The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Someone wrote during the week that we would lose one of our next 3 games. How right.

I thought today might be hard but did not think we would lose. Its poor to drag defeat from a draw. Poor game management.

But posters who call us brilliant one week and proclaim the arrival of new messiahs can't follow it up next week with indignation and hindsight analysis.

We are a good side but nothing more but have days when we can be very good and days like today. End of.

For now 4th remains ours to lose. We just might but nobody could say for certain.

Last edited:
Someone wrote during the week thar we would lose one of our next 3 games. How right.

I thought today might be hard but did not think we would lose. Its poor to drag defeat from a draw. Poor game management.

But posters who call us brilliant one week and proclaim the arrival of new messiahs can't follow it up next week with indignation and hindsight analysis.

We are a good side but nothing more but have days when we can be very good and days like today.

End of and for now 4th remains ours to lose. We just might but nobody could say for certain.
Exactly this a week ago Romero is the chosen one Conte is always right and PEH was utterly irreplaceable. The truth is we are very much a work in progress with lots to actually even become the clearly fourth best team in the country.

Someone wrote during the week thar we would lose one of our next 3 games. How right.

We are a good side but nothing more but have days when we can be very good and days like today.

End of and for now 4th remains ours to lose. We just might but nobody could say for certain.
That was me and really hoped it would be third game of the three to crush momentum for the chasers. Oh well, Goons also shit the bed and look less likely to bounce back than us

I'm hoping to day was just due to an unusual week. Conte with covid. Kane swanning around in Augusta, general complacency due to basking in recent results.

Hopefully this is a wake up.

Last edited:
I was always clear there would be hiccups along the way.

My mum used to use an old Victorian expression, "Many a slip twixt cup and lip". As someone who has spilt his fair share of drink down his chest, I've always seen the wisdom of that expression, especially when people take to predicting football outcomes.

That doesn’t mean anything. They still played like shit. He only had to make like 2 really good saves and they only had 6 shots on target. Chelsea had 14 on target against Southampton the week before.

You said they didn't look close to scoring.

How can a keeper get MOTM if the other side didn't get close to scoring?

The performance displayed the lack of passion of this generation. Everything comes easy due to the inflated wages and the fans and badge are not important when it really comes down to it.
Responsibility is not something they understand anymore, they are a product of the entitled generation.

Maybe. But also they might just be a lot worse than we believe

I actually think 4th spot will fall into our laps by the other teams fecking up.

Sat23/04/202217:30BRENTFORDA
Sun01/05/202214:00LEICESTER CITYH
Sat07/05/202219:45LIVERPOOLA
Thu12/05/202219:45WoolwichH
Sun15/05/202212:00BURNLEYH
Sun22/05/202216:00NORWICH CITYA

Back
Top Bottom