The mighty Spurs Vs Manu K.O: 16:30 Sunday 14th May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is always a tough one. Berbatov? Sheringham? Keane? Bale? Modric? At what point does it become acceptable to leave for what, at least at the time, seemed like a bigger club?
I don't know, but all of these players were at other clubs before they joined us, so maybe their supporters felt the same at the time.

I think it would have been awkward for our ex players at relegated teams to attend. Shame though.

Was watching MoTD wondering if JJ was invited and, if not, whether it pissed him off that Davies was.

I heard JJ interviewed somewhere and he said he was invited but couldn't attend due to his MoTD commitment.

I think it would have been awkward for our ex players at relegated teams to attend. Shame though.

Was watching MoTD wondering if JJ was invited and, if not, whether it pissed him off that Davies was.

I'd imagine JJ had media commitments, done nothing to piss the club off and is our biggest supporter in the media so doubt Levy would put his nose out of joint by not inviting him.

I cried a lot yesterday.

I could not speak / sing when the parade of ex players took place. Archibald started it. How do we process the passing of time and how life has an impact on our heros ?

weirdly Berbatov and Keane both sent me into a spiral as did the arrival of Davids.

And I am on the train to work writing this and the sound of "Ginola, Ginola, Ginola...." is in my ears and I could cry again.

I don't have any real idea why Berbatov, would send me all teary. But he seemed to be very proud to be there. What a player. I'll forget the Man U move for today.

Keane. What can be said that adds to the legacy? Lots of negatives about the Liverpool move. But by Christ he had some great moments in our shirt and it was magic to see him and his son ( I assume )

Davids. Has there been a more significant of recent signings ? A pit bull and represents the turning point to returning Spurs to the top club positions.

Paul Stewart. Fucking marvelous. Will never forget his wembley goal ( and I pretty much remember all his goals what a player )

Ledley or Hoddle almost exactly the same level of love shown. That's Spurs. Right there, that is what we are.

Lovely chat for Gazza. Very emotional. The chant for Lennon earlier in the day also very special ( Get well soon )

Time to move on. I don't want to ! Fuck me today feels sad.

Last minute of the game, everyone is standing up around me, the noise is rising, I stand to join in...I feel a tap on my back. The person (human garbage) has told me to sit down. This is not first time...
I hope the people who sit behind read this and know how they have affected my experience at Tottenham. I can put up with the whining about the refs in their unapologetic, high pitched upper middle class accents. I always accommodated them. Sat down very quickly despite having my view hindered. I should not have been so kind.
When we were 5-1 up against Woolwich and about 3-4 rows were standing up in front I felt the same tap and some grinch women telling me to sit down. When I pointed to the people standing up in front she screeched 'that is not my problem'. Total bitch.
Fuck them they are the problem with modern football. 45 seconds left at the Lane and they tap. Ironically enough 5 seconds later the whole stand was up. Their arrogance and rudeness completely for nothing.

I always work on the principle if the person in front of me stands then I stand too (in order to keep my view), until such point everyone sits down again. I don't know why people get so pissed when someone in front stands up.

Beckham must have been in need a bit of self-publicity
I'm sure this was written with good intentions but misses the point i think. Smacks of 'band waggoning'.

Tottenham Hotspur

He needs the publicity alright, after his knighthood rant the 'brand' got tarnished badly. Although nothing sticks with the Beckhams does it, how many affairs did he have, including shagging his child's nanny? Fucking tosser.

I'd imagine JJ had media commitments, done nothing to piss the club off and is our biggest supporter in the media so doubt Levy would put his nose out of joint by not inviting him.

It just made me wonder, what with JJ saying our players should be paid double in the media a few days before

nobody gunna make a Leicester thread then :D! I think we should finish on a high and smash those pretenders ( I bloody hate them)

Oh, & 'East End boy' + 'massive Man U fan' = cunt in my book anyway.
one of the most over rated players ever to play, in my opinion, he was never world class in comparison to Cruyff, Pele, Maradona, Platini, for example. A one trick pony, who took a mean free kick and a decent corner. If he's genuine, then maybe he can give free lessons to Christian regarding corner kicks ... then Christian would be the complete player ;)

If anyone has a download link to the full game and pre and post match including the finale i would be grateful.

Needs to be archived this one.

So, caught up a bit but its midday and I need to get moving. On the actual game, so glad that Harry scored our last goal, fitting somehow. Thought the Mancs were going to spoil our day but thank goodness we held on and got the win and got to the end without losing a game at home. Trust us to make WHL a fortress right at the very end, quite Spursey really. Although second place is assured, hope we win our last two games and put a marker down for next season. We need to show everyone - current squad and opposition alike - that we mean business and we intend to continue making progress towards the very top.

Last minute of the game, everyone is standing up around me, the noise is rising, I stand to join in...I feel a tap on my back. The person (human garbage) has told me to sit down. This is not first time...
I hope the people who sit behind read this and know how they have affected my experience at Tottenham. I can put up with the whining about the refs in their unapologetic, high pitched upper middle class accents. I always accommodated them. Sat down very quickly despite having my view hindered. I should not have been so kind.
When we were 5-1 up against Woolwich and about 3-4 rows were standing up in front I felt the same tap and some grinch women telling me to sit down. When I pointed to the people standing up in front she screeched 'that is not my problem'. Total bitch.
Fuck them they are the problem with modern football. 45 seconds left at the Lane and they tap. Ironically enough 5 seconds later the whole stand was up. Their arrogance and rudeness completely for nothing.
Good job the people behind me were a little bit more understanding - I was like a jack-in-the-box all game yesterday. People who don't understand emotions were running high shouldn't have been in the ground, especially yesterday, and made room for people who do get it! I understand it can get frustrating when you are unable to stand yourself, but you can always look at the big screen for the few seconds that you lose the view.

Where we were sitting/standing the last 2-3 minutes of extra time everyone was standing and waving their flags which completely obliterated any view of the pitch. No one moaned, we were all shouting and cheering and just lapping up every minute of it. Normally when we are 2-1 up I am a bag of nerves but yesterday I just felt that it was going to be our day.

So, caught up a bit but its midday and I need to get moving. On the actual game, so glad that Harry scored our last goal, fitting somehow. Thought the Mancs were going to spoil our day but thank goodness we held on and got the win and got to the end without losing a game at home. Trust us to make WHL a fortress right at the very end, quite Spursey really. Although second place is assured, hope we win our last two games and put a marker down for next season. We need to show everyone - current squad and opposition alike - that we mean business and we intend to continue making progress towards the very top.
That's the thing with all the emotions flying about yesterday,we tended to forget the actual game a bit.Glad we cemented 2nd.I know no-one remembers the runners up,but not sure i could have handled the bollo should we have slipped down to 3rd from certain quarters.

Back
Top Bottom