The mighty Tottenham Hotspur vs. Burnley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Speak for yourself, I feel great. I just don't think it should distract us from the teams biggest problem, which is strength in depth. Our first team is awesome but our lack of depth has humiliated us in Europe recently. In just a few key positions we really lack quality options to rotate and that is a big problem with our team and I don't think it's melting or harsh to point that out because it's just the simple truth.

Its not really the truth though as highlighted by the fact we have won all seven games that Kane has missed this season. And that we just comfortably beat a team sitting 7th in the home form table, without Walker, Rose or Kane, while losing both Winks and Wanyama at 0-0.

Our back up has given us a shot at The Double, while Lamela has been out. We've coped without Jan, Toby and Dembele too. Our humiliation against Gent was with our first team.

I dont know how anyone can say we lack options to rotate after yesterday's reshuffle. We changed formation this season from the Chelsea 2-0 win, at a time we were sitting second having only lost two games.
How can you change formation without the staff?

Son is back up...Janssen, Winks, Trippier, Vorm, Davies too. We've lost three games all season, at Chelsea, Utd and Liverpool yet have barely fielded a full strength team the entire season. I dont know how we can be doing so well if the cover for Rose, Kane and Lamela etc is so poor.

Look at Chelsea's bench yesterday:
Begovic
Zouma
Loftas-Cheek
Willian
Batshuayi
Terry
Chabolah

Who's better than the back up we had playing due to injuries, and those on our bench?
How good do people think our subs should be?

Good enough to walk into any other top 4 first team it seems. Why would they sit on our bench?

RocketRonny RocketRonny , just a polite request...
It's time to change the thread title please!

For those who know their History,
"Burnley v Tottenham Hotspur"
has a certain classy ring to it.... (and yes, I did change the font to emphasise the point!

Don't ruin with mentions of Sheeps (sic.)

FFS!!:pochfacepalm:

Now I feel better.

images.jpg

Wait until we actually get closer....

I have a funny feeling Conte is currently rounding up his teams family members and having them held at knifepoint, can't see many other bad results for them
City, Utd and Bournemouth away could be tricky. Unlike last season l haven't thought for one minute we could do it - you're right - wait until we get closer, but who gave Palace a prayer today?

Yes. Dembele and Dier looked a better partnership than Winks and Wanyama which you'd expect.
I adore Winks, terrific player, very big future ahead of him. I get all nostalgic when I see him play as he reminds me so much of Steve Perryman both on and off the pitch, I think it's uncanny the likeness.

But he was struggling to stay on the ball and defensively easily bypassed. He certainly didn't have a shocker but he didn't impose himself on the game. Dembele was able to draw players towards him, those that were either marking or blocking passing lanes to Eriksen and Alli, then he can either beat that man and release to Alli/Eriksen or lay the ball off to Dier who can then supply the FB's or straight to Alli/Eriksen.

Hope Winks is OK, want to see him lift The Cup from the town hall balcony this season.

It isn't meaningless - it's professional football. The league, and the money that goes with it, is our bread and butter. Cups will come because of league success.

When we win our first one, i truly think we will go on to win a lot more. It's getting this team of youngsters across the finishing line a first time thats the difficult part.

Back
Top Bottom