The Newcastle Yo-Yos vs. Wembley Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't know what to expect but the way we finished last season off has made me more excited than usual. Three points any way possible would be perfect to be honest. A lovely opening day surprise to get the ball rolling quicker, given the last couple of starts.

We'll smoke 'em.

The Barcodes will be "reeet" up for it, but if we perform i think it could get rather messy

(They seem to be struggling to strengthen so we could essentially be facing a championship side.)

Lloris
Dier - Toby - Jan - Davies
Winks - Dembele
Sissoko - Dele - Eriksen
Kane

This is assuming to worst case scenario (Wanyama and Son both out).

Saw someone picking Newcastle to finish 9th this year. Seems a bit generous - I don't see them competing with the 8-10 teams. More like a Bournemouth to me, at least this season.

Saw someone picking Newcastle to finish 9th this year. Seems a bit generous - I don't see them competing with the 8-10 teams. More like a Bournemouth to me, at least this season.

Prob they have is that their best players have already either shown they're not good enough for the EPL or they've left... Can't see how they won't struggle unless they bag a little bit of quality to add to the mix.

TBH, I think where we finish will be the only caviat to the natural financial order this season.

Why is Dier becoming a scapegoat.....

Walker the popular choice of a weak link gone, so we need a new one?

He's a brilliant and versatile asset to the team. An unquestionable starter every week as far as I'm concerned

Nothing much works with Dier's sloppiness on the football pitch. He's becoming a vulnerability we need to plug.
Dier's not a right back, but I don't agree with your anti Eric sentiment. He is a future skipper in my book. I know Spurs is all about the pretty stuff, but I have to confess I love it when he gets stuck in (Chavs away). He's obviously not for you, so I suggest we agree to disagree.

Why is Dier becoming a scapegoat.....

Walker the popular choice of a weak link gone, so we need a new one?

He's a brilliant and versatile asset to the team. An unquestionable starter every week as far as I'm concerned

It's got nothing to do with being a "scapegoat" I comment on what I see on the pitch end of. Dier is versatile but a long way from being brilliant. He's only an unquestionable starter if Victor is unavailable for selection, on current form that's how it is & should be. I'll be happy if he can eradicate the sloppiness and prove me wrong, but it's happening too frequently for my liking not only for us but also England.

It's got nothing to do with being a "scapegoat" I comment on what I see on the pitch end of. Dier is versatile but a long way from being brilliant. He's only an unquestionable starter if Victor is unavailable for selection, on current form that's how it is & should be. I'll be happy if he can eradicate the sloppiness and prove me wrong, but it's happening too frequently for my liking not only for us but also England.

Fuck England.... Since hes been with us hes contributed massively. Like many players before him, his versatility is a detriment to his consistency but his extended spells at DM and RCB depict a player that is absolutely good enough for us.

Back
Top Bottom