The new poch out poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes poch out

Votes: 172 44.6%
  • No poch stays

Votes: 214 55.4%

• Total voters
It's disingenuous to transcribe the exact words of someone speaking in their second or third language, more so when you omit some of the words said that add context. Normally journos "tidy up" what non-native speakers say, correcting their mistakes, so when Pochettino says "I think we performance well" it gets reported as "performed well". Otherwise it looks like the person writing the piece is taking the piss.

If you listen to the actual answer to the hack's question (from 10:18 here) it makes perfect sense. You might not agree with it but it isn't the garbled ramble it seems when reproduced verbatim in black and white.
You live abroad.....me too.
Bit demeaning to put everything you disagree with down to the muddled language problems of the poor little old farmer boy from Argentina don’t you think?

You didn’t have any problems with this mystical language barrier when you claimed he was pleading for more signings despite him saying the complete opposite and he was happy with the squad.....

Bit demeaning to put everything you disagree with down to the muddled language problems of the poor little old farmer boy from Argentina don’t you think?

You didn’t have any problems with this mystical language barrier when you claimed he was pleading for more signings despite him saying the complete opposite and he was happy with the squad.....
Poor little old farmer boy? Why don’t you keep your criticism to the present? Your posts are virtually incomprehensible you poor little Swedish exile. You write ‘was’ and ‘wasn’t’ when you mean ‘were’ and weren’t’ almost as if you are trying too hard to be the hardcore little north Londoner you profess to despise.

Last edited:

Not for the first time you've missed the point and gone off on your own agenda.

I didn't say it was anything to do with a language barrier, rather that transcribing literally the words of someone speaking in a second language - anyone, Klopp or Mourinho (both of whose English is better that MP's), me, you... - makes what they say sound weird, when for those hearing it it sounded perfectly understandable.

The same thing happens with native speakers too, anyone who's done transcriptions knows you have to "clean up" what was said to make it readable, it's to do with the different linguistic characteristics of spoken and written discourse.

But being a smart chap you know that of course

sammyspurs sammyspurs in absolute RUINS

He did the same in Poch's second season only to flounce early into the season because he had a poor start the manager was 'shit' - only to return few weeks before May when we were nailed on to finish Top 3 and pretended like he was on the train all along. Shameless melt. It's all there in his posting history - that Swedish arm-chair must be proper banged up by now

This nonsense if so infuriating.

The reason Pochettino & trophies is an issue for so many, is becasue we've actually had real opportunities to win one. This isn't wishful thinking. Over 6 years, this squad has been more than capable of winning something and have been in positions to do so.

Since he's been here, we've been to a League Cup Final, League Cup Semi-Final, Two FA Cup Semi-Finals & a Champions League final. We've also been one win away from going top of the Premier League (where all we had to do was hold on to a 2 - 1 lead against a 10 man Woolwich).

Whether we got there because of / in spite of ENIC is completely irrelevant. The point is, we got there.

On every single occasion, we have fucked it.

United FA Cup Semi, Chelsea FA Cup semi & CL final. Those three haunt me.

Me too mate

I fumed at all of them at the time and still feel that way

While this fraud is still our manager we will win fuck all but I don’t seriously think we’ll flirt with relegation
Probably the best we can hope for with this managerial team is 10-12th which is disgraceful for a club such as ours

But will slope down the pub tonight and cheer us on as I always do

He's right. I'd far prefer to watch really good football even if the results aren't always in our favour than watch the present team lumbering around like a bunch of middle aged men and maybe sniffing a far off trophy.

And more interested in passing sideways or backwards rather than forward or into the box where Harry or Sonny are screaming for a pass
We do this continually even after we’ve broken out from our half after one of Sissokos majestic runs
You can see gaps in the opposition’s defence begging for a decent through ball but oh no, we get to anywhere near their penalty area the player in possession be it Rose, Davies, Aurier, Winks or whoever stops, looks up and passes it sideways or backwards
CE used to be the one playing the through ball but not now

Boils my piss!!

You keep getting involved with an argument not involving you & keep missing the point. They aren't saying he did well for 3.5 years.
I am making the point based on them saying poch has been shit for us & been a failure as he didn't win us any trophies. As well as them listing 101 reasons why poch is a crap manager.
So based on this logic, enic picked a crap manager who has performed shit & now they refuse to sack him.
You're probably best not replying to my posts as you jump in without knowing the whole picture.

No no I get it. It’s some kind of inception conversation where in order for your argument to contain any form of logic you need to warp the boundaries of reality.

Sounds like a fun exercise.

Sorry for quoting you again

Sammy hero worships the badge. Where do I puke? Who worships a badge? Worships, fucking worships? That must be the almightiest get out clause of all time.

Take inspiration from it by all means, but worship it? Nah - not when you despise everything else associated with it. I’m seriously at a loss to understand the drivel coming from SvenSpurs.

Last edited:
I've read that too. It's truly worrying that he's talking about an improvement in our game. He's either trying to just sound optimistic or he actually believes it, which casts a doubt whether he can identify and address some of our issues. But we kind of knew that already.
Poch surely knows Spurs supporters are not dumb enough to buy into that bullshit so one can only assume that he does genuinely believe it...and that is extremely worrying.

Last edited:
Poch is not bad at all speaking English. It’s good enough for the job. Mourinho’s English is funnier and he worked with bobby robson a bunch of years in the 90s and started to manage in chelsea in 2004.

Back
Top Bottom