The mighty Spurs Vs Woolwich K.O: 16:30 Sunday 30th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Inevitably we will become like that if we continue to grow. That's the cost of being a bigger side.

Our fan base is aging and we need to encourage a younger generation of fan to continue supporting our great club.

I took two of my boys to a Fooball party yesterday, they had their Spurs kits on and whilst we live in rural Suffolk there were a number of non-London related kids said they supported Tottenham because of the likes of Harry Kane and Dele Alli.

So many factors to consider in this match that it is impossible to know how it pans out.

Chelsea, Woolwich, the stadium, the stakes.

2 more home games but what 2 to have.

Lets hope we got the nerves under control whatever the circunstamces are before the match starts.

I am expecting Alli and Eriksen to be really influential.

TBH his view is too long-term for me. We are the top North London side at the moment and that will be confirmed for definite if we beat the scum today. End of. Right now I'm not thinking of 5 years down the line. It's like saying to a Leicester fan last season, "why are you celebrating? Over 10 years City will win more titles than you". Of course they will. Of course Woolwich should be ahead of us with their financial advantages. But they're not- and that's what counts. Football is all about this season. Doesn't mean you shouldn't plan for the future, and we are. But the fact is that if we beat the scum today we are confirmed as better than them.
Agreed, but then he is right if you think on those terms. His point is that for the balance to tip, it has to be capable of it being long term, to say convincingly that it has.
Doesn't mean we can't enjoy the moment though.

Busy already here in the Elbow Room.
COYS!
The drug mule business has it's perks mate, hope you skimmed a bit off the top to keep you awake....
giphy.gif

To everyone else who's going to be there today - we are so bloody lucky. Let's justify it with the noise we make. If you can't split your lungs with blood and thunder today, then you never will.

I've had a beer now, as you may be able to tell.

Would you say Poch is iraplaceable at the moment and for the foreseeable? Kane,dele etc can be replace if need be?
No one person is bigger than the club.But look how far we have come under him? For the foreseeable I wouldn't want anyone else in charge. He gets us,he gets that we moving forward as a unit,fans ,team and stadia. The players seem to love him. We would be mad to mess that up right now. That's my thoughts on it anyway.

I'm not buying all this 'this is a crap Woolwich team, beating them isn't as big as it could have been historically'.

Bollocks. As ever we're playing more than the 11 pillocks on the pitch. This is bloody massive.

I'm thinking that the magnitude of today's game might just work in our favour. The derby is always huge, but for us there hasn't been an interest in the title. Today our players will be thinking of the need for three points in the title race more than the rivalry. It might just ease the usual nerves a bit and help our performance.

Going out now. We just have to win today don't we? COYS!!!

Back
Top Bottom