The Once-Mighty Spurs vs Mancs - Sat 30th Oct, 5:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Absolutely no chance. His position is untenable.
Pretty sure the club recently talked about this being a rebuild and they wouldn't be looking short term. Which seemed like code for "this season will be shit, strap in".

I'd love Nuno to be replaced ASAP by an attacking manager but the signs aren't great, yet.

Hugo being thrown under the media bus apparently...

Nuno nowhere to be seen..... Some fans refusing to leave; assumed to be sticking around to give him pelters in the press area.
They should be giving it to your cunt boss - he’s the real cancer at Spurs. Have a fucking day off!

Exactly. Sick of this who do we get question.
No - it's an absolutely crucial question, and is a large part of why we're in this mess to begin with!

7 months ago we sacked Mourinho, and (eventually) brought in a lower grade version of Mourinho. That cannot happen again. I hope Nuno goes tonight, he's definitely wrong for us, but I'd rather keep him for now than sack him and bring in an even worse reincarnation of Jose / Nuno.

In a perfect world there should be a silver lining to that shit show. It should be the end for Nuno and allow us to steal a March in the managerial hunt before United realise that Ole is fucking trash too.
Having seen the previous shit show that led to Nuno’s appointment however, I fully expect him to either remain like a lingering fart, or get sacked followed by another few months to appoint another clueless fool.
When we appointed him in the summer it was a statement of a lack of ambition, I knew then that this season was going to be an utter shit show.

The main difference does seem to be Kane. With the ins and outs this summer, we arguably have a better first 11 and possibly squad than we did 12 months ago (I did say arguably...) but this season, as much as I have always loved Kane and hope to god that he gets back to his best very soon, we have been playing most games with 10 men. Personally I'd put our predicament on the field down to two factors - Nuno has no ideas, and Kane, either consciously or (more likely in my opinion) sub-consciously, has pretty much downed tools.

How do you solve those two problems? Fuck knows:
Nuno - it's all very well sacking him, and I can't help but hope that happens tonight, but there's little point unless you can get someone better in, and I've no idea who that would be (who would actually take the job).
Kane - impossible situation - all I can suggest is that Levy gives him a written deal saying that if he hits certain targets this season, he can leave for £100m in the summer. I can't think of anything else that could possibly work.
It's hard not to just give up on this season, I'd be fine if we brought in a feel-good caretaker - I dunno, Harry, Glenn, christ, even Pat Jennings who's at the club at the minute isn't he - maybe with a younger bloke like Gus Poyet, even someone out of left field like VDV, who can do all the media stuff (thinking about the older guys' health here).

Spend the next six months thinking long and hard about where to go next - young British (Howe, Potter and so on), foreign (Valverde, Gallardo and the other names that always get mentioned), get them quietly on board and working with Paritici on both the philosophy and the targets/sales to be made...

Like everyone else, I haven't the faintest idea

The saddest part of this whole shambles is how utterly, utterly predictable the whole thing was.

The absolute ineptitude of the utter clowns in charge of our football club will never, ever cease to amaze me.

Wow. That was bad.

Not convinced the crowd liked Lucas being replaced by Berwijn! Taking Skippy off? Then, as if to say, "I give up" he brings Dele on. Final nail in the coffin, for me.

And he kept Kane on the pitch!!!!!
Probably Kane's worst ever performance? Did absolutely nothing I can remember.

At least a few of the others were doing their jobs.

Ramos was sacked Oct 25th 2008
Saturday

Redknapp was sacked in pre season so forget that.

AVB sacked 16th Dec.
Monday - had to wait for Poch.

Poch IIRC was sacked on Thursday
I honestly think he’ll get until next weekend and if he goes, it’ll be during the international break. After all of the trouble they had getting someone last time though my hopes aren’t too high

Back
Top Bottom