The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur v. Watford||away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It is time for a change. 3 at the back is making us too static atm. I’d go for a daring 4-3-3, Lamela can’t play 90 minutes so we’ll shift formation in the second half

[formation=433, Hugo, Trippier, Sanchez, Jan, Davies, Dele, Winks, Eriksen, Lamela, Kane, Son][/formation]
Dembele to come on after 60 mins for Lamela
I like that but for some reason Poch won't drop Dier.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Trippier, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Davies, Winks, Dembele, Lamela, Eriksen, Son, Kane][/formation]

Dier, Alli, Sissoko out. All absolutely awful last night and have been so below par for weeks now. Rotate the full backs and get Lamela in there. Son should have started last night, i can't comprehend why Poch isn't starting him. He was our best player against Dortmund and WBA. Another "must win" game.
That is the team I would go with.

I feel so privileged to have seen that man, week in week out and at his very best.
Completed wasted by his country though.

Yeah Hoddle was totally under utilised by England.

But even now you get the impression had Pirlo been English he would have got about 25 caps at LM while any number of players got given games at DM/ CM.

England’s struggle to use football talent over pure physical capabilities is an issue throughout the game - kids, grassroots, professional. Livermore and Henderson current examples.

It is time for a change. 3 at the back is making us too static atm. I’d go for a daring 4-3-3, Lamela can’t play 90 minutes so we’ll shift formation in the second half.
WTF?
If anything it makes us too fluid, a back 4 is a more static and rigid formation. Our problem is that the 3 aren't communicating effectively and Dier is not a good enough replacement for Toby. Keep Dier on the right and Dave in the middle and it will be less flaky.
Oh and pay Toby what he's worth.
And keep Sissoko back to mow the training pitch or polish the seats at Wembley.

We need to harness the power of GHodd for this one...
The recent blip HAS to end here!

Hoddle v Watford 1983
...and the fight of Graham Roberts.
216b06f15be898fec1cbacca28fd3d2a_400x400.jpeg

Wouldn’t be surprised if we saw 4-2-3-1 today. Watford would expect 3-4-2-1, so it would spring it on them.

Watford won’t sit deep, they know they’re in with a chance of Europa League

Back
Top Bottom