The new poch out poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes poch out

Votes: 172 44.6%
  • No poch stays

Votes: 214 55.4%

• Total voters
Let's agree to disagree. Using your logic, if we get to a final it's thanks to enic, if we lose in the final it's the players/managers fault for not getting us over the line.
Also it's still the owners choosing this manager who can't get us over the line. Its still the players failing under these owners who we bought under there budget. Bigger budget & I think we get better players & win more.
I also think it's pretty clear enic are that bothered about us winning the domestic cups & Nor is poch.
Also I don't think enic back us enough on the pitch to compete with the likes of city & Liverpool & to win the bigger stuff like titles. But if you & others do that's fair enough. We all have our own opinions, no right or wrong.

that’s not what I think at all, they clearly haven’t backed us enough, stadium or not. We were so close in recent years. I’m just pointing out that we have been in a position to win more; 1 cup in 18 years only tells part of the story. But for more luck, it could have been more. We weren’t a million miles away.

He’s always going to back his players in public. As I do with my team at work. Any criticism is going to be done behind closed doors.
Totally agree in 'defending' them if attacked by rival teams or the media but making statements that are quite obviously not true do little for the player or team. Far better to admit that Eriksen is currently out of form but he's sure that he will return to his best very,very soon and has his total support and confidence.

Well Twitter is a pile of dog wank, but so is this place, and according to you so are the paying fans. So what are you saying? That the only opinions worth listening to are you, Five, Baz and a few others I can’t recall at the moment? Your desire for power and influence on this matter is unsettling to say the least. You do realise that 99.9999% of Spurs fans don’t give a shit what you think? And 99.9999% wouldn’t even consider you as a fan at al

You’re a critic - you’re a journo.

So is Poch a genuis to wait till Lo Celso, Sessengon and Tanguy are fit and settled before playing them?

Or a villain for not playing them sooner?

In my opinion you get match fit by playing games. These guys should have been on the pitch more often and sooner.

Mate, let's wait until the weekend, we might not even see them on the pitch knowing Poch lol.

We need to start the team we started tonight imo, consistency is key and that team has earned it.

So is Poch a genuis to wait till Lo Celso, Sessengon and Tanguy are fit and settled before playing them?

In my opinion you get match fit by playing games. These guys should have been on the pitch more often and sooner.
Tanguy has been playing quite regularly. The others have had injury and fitness concerns. You don’t play injured or unfit players. Hopefully we’ll see a lot more of the three of them. They clearly added a freshness to the dynamic, and LoC and Tanguy were seeking each other out in the middle of the park. All looked promising.

Definitely a villain for not playing them sooner. We are 10 points behind fourth place and would have been closer had it not been for his bizarre selections.

There is no way that the team he played tonight would have lost at home to Newcastle, drawn at home to Watford and drawn with Everton.

This result doesn’t make me change my mind from Poch out to in but rather makes me question his judgement and ability even more because we have all been able to see he has been picking the wrong team. Having said that this was a proper Spurs performance but let’s see which team he picks at the weekend

We can fill in hundreds of pages deciding who's ready to play and who's not. The reality is that nobody more than Poch knows

Tonight we started having a fucking great glimpse of what we can be and how we can move forward. A bit more patience, a few ups and downs for a few games more maybe (maybe), but we are moving into the right direction

Foyth, Sess, Lo Celso, Ndombele need to be playing regularly.

The play from Sessegnon was great for Eriksens goal. We desperately need someone that can run in behind then find a team mate in the box.

This season we need to give as much time to Gazzaniga, Foyth, Sanchez, Dier, Sessegnon, Sissoko, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Dele, Son, Kane as a starting XI and we need to ensure that the likes of Lucas, Winks, Skipp, Lamela & Parrott are used wisely for the right rotation/ sub roles to keep them all buzzy and sweet.

Sadly we have money to be made selling off a fair few on the fringes, mostly Aurier, Walker-Peters, Rose, Eriksen in January, hopefully Wanyama as well. We have all seen the right team moving forward tonight, bar Rose I feel so he needs to stick with it now and tell the others it's their job to get better and to use this XI.

As it stands Lloris has a job on his hands getting that number one spot back. It's about time we had a squad where nobody is guaranteed a start and it was great to see a few step up tonight.

Last edited:
It was great to see the new signings get a run out last night.
And quite funny to see some of the people saying the window was a disaster and Poch was let down, lauding them.

If he reverts to the class of 2018 again this weekend, I hope these same people have the decency to not revert to the fake notion that he wasn’t backed and all this is a result of a window 20 months and a whole season ago.

If he builds our midfield around Lo Celso and Ndombele we are into something big.
If he doesn’t, well how can anyone support him.

Back
Top Bottom