The Morning After The Night Before

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mrs P , is a glorious example of a true legacy supporters , loyal , goes rain or shine , and tenacious . A true example. For someone so steadfast to question everything about the club , shows the rot is a cancer .

Unfortunately the road forward will always be a mess , there will be small pieces of joy but nothing will come to fruition. Poch will give some light relief, buy the hericharcy some time but always it will crash and burn.
I think for all our wellbeing it's better to distance ourselves from this perpetual cycle of misery and let the club fill their their stadium of fiscal glory with tourists, Son fans and the half hearted.

Sadly l have felt for many years that this club has nothing of the swashbuckling bravado ethos of yesteryear.
Unfortunately for her and others, the cancer is ENIC themselves, they have created this mood/atmosphere with their mismanagement.

For me I got a big dose of perspective with the 'do we want to be bought out by an oil country or whoever debate.'

It raised a lot of questions I hadn't thought about. I'll summarise:

- if we get bought out, does any of it count?
- everyone else is being bought out, it's the only way we can compete
- isn't it good we haven't been bought out
- the premier league sold out a long time ago anyway

And in up to date issues:

- it really is a club run by accountants with the actual football very far down the list, since Poch and Redknapp the club has actively gone against its motto of 'audere est facere,' and pursued 'anti football.' It's dreadful to watch and go-karting or whatever is the latest thing is salt in the wounds.
- the cup defeats/ performances are inexusable and strike me as a clear sign the board is not interested in the fans and are happy to remain a top four team, nothing more.
- it seems all Conte has done is slag off the club and say how impossible it is to turn it round in two years yet demands an open cheque book and has done little to signal he is interested in even staying two years, despite the fact he usually only stays anywhere for two years.

What makes it hard:

- In recent signings: Kulu, Bentancur, Romero, Royale (now) along with emerging talents Skipp and Sarr, and stalwarts Kane (absolute legend) and Son - we've got some incredible, incredible players. That's 8 out of a team of 11!
- It's always Spurs. It has to be spurs. They will come good again. It's so close you can taste it.
- Despite all of it, I do enjoy taking the boy because he absolutely loves it but this season has been impossible to get tickets, only managed a cl game (which was great tho) and fa cup game.
- Still fucking expensive

In conclusion, I'm taking a break. I didn't watch the last game and don't think I'll go out of my way to watch any more this season. I'm tired of the merry-go-round. Isn't it madness to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result? I'm also hopefully buying a place in Leytonstone very soon and as such have been enjoying going to the O's with the boy instead recently. They play football there.

I think Expressions said it best, to paraphrase: 'Spurs are like an estranged father, they turn up when it doesn't matter.'

Still love 'em tho. The wankers.

Last edited:
For me I got a big dose of perspective with the 'do we want to be bought out by an oil country or whoever debate.'

It raised a lot of questions I hadn't thought about. I'll summarise:

- if we get bought out, does any of it count?
- everyone else is being bought out, it's the only way we can compete
- isn't it good we haven't been bought out
- the premier league sold out a long time ago anyway

And in up to date issues:

- it really is a club run by accountants with the actual football very far down the list, since Poch and Redknapp the club has actively gone against its motto of 'audere est facere,' and pursued 'anti football.' It's dreadful to watch and go-karting or whatever is the latest thing is salt in the wounds.
- the cup defeats/ performances are inexusable and strike me as a clear sign the board is not interested in the fans and are happy to remain a top four team, nothing more.
- it seems all Conte has done is slag off the club and say how impossible it is to turn it round in two years yet demands an open cheque book and has done little to signal he is interested in even staying two years, despite the fact he usually only stays anywhere for two years.

What makes it hard:

- In recent signings: Kulu, Bentancur, Romero, Royale (now) along with emerging talents Skipp and Sarr, and stalwarts Kane (absolute legend) and Son - we've got some incredible, incredible players. That's 8 out of a team of 11!
- It's always Spurs. It has to be spurs. They will come good again. It's so close you can taste it.
- Despite all of it, I do enjoy taking the boy because he absolutely loves it but this season has been impossible to get tickets, only managed a cl game (which was great tho) and fa cup game.
- Still fucking expensive

In conclusion, I'm taking a break. I didn't watch the last game and don't think I'll go out of my way to watch any more this season. I'm tired of the merry-go-round. Isn't it madness to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result? I'm also hopefully buying a place in Leytonstone very soon and as such have been enjoying going to the O's with the boy instead recently. They play football there.

I think Expressions said it best, to paraphrase: 'Spurs are like an estranged father, they turn up when it doesn't matter.'

Still love 'em tho. The wankers.
We win tomorrow we could be 3rd fuck knows how! Who ever we get in as manager will
Love to have Harry in our team!
Iv been coming over here since 1977 +he’s the best since Greaves! I believe for the right man Kane will stay

Back
Top Bottom