The Once-Mighty Spurs vs Mancs - Sat 30th Oct, 5:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

After having slept on it, that performance still hurts, and this week will be spent avoiding all media.
I'm now off to church to ask God what have I done that is so wrong to have to put up with this!
Sad Classic Film GIF by Warner Archive
Must have done something wrong in a past life, don't blame me I'm only relaying it from Eileen Drewery

After having slept on it, that performance still hurts, and this week will be spent avoiding all media.
I'm now off to church to ask God what have I done that is so wrong to have to put up with this!
Sad Classic Film GIF by Warner Archive

You chose to support Spurs. So it is your own fault. Or something. 😂

Have to say, Murphy Murphy ’s logic is why I don’t pray for football results. That response is exactly what I’d expect! It simply means I pray a lot more for assistance getting through life as a miserable and bitter Tottenham fan.

Not at all.

- Find Romero when Ronaldo plays Cavani through for the second goal.
- Find Romero when Matic plays Greenwood on goal. The big gap in the Spurs defence is because Romero was not where he was supposed to be.

He was out of position both times.
Probably because he was trying to do the work of two men...

It really is. I was very impressed with the way he made the wolves team play during his time there, they played with great intensity, heart and passion and for me even during the height of the champagne football Poch reign, it was a game I didn't feel confident going into.

The fact he was given a two year contract clearly indicates that he was a stop gap appointment, or at the very least they didn't see him as a long term appointment until he proved his worth at a bigger club. And with the lack of managers wanting to sign for us due to Levy's demands, I don't think it was a bad choice by any stretch. He's just not delivered at all has he. As I for one, thought he was worthy of the step up to a club like ours, but again, he's royally fudged things with the dross he has at his disposal by not implementing an identity in the team, apart from slow, timid football completely lacking in ideas.

If he lasts until Christmas, I won't be surprised, but as we all saw yesterday and in our previous game ad nauseum, the gent should be sacked with immediate effect!
A total victim. Hope he gets a job where he can do well and find his way. If/when he goes, I, for one, wish him the best whilst my loathing for the bald dwarf increases daily.

So a disclaimer before I post this that we were pathetic and deserved negative points. But anyway…

So this wasn’t brought up yesterday but I think Fred should have received 2 yellows on the same play yesterday and it was pretty clear.

He completely pulls back ndombele which was a clear yellow. However, advantage is played and he takes out the next player from behind to slow down the play. That’s a yellow too.

Awarding only one yellow is just bad refereeing. Fred already tried to stop the break and failed. He doesn’t just get to keep trying until play is stopped. He broke the rules multiple times and only was punished once because it was an atypical situation. These plays will continue to happen until punished.

Bad refereeing and lack of understanding of the rules.

That's a bit of a daft logic you have going on there. Spurs success came in the era before foreign coaches so that's the reason why, not because they're British.

That said, our squad has no identity at the moment. IMO, our best couple of years under Poch (who's not British) were when we had 5 or so England regulars in the team every week.
Those players turned up and fought.
Now Dier has lost it, Dele has lost it, we've sold Trippier, Walker, Rose and Kane is a useless sack of shit.
The foreign players seem to care more about making sure they're fit for international duty than putting themselves on the line for Spurs.

We're just a total shell.
Yeah, I get where you're coming from and agree wrt the players, it just struck me that, apart from Poch, and even Jol to a lesser extent, we've not had much to enthuse about with the foreign managers we've had.
I was banging the drum for Ten Hag but, after seeing the steady progression of Brighton under Potter, it's made me think that he really ticks every box for the rebuild we need, particularly as we all enthuse about his brand of Football, it's what we as a fanbase are crying out for.

Yeah, I get where you're coming from and agree wrt the players, it just struck me that, apart from Poch, and even Jol to a lesser extent, we've not had much to enthuse about with the foreign managers we've had.
I was banging the drum for Ten Hag but, after seeing the steady progression of Brighton under Potter, it's made me think that he really ticks every box for the rebuild we need, particularly as we all enthuse about his brand of Football, it's what we as a fanbase are crying out for.
Not sure the nationality of a coach is in any way important.

Chelsea being the obvious example. Replace an unpopular (but nevertheless pretty successful) European manager with an English club legend. Great joy abounds. Club legend clearly not up to the task. Replace him with another European manager. Success ensues.

Yeh it’s odd it’s like the 3-0 defeat is now a victory. I mean would you have taken a 3-0 win but kept Nuno long term, I wouldn’t because over the course of a season Conte is in a different league to Nuno ability wise, we can easily make up 3 points and a lot more with Conte.

So a disclaimer before I post this that we were pathetic and deserved negative points. But anyway…

So this wasn’t brought up yesterday but I think Fred should have received 2 yellows on the same play yesterday and it was pretty clear.

He completely pulls back ndombele which was a clear yellow. However, advantage is played and he takes out the next player from behind to slow down the play. That’s a yellow too.

Awarding only one yellow is just bad refereeing. Fred already tried to stop the break and failed. He doesn’t just get to keep trying until play is stopped. He broke the rules multiple times and only was punished once because it was an atypical situation. These plays will continue to happen until punished.

Bad refereeing and lack of understanding of the rules.
And bruno and ronaldo should have seen red against the dippers leaving them suspended against us

I sold my ticket on the club exchange for this game and requested the funds on October 25th
How long does it usually take to hit your account, it hasn't yet!

Back
Top Bottom