The North London Derby (Home)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sherwood knows that a strong committed, winning performance in The NLD can by players (and managers) a lot of forgiveness and credits for the future. I,m hoping TS gets this across to the players and the likes of Soldado, Bentaleb, Dembele, Chadli cash-in!

3-1. Home Win.

COYS!!

I'd love to say we can beat Woolwich, but until I see what Tim Tim is rolling out on gameday I can't. They are ripe for the picking IMO racking up injuries etc and they had less depth than us at the start of the season.

I dream many dreams.

Sometimes when I wake up I remember it was a good dream, other times I wake in a cold sweat.

Doesn't mean I stop dreaming.

we have approx 1% chance of winning.

That's enough for me to feel the nerves now, and we that's even before Thursday!

Those were the days. Seems like eternity now.

We average a much better league position now than we did then. I remember those days, the cup was great but the league was a nightmare. I just checked: 10th then 15th the following year.

IMO we have already turned the hardest corner. A couple of seasons with freak caricature managers is not going to make me pine for that era at all. We beat Chelsea back then because they were nowhere near the power they are today.

We have a bloody good team that has been run by one guy who can hardly read and write and had zero tactics, then a smooth
charlatan who had insane tactics, then by a manager who just got his swimming certificate.

Of all teams we could've come up against after the Chelsea game it had to be this one. I honestly have next to no hope at gaining a positive result, the way Sherwood spoke about the players after the Chelsea game sounded like there were deep issues within the squad and their overall mentality. Woolwich look alright at the moment, though them being knocked out of the Champions league could have some effect on their performance against us but I doubt that as I don't really think they thought they were going to get past Bayern in the second leg as it looked like they were going for damage limitation. They consistently bounce back from disappointing results this season and haven't really collapsed yet.

For those on here who are celebrating the fact that Ozil is injured and therefore not able to participate in the game against us should be careful as Rosicky is most likely going to be the replacement and whenever I've seen him play he impresses me with his general energy and pressing along with his direct play.

Two prolific and/or divisive posters in the bin likely past Sunday…

As long as Admin Admin remembers to disable registration to thwart goon trolls, this could be a rather peaceful NLD.

Which means we'll win? Surely a dicking could only come if we were also in full on meltdown.

Fucking Spurs. I had no expectations for this game then Sandro comes out and says they've all had an intervention with each other. If we go and thrash Benfica this game is going to piss me off royally again if we don't win it.

Hi guys,

New to the forum, been a reader for a while but thought I would start posting. What do you reckon for Sunday then is it a must win? In my opinion a draw wouldn't be good enough.
I was reading this article http://premstats.com/tottenham-v-Woolwich-do-both-teams-need-to-win/ and it made me realise what an absolutely massive game it is for both teams. Getting nervous already!

Thoughts?

Woolwich clearly right for the picking with all their injuries

A big win Derby win could do wonders for the clubs confidence.

Need to come out with some urgency and intent from the get go.

Of all teams we could've come up against after the Chelsea game it had to be this one. I honestly have next to no hope at gaining a positive result, the way Sherwood spoke about the players after the Chelsea game sounded like there were deep issues within the squad and their overall mentality. Woolwich look alright at the moment, though them being knocked out of the Champions league could have some effect on their performance against us but I doubt that as I don't really think they thought they were going to get past Bayern in the second leg as it looked like they were going for damage limitation. They consistently bounce back from disappointing results this season and haven't really collapsed yet.

For those on here who are celebrating the fact that Ozil is injured and therefore not able to participate in the game against us should be careful as Rosicky is most likely going to be the replacement and whenever I've seen him play he impresses me with his general energy and pressing along with his direct play.

That's because you watch him every week gooner troll boy.

Back
Top Bottom