The Once-Mighty Spurs vs Mancs - Sat 30th Oct, 5:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was defending those who booed to my brother-in-law and niece earlier, with the argument that people who pay "£1000+" deserve a whole lot better.

Is it actually £1200 for a lot of folks now? Where does that get you?

I'm in awe of people who commit that sort of money to our club, year in, year out, I couldn't on my budget. Not to mention the trips away (Mrs P and others like her getting home at 5 in the morning), the holiday time taken off to follow us abroad and so on.

It's utterly shameful how you're all treated.
It’s getting harder to follow. Like other fans I went to wolves away. I would have gone to Burnley the other day, but couldn’t make it. I’m scheduled to go to Everton next week. I messaged my mates after today and said I don’t really fancy going anymore. But who’s going to take my ticket now? We’ve decided to go to away games just for the day out rather than the football.

I probably have the second most expensive ticket in the ground. Today a lad in front of me left after 61 minutes. The guys sitting to the right of me were from Denmark, bought merchandise from the club shop, had a laugh at Ben Davies and left.

Against Villa the guy sitting behind me flew in from Helsinki, Finland. We’re got chatting after the game. He said he paid £72 for the ticket, £150 for a PCR test and then flights, hotel and food on top of that. He does this about 3 or 4 times. So the point is at the moment because we are still coming back from covid and crowds have been missing there are still enough tourists to get by. These aren’t your tourists who turn up just to see a football match. They genuinely love the club - you wouldn’t spend that kind of money if you did. But for the local fans like me who live a 30 min trip around the north circular, me not turning up to a game doesn’t really do anything. I’ll be at the vitesse game and that will be a better representation of the fans that go who literally go no matter what. If we were in league 2 those fans that turn up on Thursday would also turn up in league 2.

I’m going to complain because I have a right to as a paying customer. But I know full well that my complaints are futile because I’m part of the problem because levy sees £ signs.

All this leads me on to this. The fans that attend matches are different to the keyboard warriors on forums like this. The fans that attend have a higher tolerance threshold. However today I heard boos that were deafening. I have never heard boos like that from the normal match going faithful at spurs since George Graham days. Secondly I have never heard our fans actively sing for the manager and Levy to be sacked. That was easily the most toxic atmosphere I can remember at WHL. I’ve been a season ticket holder for 85% of my life. Today was more toxic than the Alan Sugar days.

There were fans today that could have left much earlier but they stayed just to boo at the end. I never boo, but I joined in today. That doesn’t make me less of a fan. In fact I was proud that fans booed, it showed passion and care for the club.

When the normal match going fans have turned then you know you’re in the shit.

A famous man once said: There used to be a football club over there.

Today I left the ground thinking of that quote!

Last edited:
Left home @ 2pm to attend today. Just got back. I can’t say that the 7 hours was in any sense life enhancing. I could have seen my friends without football.

To know where to start assessing the performance in a calm way is difficult. My throat actually hurts from the (pointless) screams of anger. And a headache is coming on.

Unprofessional. Insulting. Desperate. Tat.

Today a bunch of millionaires, who’s bank balance will not be hurt by 1p by pissing in our collective mouths, were sent out to defend an investment company’s assets. They subsequently failed to commit to anything close to an acceptable performance.

Want to know where this road can lead. Then go watch Sunderland till I die. There are likely a lot of similarities that will be far to close to home for comfort.

Nuno is a nice man. This is not a place for nice people.

Those of us who attended today paid to be insulted. That’s not part of the deal when these bastards demolished our stadium, packed us off to Wembley, flirted with Stratford etc, the pay back is no more restrictions and no more spitting in the face of your customers. They never read the script.

Around us today there were couples having pictures taken at 0-3 by Stewards, yes more than one set ! this is not football as a passion, life blood, this is day out bullshit. And ENIC have conned every single one of us into this hell. Stop the wheel I want to get off. This hamster is done.

I actually feel sorry for Nuno.

He’s not the right fit for this club, not good enough and completely out of his depth, but that’s not his fault.

Other than desperation on the boards part, it baffles me why he was even appointed in the first place

Just imagine all of this could have been avoided if Levy had just put his hand in his pocket and splashed a bit of cash to keep Pochs squad competitive.

Instead he sacked the fucker and brought 2 new headcoaches, a DoF and a bunch of rag tag no mark players in the space of 24 months.

Talk about getting fucking humbled. Humiliating for him. He’ll fuck up even more now that hes gunna want to prove hes still the big genius businessman

Last edited:
Fed up with all the negative Nancy’s on here

Utd are a top team with a top manager

I for one am proud that we have competed today

I reckon we can snatch 4th spot over a long season

Result was horrendous.

Romero was awful. At fault for the 2nd and 3rd goals. I think I prefer Sanchez with the amount of mistakes that Romero is making game after game.

But overall I thought the performance of the team was ok. We had at least as many chances as United. Possession was good. Just some shit defensive errors. And neither Kane nor Son able to hit the target.

Also, we had so many corners and did nothing with it. I don’t remember our last set piece goal.
What an awful take. Absolutely dreadful. Romero is the only one that makes tackles or can pass the ball forwards in the back 4.

mummy

We're not dead yet ...are we?
AocHAb1.jpg

[FORMATION=442,Biggest club shop,Joe Lewis,Donna Cullen,Paratici,Steve Hitchen,Daniel Levy ,Skywalk,Cheese Room,Under the lights,NFL franchise,World Class facilities][/FORMATION]

Hugo being thrown under the media bus apparently...
Nuno nowhere to be seen..... Some fans refusing to leave; assumed to be sticking around to give him pelters in the press area.
Airfixx Airfixx ,Mate, are you coming around to the fact that our owners are a pair of opportunist parasites with no interest in football, or are you still of the opinion they're doing a fine job at one of the biggest clubs in the country?

Listen. it's ok to admit you've been wrong, you know.
I, and I'm sure many others would have the utmost respect if you came out and admitted you'd misjudged them after all. Many others have done so and feel liberated.

Please. .Come to John

hugging-kiss.gif

Back
Top Bottom