The Morning After The Night Before

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mrs Perryman

Supporter
I'm a Cockney Malteser 👑
Well actually it's late evening but I got up late.
I've been a supporter for 50 plus years and have enjoyed / endured highs and lows, like most of us.
But this past week has had a really negative effect on me. Obviously I get annoyed / upset when we lose, but this is different somehow.
After the Sheff Utd game. the overriding emotion was sheer anger and luckily enough I had something else to do when we played Wolves.
Then last night, we didn't turn up yet again. Where's the hunger, where's the passion? We just surrendered without so much as a whimper.
I can take losing but not like that. There's no leadership on or off the pitch, it's absolutely pathetic.
The responsibility on how things have imploded has to be shared among the Board, the coaching staff and the players.
I honestly don't know how to fix it, but it's going to need a miracle.
So despondent, it's untrue, but I'll be there for Forest, and all the the rest of the home games until the end of the season. I'll probably renew for next year too.
Just wanted to vent really to people who understand where I'm coming from.
TTID (God help me!)

I've been a supporter for 50 plus years and have enjoyed / endured highs and lows, like most of us.
But this past week has had a really negative effect on me. Obviously I get annoyed / upset when we lose, but this is different somehow.
After the Sheff Utd game. the overriding emotion was sheer anger and luckily enough I had something else to do when we played Wolves.
Then last night, we didn't turn up yet again. Where's the hunger, where's the passion? We just surrendered without so much as a whimper.
I can take losing but not like that. There's no leadership on or off the pitch, it's absolutely pathetic.
The responsibility on how things have imploded has to be shared among the Board, the coaching staff and the players.
So despondent, it's untrue, but I'll be there for Forest, and all the the rest of the home games until the end of the season. I'll probably renew for next year too.
TTID (God help me!)

This.

But I am only doing 2 (possibly 3) more homes games and definitely won't buy an ST if offered.

After 55 years highs and lows of following Spurs I can't believe how apathetic I am to it all now. Which actually pisses me off.

The worst part of this season is how well all our rivals have been doing. United's 7-0 defeat to Liverpool has made it bearable for me to watch them now - there were some great goals in their game against Betis.

I couldn't bear to watch Woolwich in Europe. They will have paid their dues when Man City pip them to the league title.

Rarely do I get angry at results, just deflated and disheartened - but completely agree after the Sheff Utd game. I was fuming, and still fuming when we kicked off against Wolves. So I expected the players to also show something similar to how I felt, but didn't.

Then we have the biggest game of the season last night.. There were times in the first half it was actually like we were time wasting! Was sitting there thinking, 'when this carries on to 75, 80, 85 mins we will regret that lack of urgency'... infuriating.

There have been plenty of times I have been fed up with Spurs, but right now for me it is something different. Every performance like this I get more an more angry at how much we are paying in tickets for that tripe!

I feel my anger has ramped up a bit more after each of the last three games . I know you shouldn’t let it affect you that much but it does because we care so much . The very least supporters ask is to be entertained and sadly that just isn’t happening at the present time . The club needs a complete upheaval from top to bottom before things can improve . God knows how long that will take but getting someone in to play football on the front foot would be a very good start

Not angry, actually laughed about the whole thing. Total apathy from me at the moment, it’s a comedy show. We are customers to them to be milked while they provide crap.

The worst part of this season is how well all our rivals have been doing. United's 7-0 defeat to Liverpool has made it bearable for me to watch them now - there were some great goals in their game against Betis.

I couldn't bear to watch Woolwich in Europe. They will have paid their dues when Man City pip them to the league title.

Couldn't give a damn what our rivals are doing. I pay and turn up to Spurs games to watch Spurs. That's all that matters to me, the rest is just filler.

Maybe as I don't use any form of social media I don't really buy into the whole "rival banter" nonsense. The football world revolves around Tottenham for me with other teams playing each other as filler. Woolwich will win things again, so will Liverpool, Chelsea etc, what's the point worrying about the inevitable.

The club doesn’t deserve our support sometimes
The most worrying thing is, (financially speaking) they don't need it!!

They'll fill the ground with day trippers and tourists... Until all the die hard, long suffering LOYAL fans have either been priced out, or pissed off...

The atmosphere will suffer, but it won't matter, 'cos they'll still do the pre-match 'faux atmos' generating light show and pre-recorded Kenneth Bramnahh 'rallying cry' To Dare... is to DO! So that everyone can film it, and say "I was there"....

But 'there' for what?

There were two types of fan last night....

Those of us trudging out of the ground last night in the pissing rain/sleet, wondering why we bother, and whether this would be the last Champions League home game we ever witness...

...and those skipping merrily out, taking selfies, safe in the knowledge they'll just day trip it to The Emirates or The Etihad or St. James' next season to watch another Champions League 'home game'!

There's a big difference.... and sadly, it's getting bigger!

Absolutely fair play to Mrs P and all those that are still going. Not been since Wolves at home under Jose 3 years ago i'm so dissalusioned with it all, our owners, tedious managers and lacklustre players. Sheff Utd was the first time i've been angry for quite some time as the last few years have made me totally apathetic. But that one wound me up no end and the club is in serious trouble. It might not be reflected in league position at the moment but suspect things will get worse before they get better.

