The Mighty Spurs v Man United. 11/04/21 @ 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can you slap a player in the build up and score?

• Yes please slap me and score

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 71.7%

• Total voters
If I remember correctly, Lindelof was a clown under Mourinho so he’s not that great of a CB. If I was to pick from the starting 11 of both sides yesterday I’d go with...

Lloris
Wan Bissaka, Rodon, Maguire, Reguilon
Hojbjerg Ndombele
Fernandes
Rashford, Kane, Son

Why I wouldn’t pick Shaw over Reguilon? Because I know Reguilon on his day can be a bigger asset attacking wise than Shaw. Maybe I haven’t watched much of Shaw, but I know how good Reguilon can be. Yesterday he was poor I agree.

So there you go, I have 4 Man Utd players in the first eleven, 5 at a push if I swap Lloris with Henderson. I really really don’t see how United are superior to us, defensively they are, but in the other areas they’re not.
LOL clueless.

As if none of McTominay, Fred or Pogba don't walk into our lacklustre midfield who haven't controlled a game all season.

Reg over Shaw is nonsense based on Reg's first month here - he hasn't reached those heights since.

I think the first half was fine yesterday. We looked calm and aside from one shite clearance from Dier and the VAR incident, I didn't feel we had any problems. We scored a great goal and looked decent.

As usual, our issue is in the second half. When United went up a gear to get back in the game, we couldn't cope with it. After they scored, the manager's instinct was to introduce our worst player and play him in the most important position on the pitch. The players who could have got us back in the game were ignored. So it's the same old story. Players who aren't good enough to handle an aggressive opponent and a manager who always thinks safety-first, no matter how desperate we are for 3 points.

Also special mention to Dier, Rodon and Reguilon who don't seem to understand how offside works these days. You play to the whistle and if it's offside it will be given after the play is over. You don't stand still with your hand up waiting for the linesman to defend for you. They left it to the linesman to stop Fred from scoring when they should have just followed the ball and been ready to clear. It's insulting to Hugo that they had accepted the goal going in before he even made the save. You should never accept that a goal is coming until it goes over the line. If just one of the three had followed the ball the goal never happens.
I don't get why Sissoko is still seen as a safety-first option. Maybe 2 years ago you could make the argument.

Now 9 times out of 10 we fall apart when he comes on. Truly bizarre.

.... Next year the other teams won't see our success coming until we are out of sight with silverware in our crosshairs.

#TrustInTheWinner #EnjoyTheProcess #WinningIsAboutTheJourneyNotJustTheDestination
'Next year will be our year' is actually the clubs motto for the last 20 years or so . Another excellent Enic creation.

LOL clueless.

As if none of McTominay, Fred or Pogba don't walk into our lacklustre midfield who haven't controlled a game all season.

Reg over Shaw is nonsense based on Reg's first month here - he hasn't reached those heights since.
Reggie is the same reggie as before. If his crosses work out he looks good. Other than that, he is bad at defending , poor ball controll, gives it away when pressed slightly, falls over with the slightest touch. People just think he is great because he is new.

Fred and Mctominay are okay but Pogba is better than all of our CMs.

LOL clueless.

Yeah calls me clueless, but has no idea that the same Man Utd midfield under Mourinho has done pretty much the same as our midfield this season.

And Shaw’s done well for a couple of months, it’s not like he’s been solid for a year. The reason why I can go with Reguilon’s solid month(s) at Tottenham.

Reggie is the same reggie as before. If his crosses work out he looks good. Other than that, he is bad at defending , poor ball controll, gives it away when pressed slightly, falls over with the slightest touch. People just think he is great because he is new.

Yeah the jury is definitely out on Reg. I think he's overrated because he's pacey and people were sick to death of watching Davies so anyone quick was seen as a massive upgrade.

Yeah calls me clueless, but has no idea that the same Man Utd midfield under Mourinho has done pretty much the same as our midfield this season.
They still finished 2nd and won a couple of trophies though. Since we are assuming Mourinho was making them play bad, their CMs were obviously better than our ones that they could overcome bad coaching/tactics and still win so much.

They still finished 2nd and won a couple of trophies though. Since we are assuming Mourinho was making them play bad, their CMs were obviously better than our ones that they could overcome bad coaching/tactics and still win so much.
They did because they were still sorta coached (by Faria). When he left, it went to shit.

LOL clueless.

But but but....

We have a great top four squad

Yeah the jury is definitely out on Reg. I think he's overrated because he's pacey and people were sick to death of watching Davies so anyone quick was seen as a massive upgrade.
And anyone who would dare to try and dribble past the opposition and put a decent cross in!

What does Ben do?

I think the worst part was Roy Keane spewing some mythical shite about a "soft DNA" for over 40 years then the man that bloody defends us is Jamie Fucking Redknapp the biggest moron of them all. Made us look even worse.

And anyone who would dare to try and dribble past the opposition and put a decent cross in!

What does Ben do?
Even Ben Davies wouldn't have looked as shit at the third goal though. Going one way while the attacker went the other was laughable.

Decent winger, shit defender, people can disagree all they want, but it won't make him a better player.

Even Ben Davies wouldn't have looked as shit at the third goal though. Going one way while the attacker went the other was laughable.

Decent winger, shit defender, people can disagree all they want, but it won't make him a better player.
Maybe a wing back then and not a FB?

People might say the same about Doherty though

Maybe a wing back then and not a FB?

People might say the same about Doherty though
It's the fact that it's obvious to anyone with eyes that the guy can't defend but somehow the consensus on this board is that he's prime Bixente Lizarazu because...well, because he's not Ben Davies.

Two of our new signings are rated as great players only because they replaced hated players, not because they are any good.

What a load of shit.

Its laughable watching fools cry about Reguilon. He has been great all season, after being great last season making the La Liga team of the season. People don't rate him just because he is better than Davies they rate him because of his great play and talent.

Yesterday was supposed to be some awful game from him and he was one of our better players and certainly better than Aurier at RB. He was fine defensively, not great but fine.

The attempted scapegoating and rewriting history with Reguilon is laughable.

It's the fact that it's obvious to anyone with eyes that the guy can't defend but somehow the consensus on this board is that he's prime Bixente Lizarazu because...well, because he's not Ben Davies.

Two of our new signings are rated as great players only because they replaced hated players, not because they are any good.
Igula constantly disagreeing though if he watched the match back yesterday he would SEE WITH HIS OWN EYES

1st Goal, drops deep and plays Cavani onside. Stands with his hand up and allows Fred to run past him and score.

2nd Goal, caught in no man's land and then rushes towards Fernandes, gets nutmegged thus taking himself out of play and allowing the cross for the goal.

3rd Goal, simply shite. Greenwood does a step over and Reguilon, well fuck only knows but he buys it hook line and sinker and lets Greenwood stroll past to score.

All this a week after he failed to jump for a cross allowing a free header back across goal to allow Newcastle to score.

Gonna be interesting how he blames Sanchez for yesterday.

Zidane isn't stupid.

Back
Top Bottom