The Once-Mighty Spurs vs Mancs - Sat 30th Oct, 5:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I personally can’t see us winning a game for a long time.

By my calculations, this time in 3 years we will be gearing up for an away game at Mansfield in League 2.

Coincidentally that will be the next time we win a match. 0-1 Dele penalty

By my calculations, this time in 3 years we will be gearing up for an away game at Mansfield in League 2.

In 3 years time.. Dele would be more likely to be playing for Mansfield in League 2, than Spurs dropping down to League 2 and facing Mansfield tbh... : )

Mansfield? Sounds like my kind of place.

A man's field. Not a wishy-washy girly field. A man's one, with nettles and brambles and proper man-weeds. None of your spineless, vegan Guardian-reading daisies and cowslips.

A field in which men can be men. Naked, as God intended.

I wonder if we could take them by surprise and catch them cold with a couple of quick goals today, because if they've been paying attention to the media this week, they'll be thinking THEY'RE THE ONLY BLOODY TEAM IN THIS BLOODY GAME.

Come on guys and the two girls, 5.30 kick-off under the lights. let's be a bit more positive. 🙂
giphy.gif

Every fucking time I say to myself, " cant be bothered ", they drag me in again.
I dont know what to expect tbh. Just want 3 fricken points.

Yep.

Of course Varane is fit Any reason to face us and players find a way. He expects an easy evening and sadly is unlikely to be disappointed.

Hard to see how we win this game and I don't subscribe to the notion that United are a defensive shambles as opposed to having been embarrassed by a rampant Liverpool.

No idea how it will play out but Solskjaer by a country mile is under greater pressure.

Anybody with an objective eye knows Santo has been left to the devices of a wantaway striker and an under-equipped squad.

That said Santo has been quite emphatic about the need for committed players, so let's see how we go.

It would just be good to see two or three players playing consistently well. Just doesn't seem to happen and no team can be successful without that.

Last edited:
I would like to see him mix it up today…. Tanganga for Dier, Markanday for Lucas and Gill for PEH. I don’t think any of those three have been that bad, but just feel like some youthful energy might give the side and crowd a boost. They are also decent fellas and do a good professional job from the bench

More of a 4-1-4-1 formation with runners into the final third and less of a rigid 6-4-0 formation

Mansfield? Sounds like my kind of place.

A man's field. Not a wishy-washy girly field. A man's one, with nettles and brambles and proper man-weeds. None of your spineless, vegan Guardian-reading daisies and cowslips.

A field in which men can be men. Naked, as God intended.
Shrewsbury Town's old ground comes to mind, Gay Meadow.

My message to the lads today.

When you want it the most, there’s no easy way out
When you're ready to go and your heart's left in doubt
Don't give up on your faith
Wins comes to those who believe it
And that's the way it is

:tobyarm::tobyarm::tobyarm:

my lads mate (who watches Manure at home most games) says most folks and players eyes are drawn to ronaldo then as you look away the other forwards/attacking players have a lot of space
don't want to be fall into that trap

My message to the lads today.

When you want it the most, there’s no easy way out
When you're ready to go and your heart's left in doubt
Don't give up on your faith
Wins comes to those who believe it
And that's the way it is

:tobyarm::tobyarm::tobyarm:
My message to the lads today

Kick the ball into the Manchester Untied goal more often than they kick it into ours.

I don’t think Nuno is the right man for the job, but will I be there cheering him and the team on? Of course, I did the same with Maureen even though I despised him (well not at the games because of covid but you catch my drift)

Nuno isn’t the bad guy here, it’s Lewis and Levy, I think everyone needs to remember that

Back
Top Bottom