The Non League Football Thread ⚽

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Big news in Dagenham, and likely here at home for me. Freund was hoping to get public money to build a stadium for the local club here which did not materialize. I think this is a signal that he's getting out of the sport all together and our local club is likely to fold.

Alternatively, maybe he's looking to sell to finance a new ground here. But I'm not holding my breath.
Let's hope that it's the latter.

Official.

Stuart Maynard has left The Vale to become the new Head Coach at Notts County FC.

Notts County have activated the release clauses in the contracts of both Stuart and his assistant, Matt Saunders, agreeing substantial compensation for their services. Additionally, Stones’ first team coach Craig Saunders will be leaving to join Stuart and Matt, forming the new management team at the League Two club.

Maynard, 43, a former player for the Stones, returned to the club in 2019 as assistant manager to Dean Brennan. The duo spectacularly led the club to automatic promotion to the National League as champions of the National League South in their first season. Stuart took the helm as first team manager in 2021, and with part time resources in a full time league has secured 16th and 13th place finishes in his two full seasons in charge.

The board of directors issued the following statement: "As sad as we are to lose Stuart, he leaves with nothing but our best wishes and gratitude. There is great affection for Stuart and his management team across the club. They have returned the Stones to the pinnacle of non-league football after 32 years and established the club within the division, playing a brand of football that has drawn praise from many across the National League and the EFL. Our achievements as a part time club under Stuart since his appointment have inevitably attracted interest from other clubs, and we recognise that the opportunity to lead a club challenging for promotion to League One is impossible to turn down.

"Whilst everyone will miss Stuart, Matt, and Craig, our search for their successors commences immediately. We are committed to finding replacements who will build on the solid foundations that have been set and continue with the brand of football that has become synonymous with the Stones."

In the interim, first team affairs for Saturday’s National League fixture away at Rochdale will be handled by Alex Dyer and Chairman Rory Fitzgerald. The board of directors have immediately commenced with the recruitment process, speaking to suitable candidates to ensure a smooth transition and continued success for the club. Further updates will be provided when it is appropriate.

I wouldn't mind Andy Peaks from Tamworth.
Oooohhhhh We hate Tamwoth and we hate Tamworth
We hate Tamworth and we hate Tamworth
We are the Tamworth haters.

We (The Linnets) used to have a proper rivalry with Tamuff for some reason. One of the local "Ultra's" even had "We 8 Tamworth" printed on the back of his replica shirt at one point. The frisson wasn't helped when our player/manager Gary Mills (check his career on wikipedia!) left us to go to manage them. Wankers.

Last edited:
Oooohhhhh We hate Tamwoth and we hate Tamworth
We are the Tamworth haters.

We (The Linnets) used to have a proper rivalry with Tamuff for some reason. One of the local "Ultra's even had "We 8 Tamworth" printed on the back of his replica shirt at one point. The frisson wasn't helped when our player/manager Gary Mills (check his career on wikipedia!) left us to go to manage them. Wankers.
Most people know Tamworth because of the Tamworth Two. lso, I think that Tamworth was mentioned on the D.F.S. adverts in the '90s.

Sad to say that my old club Kingstonian are in desperate straits.
Bottom of the Isthmian Premier and homeless since Abramovich slung us out of Kingsmeadow for his women's team a few years ago.
There doesn't seem to be any one interested in investing in the club, let alone funding a new ground.
Terribly, terribly sad.

Bottom of the Isthmian Premier and homeless since Abramovich slung us out of Kingsmeadow for his women's team a few years ago.
There doesn't seem to be any one interested in investing in the club, let alone funding a new ground.
Terribly, terribly sad.
It is very sad. They’re pretty close to me. Or rather should be. Great club. Helped AFC Wimbledon in their dire hour of need and then we’re shafted by them and the chavs. Really hope they can recover. Kingston should have a decent side. And not just be lumbered with Chelsea Ws and Rs.

Terribly, terribly sad.
It's really sad, I remember going to Kingsmeadow in the 90's and early 2000's with Chesham, a really nice ground and an set up but when you lose your ground in non-league, it's a killer.

On a slightly more upbeat note my Chesham season has been good, winning against Walton & Hersham, this being the 8th consecutive league win at home leaving us 4 points clear at the top of the Southern Premier (same league level, different region as Kingstonian).

Unfortunately the club doesn't do media quite so well as W&H but there are even highlights for yesterday...

View: https://youtu.be/gC0sE3yzym4?si=X1HVkACOtjlocOhM

Back
Top Bottom