The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For me top 4 was gone when Woolwich won both those games they were supposed to lose and we fucked up the two games we were supposed to win.
Meh. It's certainly gone for United and West Ham, but never say never about us. Woolwich may have won the last three when we weren't expecting, but they also unexpectedly lost the three before that.

Let's see. Hopefully the media puts pressure on them now as the presumptive 4th placers and they bottle it.

It was a horseshit decision at the time too. If I recall correctly they played the 'woe is us' card on player numbers despite having chosen to loan some out that month.
Yea it was a joke of a call really.

They knew they’d have players going to Afcon, and had a bunch of injuries, but still sent players out on loan. They got one covid case and that was their excuse. Legoman tried to justify it by saying spurs had plenty of games postponed, like it’s something we wanted.

The fact is we can beat the goonies because arteta is a twat! Big teams can win ugly? So what the fuck happened when they lost those 3 games at the beginning of the month.... The problem is us, all us and all Royal - I can't believe we bought him. A total turd of a player. Against Brighton he was so so so awful. Doherty at least gave us a threat and freed up the other wing but sess does not have that threat and can't make up for royals pure shitness. Barca must be fn pissing themselves at us. I blame not getting top four squarely on that signing, if we fail to sell royal even at a loss then I've no hope for next season either.

The fact is we can beat the goonies because arteta is a twat! Big teams can win ugly? So what the fuck happened when they lost those 3 games at the beginning of the month.... The problem is us, all us and all Royal - I can't believe we bought him. A total turd of a player. Against Brighton he was so so so awful. Doherty at least gave us a threat and freed up the other wing but sess does not have that threat and can't make up for royals pure shitness. Barca must be fn pissing themselves at us. I blame not getting top four squarely on that signing, if we fail to sell royal even at a loss then I've no hope for next season either.
While the guy has hardly set the league in fire, putting all the blame on him for us not getting top 4 is just insanity.

The entire team was shite against Brighton and Brentford, just like they were against Burnley and Soton. It’s results like that which may end up costing us top 4.

So, we need to beat scum and have them draw one of their other games.

And win our 3 remaining games, after the dippers (as chances are we will lose that).

Is that correct?

Of course, they could draw more games, but, considering how jammy they are and that refs are seemingly desperate for them to get CL, I think that's a decent shout at what will transpire.

Just keeping Aurier would have done wonders for us.

I don't understand why we insisted on kicking him out even though we couldn't find a buyer.

What a load of crap. This is a team game, one shit player can’t make the other 10 play like shit too.

Yea it was a joke of a call really.

They knew they’d have players going to Afcon, and had a bunch of injuries, but still sent players out on loan. They got one covid case and that was their excuse. Legoman tried to justify it by saying spurs had plenty of games postponed, like it’s something we wanted.
Indeed - one of those postponed games being away against Leicester where the decision was made by the FA after our players had all travelled up to the King Power.

They should have pointed and laughed at Woolwich while rejecting the request, not pitied them.

Do Leeds have many injuries?
Never underestimate a team at the bottom,
I remember united going to West Ham in 1991/92 and losing. It’s football anything can happen

Just keeping Aurier would have done wonders for us.

I don't understand why we insisted on kicking him out even though we couldn't find a buyer.

I can only assume he was considered a bad influence in the dressing room and it was a priority to get him out of there .. it really doesn't make any sense otherwise.

I can only assume he was considered a bad influence in the dressing room and it was a priority to get him out of there .. it really doesn't make any sense otherwise.
He did seem keen to leave for a few years, but the players seem to really like him. Both him and Sissoko seemed like big charaters in the dressing room.

What a load of crap. This is a team game, one shit player can’t make the other 10 play like shit too.
I agree and I know this won't go down well but I think Conte has been both the solution and part of the problem. Refusing to adjust the shape or personnel when it isn't working and letting games go away from us is not just on the players. Yes he's got us within touching distance from but it's baffling why the games we've lost or lucky to draw, he's showed a lack of that match winning in game tactical masterclass

I agree and I know this won't go down well but I think Conte has been both the solution and part of the problem. Refusing to adjust the shape or personnel when it isn't working and letting games go away from us is not just on the players. Yes he's got us within touching distance from but it's baffling why the games we've lost or lucky to draw, he's showed a lack of that match winning in game tactical masterclass
Can't argue with this.

But I also can't help but think about how good this team could be with 2 good (not even asking for great) wingbacks. Our WBs get so much space, but do nothing with it. They almost never take their man on, almost never put in a dangerous cross. More often than any of that, they get in the freaking way of our front 3. And usually just look to pass sideways or backwards, completely killing our attack.

so yeah, I wish when we are playing awful, he'd be open to doing something else. But I really hope he stays around and we make some smart additions - next year's team could be great fun to watch.

I don’t think it is as simply as that. Klopp’s first season he had a squad about our level now and finished 8th, they where up and down, sometimes great, sometimes shit but the playing the style remained the same. Like us now they had a crap bench with little in the way of being able to change things for the better. Even if Conte made errors just as Klopp did he is like any manager only human, until he has more than 7-8 good players to work with we are going to be up and down.

Back
Top Bottom