The mighty Spurs Vs Woolwich K.O: 16:30 Sunday 30th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Had a dream last night we lost. Goon scum beating us 2-1. Spursy returns. I'm irrationally bricking it now.
SiSlWDN.gif

You know he's a Spurs supporter don't you?

And the reality is that he's pretty much right.
We already see the vultures circling to pick off our better players
TBH his view is too long-term for me. We are the top North London side at the moment and that will be confirmed for definite if we beat the scum today. End of. Right now I'm not thinking of 5 years down the line. It's like saying to a Leicester fan last season, "why are you celebrating? Over 10 years City will win more titles than you". Of course they will. Of course Woolwich should be ahead of us with their financial advantages. But they're not- and that's what counts. Football is all about this season. Doesn't mean you shouldn't plan for the future, and we are. But the fact is that if we beat the scum today we are confirmed as better than them.

Entirely agree with what you say, but to be fair to the article writer he's not really saying otherwise. The powershift has not happened yet. People base the idea that it has purely because we are currently ahead of them. But really you need to judge by wealth, number of fans, long term record and sustainability before simply saying the pendulum has swung, because like it or not these are factors that impact the force of a club, not just what happens on the pitch over the course of the season. However, since ENIC took over we have been on a steady trajectory to put us on, at the very least, equal footing with the scum. While we may not be there yet, there is no indication that our long term trajectory will not get close to achieving this, and the article recognises that we could well be in for matching them or overtaking them some years down the line. So I don't really think what he's saying is particularly unreasonable.
They are the bigger club. No doubt about that. But we are better than them at the moment and that's what counts for me.

I wouldn't want to be the bigger club than them, and have millions more followers of Twitter, all sorts of people all over the world who have very little to do with the club, gloryhunters all over England, every kid on every street corner of London wearing the replica shirt, loads of 'new' fans like the sort you see going to the Emirates every week. Fuck that.

I see us as the plucky underdog who is fighting above our weight to be competing at all with them, and that's how I'd like it to stay. And if we keep Poch I can see our success continuing no matter how many people like us on Instagram. Edit: can you even like something on Instagram? I don't know!

Not the day to discuss money and transfers only winning the Football match. Will not watch Chelsea in case it depresses me although I will look at the result. COYS

Planning on going down to the Bill Nicholson to watch today, worried it may get too busy/full though.

If it gets overpacked where else would you recommend?

They are the bigger club. No doubt about that. But we are better than them at the moment and that's what counts for me.

I wouldn't want to be the bigger club than them, and have millions more followers of Twitter, all sorts of people all over the world who have very little to do with the club, gloryhunters all over England, every kid on every street corner of London wearing the replica shirt, loads of 'new' fans like the sort you see going to the Emirates every week. Fuck that.

I see us as the plucky underdog who is fighting above our weight to be competing at all with them, and that's how I'd like it to stay. And if we keep Poch I can see our success continuing no matter how many people like us on Instagram. Edit: can you even like something on Instagram? I don't know!
Inevitably we will become like that if we continue to grow. That's the cost of being a bigger side.

Back
Top Bottom