The Once-Mighty Spurs vs Mancs - Sat 30th Oct, 5:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

mummy

We're not dead yet ...are we?
AocHAb1.jpg

The word that comes to mind is spankathon.

Can see Ronaldo scoring a brace, This will be the biggest backlash performance from them after they got drubbed by Liverpool and we have absolutely nothing about us at all.

0-4

the funny thing is, if it was Nuno's Wolves I'd back them.

with us though, it's like he trying to be something he's not and it's leading to confusing and no clear style or intention.

I'd almost respect him more if he just made us play like Wolves. go back three counter press etc ....

It's like he's being told he has to play a certain way and it's going against all his natural instincts so the players don't have a foggy

3-1 to UTD

Manager and players to thank the fans for their amazing support in a series of pathetic post match interviews

Tottenham Twitter account to post something about the club shop or one of our sponsors an hour or so after the match ends to much derision

A few nutjobs on here to continue banging on about the world class facilities and top 4 challenges

Take it to the bank

We've got a solid chance. They're seriously shit. I'm pretty sure Maguire and Shaw have been going in to games drunk lately, but there's always the 'Ole on the brink' factor where suddenly he puts together 3-4 results when needed.

Defence is a mess, midfield is just Fernandes and others who can't link with him because Ole hates Dutch people, and their attack has quality but they're all very samey, shot happy and selfish players unless they start Sancho.

Just a toss up over whose quality players actually turn up, basically.

Which United will show up? ..........The wounded animal or the puppy that likes their tummy tickled?

Lloris
Royal, Romero, Dier, Reguillon
Skipp, Hojbjerg
Moura,, Lo Celso or Ndombele, Son
Kane​

Subs: Ndombele or Lo Celso, , Gollini, Davies, Sanchez, Tanganga, Dele, Bergwijn

Not in Squad : Austin (GK), Rodon, Doherty, Winks, Gil (injured)

I'd expect the main debating points to be starting either Lo Celso or Ndombele. Maybe Ndombele starts against better sides with Lo Celso available from the bench..

Kane's lack of apparent effort is a problem. I do wonder if an option at HT is to bring on Dele in place of Kane, pushing Son up to striker with Dele providing much neeeded pressing if nothing else.

After a decent performance v Burnley I've kept Sanchez on the bench (Dier has been one of our best players so far this season so deserves the start) but I do feel sorry for Rodon who plays well at international level but has no chances at Spurs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom