The Mighty Spurs vs Everton, 12th May 15.00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Give Skipp, Dier, KWP, Sanchez and Gazzaniga a run out. Sissoko, Rose, Vertonghen on bench just in case.

We need to take the game seriously. If it looks comfortable, sub off Eriksen, Dele and Lucas in the second half.

The CL Final is 3 weeks away. The last thing we need is a few early goon goals and we’re under pressure. I want a win and a strong team.

The CL Final is 3 weeks away. The last thing we need is a few early goon goals and we’re under pressure. I want a win and a strong team.
Exactly - risk of injury is the only reason not to play a strong team. And like Neres getting injured in warm up for Ajax, it can happen at any time.

3 weeks if anything is too long. At least we know it will be full of media wanking over Liverpool and them building themselves up into a frenzy - works for us. Absolute last thing we need is the bottle of all bottle jobs and having to win the CL final to stay in it next year.

Happy to be underdogs, not desperados.

As the result doesn’t really matter, barring a complete hammering of course, it stands to reason no player carrying any sort of knock should be risked and the rest wrapped in cotton wool.....However keep in mind quite a few of these players we may never see play at WHL again.
Alderweireld?
Eriksen?
Vorm?
Llorente?
Wanyama?
These are the obvious ones for different reasons....then we have the potential exits of:
Trippier? Heavily linked with Everton/Napoli.
Aurier? Heavily linked to various clubs.

And then there’s the outside bets:
Lloris?
Dier?
Lamela?
Rose or Davies?

Obviously not all will leave, probably 1/3 of them at most, some will be disappointing to see leave, some we understand. But this might be the last league game we see this squad together, so let’s give them all a rousing thank you regardless of personal opinion and a massive thank you for June 1st 2019....COYS

Even with an eye on the CL final, we aren't going to put out some sacrificial team.

Already Winks, Vertonghen, Kane, Aurier, Sanchez aren't likely to play and most seem like they will return for the final. Oh and Son and Foyth are suspended.

I think it's good to keep them sharp.

Lloris/KWP/Toby/Dier/Davies
Sissoko/Skipp
Eriksen/Dele/Lucas/Lamela

Don't know what the squad will but but in my humblest of opinions Eriksen is a MUST SIT. He has to have the most mileage out of anyone on this team. Tempted to rest Toby too, but don't think we can with Jan picking up a knock.

Starts for match fitness: Sonny, Lamela, Dele, Dier, Wanyama, Foyth, Llorente.

I'd predict...

Edit: forgot about the red cards...

KWP - Toby - Sanchez- Davies
-----Dier --- Wanyama
---------Sissoko
Lamela - Llorente - Dele

Last edited:
Don't know what the squad will but but in my humblest of opinions Eriksen is a MUST SIT. He has to have the most mileage out of anyone on this team. Tempted to rest Toby too, but don't think we can with Jan picking up a knock.

Starts for match fitness: Sonny, Lamela, Dele, Dier, Wanyama, Foyth, Llorente.

I'd predict...

KWP - Toby - Foyth - Davies
-----Dier --- Wanyama
---------Sissoko
Lamela - Llorente - Son

Son and Foyth are banned after their red cards vs Bournemouth

Back
Top Bottom