The Once-Mighty Spurs vs Mancs - Sat 30th Oct, 5:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why did we even hire Nuno in the first place? I thought Levy said over the summer in his statement that we would be going back to free flowing attacking football at all costs , the ‘Tottenham way’? Pretty embarrassing how ineptly this club is being run right now.

This is the season when ENIC have finally been rumbled.
The season where we can all clearly see their plans for the future.
Surely no one can support them now.

I was defending those who booed to my brother-in-law and niece earlier, with the argument that people who pay "£1000+" deserve a whole lot better.

Is it actually £1200 for a lot of folks now? Where does that get you?

I'm in awe of people who commit that sort of money to our club, year in, year out, I couldn't on my budget. Not to mention the trips away (Mrs P and others like her getting home at 5 in the morning), the holiday time taken off to follow us abroad and so on.

It's utterly shameful how you're all treated.
I hung around after the game to allow the crowds to disappear… and ended up chatting to a few randoms including some lads across from Ireland and a family from Hampshire. They were all proper Spurs. All genuinely feeling the pain but coming back for more. It’s crazy how much people care and love the club. We’ve given so little tangible reward over recent decades. There’s a heck of a club there if we could just get some coherent leadership and direction from the boardroom to the training ground.

£1,200 gets you a seat behind the goal for 19 league matches. All cup games are extra. Even Woolwich Wanderers are more generous than that. It’s an utter disgrace how fans are treated.

After having slept on it, that performance still hurts, and this week will be spent avoiding all media.
I'm now off to church to ask God what have I done that is so wrong to have to put up with this!
Sad Classic Film GIF by Warner Archive

I personally can’t see us winning a game for a long time.

By my calculations, this time in 3 years we will be gearing up for an away game at Mansfield in League 2.

Coincidentally that will be the next time we win a match. 0-1 Dele penalty
Mansfield? Sounds like my kind of place.

A man's field. Not a wishy-washy girly field. A man's one, with nettles and brambles and proper man-weeds. None of your spineless, vegan Guardian-reading daisies and cowslips.

A field in which men can be men. Naked, as God intended.

Hello , my name is Graham Souness, I’ve been sacked by every club I’ve managed for being inept. Today I will be offering my expert opinion & talking tactics “

We are so fucking boring to watch. No attacking identity whatsoever. We must make so many neutrals turn off our games out of pure boredom. This United side turned up with shattered confidence and have barely strung together any moves yet we're 1-0 down at HT because we don't have a fucking clue.

Just do everyone a favour and get Nuno out after this. It's going nowhere. Even if we have two incredible moments and win 2-1, there's no plan or coaching to this side, there's nothing.

Back
Top Bottom