The mighty Spurs Vs Woolwich K.O: 16:30 Sunday 30th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jonathan Liew writes, "At the highest level of the game, there is an irrefutable link between revenue generation, wage bill and performance. At present, Tottenham have the sixth-biggest wage bill in the Premier League, some way behind their rivals."

Whilst they sit second in the PL.

Let's take the example of the bigger budgeted clubs 4 of those having spent millions in transfers and wage bills are behind us. Money helps but it isn't the be all and end all.

BT's discussion on the game if anyone is interested.

Oxlaid Chamberlain ahead of Son? That's mental. Lamela is also much better than him, though I can see why he's not been picked as he isn't in people's minds. And as good as Koscielny is, he isn't as good as Vertonghen, he just isn't. When asked whether Jan should be ahead of him the answer was "No, Koscielny is Woolwich's best defender." Well, yeah, he is, but this is about a combined 11 not who is the best Woolwich have to ask the question about. Without bias, Sanchez is the only player they have who could force their way into the Tottenham starting eleven.

The bias is quite funny, I mean there was also the line "If Woolwich had won the league when it was there for the taking instead of Leicester then Ozil and Sanchez would have signed new contracts" - when were Woolwich ever in the title race last season? I don't remember that happening. It didn't.

They are trying, I'll give them that, they still had nothing good to say about Woolwich and a lot of good to say about us, but I don't understand these shows why they have three pundits two of which are Woolwich. It would be just as silly if you had two Spurs. One, makes good viewing but the other two ought to be neutrals.

I assume Sergeant Major Cooper is going off the fact that we are playing at Wembley next year and our record there has been questionable.

Let's wait and see how we do next season. I'm still enjoying this one. As Pochettino said the other week there are no guarantees in life. Today we have an opportunity to stick it to our old rivals.

To add to the "I had a dream last night" posts, no match pre-cog but I did dream that Daniel Levy was showing me round something (not the new WHL I don't think). All I can remember is that he had a full head of frizzy hair, a bit like Art Garfunkel back in the day, and a moustache.

I asked him about his barnet, "It grew back!" he replied proudly.

I'm taking it as a good omen

6yo son just gave me a picture he drew before I set off for the Lane - 5-0 in the rain, with Kane putting one in the top right corner past Cech

Somehow that just made me more nervous....

To add to the "I had a dream last night" posts, no match pre-cog but I did dream that Daniel Levy was showing me round something (not the new WHL I don't think). All I can remember is that he had a full head of frizzy hair, a bit like Art Garfunkel back in the day, and a moustache.

I asked him about his barnet, "It grew back!" he replied proudly.

I'm taking it as a good omen
Kafka eat your heart out

They'll be right up for this.
BUT we will be EVEN MORE up for it!

Last NLD at WHL...Keep in the title race (gap of 1, 2 or 4 points if we win depending on Chelsea's result)...Set a new club record for consecutive wins in the premier league...Kane win the golden boot...Continue toward equaling the 13 game winning streak record held by Woolwich and Chelsea, and beating that 14 consecutive league wins over two seasons that Woolwich hold...Finish above Woolwich...Stop Woolwich getting top four...

I think they work very hard but I really do think we will be too much for them.

Had insomnia last night thinking about the game. Last trip to the Old Lane for me. Gonna be emotional.

Don't normally drink but def need a few nerve-bracing pints in pub before hand - c'mon you bloody Toffees.

Bricking it but confident in the boys as well. This is a fucking must-win - nothing less will do. Don't think I've wanted to win a game more in recent memory given all the circumstances. COYS!!

Back
Top Bottom