for the success of that formation.
AVB should have played him when fit. Or we should have bough benteke instead of soldado if that was the planned tactic.

9 days rest or the squad now before the city game. Hopefully we'll get Sandro and vertonghen back and give them a bit more a game this time.

I'm still convinced the salute is a jab at the quenelle. PROVE ME WRONG.

He's done it for years, which is probably enough to prove otherwise as it pre-dates the quenelle scandal..

Warning, Spoiler may contain Woolwich Shite

article-0-02CC342C000005DC-839_468x329.jpg
2008126162854894580_8.jpg
adebayor-salute-415x339-300x245.jpg

I thought Bentaleb was superb today.

Now comparing up and coming players to established great players is always silly but I think Bentaleb's ceiling is Michael Carrick. He reminds me a good deal of him in his game. Long way to go of course.

Great win. We were unplayable at points.

Another thing that I loved seeing was anytime that Ade dropped deep to pick up the ball one of Eriksen, Chadli, and occasionally Lennon filled the space he had vacated and became the player furthest up the pitch.

It helped us stretch the Swansea defense/field and gave us much more space and made it that Adebayor was never isolated.

A small change but one that made all the difference with us reverting to one striker. Excellent from Sherwood.

Back
Top Bottom