Couldn't give a damn what our rivals are doing. I pay and turn up to Spurs games to watch Spurs. That's all that matters to me, the rest is just filler.

Maybe as I don't use any form of social media I don't really buy into the whole "rival banter" nonsense. The football world revolves around Tottenham for me with other teams playing each other as filler. Woolwich will win things again, so will Liverpool, Chelsea etc, what's the point worrying about the inevitable.
I don't use social media either. I just watch other teams on TV sometimes.

Funnily enough, I began the season with hopes that Tottenham would mount some kind of title challenge so the fact that Woolwich are doing it is a bit of a sore point.

Rarely do I get angry at results, just deflated and disheartened - but completely agree after the Sheff Utd game. I was fuming, and still fuming when we kicked off against Wolves. So I expected the players to also show something similar to how I felt, but didn't.

Then we have the biggest game of the season last night.. There were times in the first half it was actually like we were time wasting! Was sitting there thinking, 'when this carries on to 75, 80, 85 mins we will regret that lack of urgency'... infuriating.

There have been plenty of times I have been fed up with Spurs, but right now for me it is something different. Every performance like this I get more an more angry at how much we are paying in tickets for that tripe!

There’s one person to blame imv

:contelol:

He’s laughing at us and all the way to the bank

Complete fraud as evidenced by the Sanchez substitution but prior to that the stubborn refusal to change his system or to give players that he didn’t like, Spence, a chance!!

Yes Levy is also culpable but Wiggy can fuck right off imv

TTID (God help me!)
Luv ya, Mrs P, and gave that a like for all but the last few lines.

For me, not a penny more goes to this club, until Levy/Enic are gone.

Con Artists.

I think, if we’re honest, what is making this truly unbearable is the likely prospect of the scum winning the league. They’ve been so shit, for so long and have just pulled an absurd season out of their arses.

Compounded with our persistent incompetence.

I honestly don’t think there’s a more exasperating team to follow in all of sports. I know that there are thousands of teams that never get close to Spurs’ levels, but that means they’re never burdened with the worst fucking emotion going; hope.

I don't use social media either. I just watch other teams on TV sometimes.

Funnily enough, I began the season with hopes that Tottenham would mount some kind of title challenge so the fact that Woolwich are doing it is a bit of a sore point.

Yeah fair enough, I know one of my younger brothers is active on social media and its obvious by the terminology he uses when talking about Spurs. Got into a mini row with him when he was one of those going on about "I hope City beat us to catch Woolwich". I just don't understand it, and accused him of having his mind swayed by the social media lot.

Having had my car in repair for a few weeks recently I had been reliant on taxis, and the vast majority of the cabbies I had were gooners. Last one was a season ticket holder for 40+ years moaning about Ryan Air putting the flights to Portugal up 10x this week and season ticket pricing. But we had a good chat, although I was slating Spurs he was telling me that he can see us winning things soon, actually prefers us to succeed rather than the likes of Toon or City, and generally find this with proper, home and away fans. They are a different cut to the twats on Twitter that only seem to care about 'rival banter'.

Luv ya, Mrs P, and gave that a like for all but the last few lines.

For me, not a penny more goes to this club, until Levy/Enic are gone.

Con Artists.
Fair play to you and others that feel the same. I'm not going to stop going to games, however I will stop the merchandise purchases and food and drink at the stadium (although I did have to buy a cuppa last night as I was cold, wet and miserable).

There’s one person to blame imv

:contelol:

He’s laughing at us and all the way to the bank

Complete fraud as evidenced by the Sanchez substitution but prior to that the stubborn refusal to change his system or to give players that he didn’t like, Spence, a chance!!

Yes Levy is also culpable but Wiggy can fuck right off imv
Have to agree. I'm a patient person and can't think of any/many managerial sackings under Levy which I didn't think came too soon for one reason or another, but now is probably the first time I actually want to see a manager go that's still in charge.

Yes his style of football is boring but it's not even that.. It's his attitude towards us. We fucking love this club and stick thousands in every year supporting them. Money that isn't always easy to find but it means so much to me anyway. My life is literally planned around Spurs. My girlfriend knows our fixture schedule better than me because she knows any little plans of going out / shopping etc, the first thing I say is "when are Spurs playing", and right now I feel like its being spearheaded by an Italian that really doesn't care about us, and honestly feel like he was somewhat sympathetic towards an Italian club knocking us out - it had shades of last season when we didn't lay a glove on his old Chelsea side over 2-3 games early 2022. He gave me the impression with his words and body language that he almost wanted the opposition to win.

TTID (God help me!)
why do you think neutrals call it 'spursy'. the clubs soft from top to bottom, even the fans are soft.

sheff united beat us apparently with their second string. that tells you all you need to know, they might not be as good technically but they have actual men in their side, we have pampered little meek boys. the ones we do have that are up for a war like romero and rich, get slated by their own fans. this club gets what it deserves.

Back
Top Bottom